CPU/Mobo need suggestion 4 new rig.....

welll..... 4 speaker also 4 pin wire is there...its mention which is 4 speaker...which is power switch which is hdd led...which is reset......only thing is i have to connect it at proper slot..thats it.......ill brb after checking the inner cabling in a short while

Hey dudes Im having the same prob on the asus a7v-400MX(VIA Integrated crap).
I use a gf4mx440 on this one.

Whenever i start the system,the fans spin for a sec.,spin dows,again spin up.ive tried changing the PSU yesterday but no use.

PS:Sorry for highjacking the thread,thought this may be relavent.

sorry dude.....i made a blunder.....deejay was right reset is 2 pin wire(i said 4 sorry 4 that) and not smi.....but power led wire is missing(pled)3in 1 one.....btw kumar your mobo is right....via mobo has the feature or shortcoming(in order to detect display)...it does this thats normal with via board....btw...my first mobo never had probs.......only after 15 days this prob started...but that board never used to start on pressing reset...this and other board.....1st reset.....checking of display.....2nd reset starts...also pointed to b noted here is i switch off the comp...and the ups is on(means power to cpu isnt discoonected...and now i press power on....i need to reset only once to start and also this time no bios bep is given(i guess..will try that again in shortwhile).

also i have taken my 2 rams interchanged them or tried 1 at a time...but prob is as it is.......also would lik to mention..in the vendor lab also he faced the same prob....so i guess its mobo defect...mayb some internal chip is damaged...and yup i hav flashed my bios...but the last latest update is of dec 2004

@ magnet, are you using onboard graphics ??
Do you have an AGP card ??
if yes then disable the onboard graphics in the bios. and insert that AGP card.
then remove all the wires near that connector block, i.e.power, rst , pled, spk, HDD etc all of them
then with the screwdriver jumpstart the m/c. by shorting the PWR pins for a second or so.
post back ur observations.....

deejay i dont hav graphic card...and in bios settings is auto.........4 that....presently i started my system as u said all wires r off........i sho\rted the pins 4 2 sec..sys started...but same thing no beep ...no monitor crisp sound.........then shorted reset 4 2 sec.........mobo checked the display h/w(fan switched 4 2 sec... then again started.....)..then shorted it again......heard crisp sound of monitor but no bios sound...but atlest its confirm cabinet is ok...i guess...now i hav ram numbers how do i check whether its original or not?????its hynix made in koreawith this mention on it.....................hy5dv56822bt-h and some 368 a..........its 256 mb and i have 2 such rams..........

i mailed big.....here is the response frm them

dear xyz
hi thnx for your interest in our products pls check the prices on
your requested prooducts , all BIG products comes with standadrd 3
yrs wtty

we dont recommend 6800gt pci exp to our clients bcoz we blv in guiding
them as pci exp 6800gt is around 21000+tax 4% its more advisable to use
SLItechnology , if you want to spend tht kind of money
it means you can put 2 6600gt pci exp cards in your system n bridge them
thuis solution is more powerful then standalone card
6800ultra pci exp -- rather go for 7800gtz pci exp 256mb its latest
technology at 30000+tax
cheers
vikas

respected sir...i want the prices for following cards...kindly provide
> me that asap........
> pci-e based card
>
> big 6600gt----- 8900+4%vat
> big 6800gt
> big 6800ultra
>
> i stay in mumbai
>

ill go 4 6600gt.....though wanted 6800gt......but looks damn xpensive....i had 13-14k for graphic card as budget...nyways ill sav that 4 future......................

btw.....i hav decided to sav money on monitor as well...will go 4 crt now...........lcd the best which comes r still damn xpensive........so better settle for crt..........so 17" one only.........want one which occupies less space....how is this acer 715 is that good????

i got the 64bit 3000+ processer...........frm mnemonics.....its LBBLE 0517 DPMW...is it fine????he charged 7.7k i guess its way overcharge......prime told me 7.3k

LBBLE 0517 - a 17th week Venice is paiso wasool deal.
u shouldnt mind spending that extra money at Mnemonics as 17th Week Venice Rock when u overclock.

okk today i went to lamington to get other stuffs....jus only got big gfx pci e card.......for 9.3k..6600gt

the biggest blunder was no one had the mobo 4 939 socket.........nor msi neo platinum 4 nor asus a8ne
asked prime and comp selection

also prime told me the benq dvd writer might come next week...but not sure

now i need advice with 1gb ram......which one to go .....how to check the settings...and the cas latency all...values which 1 should b low and high(in short)...complete details abt ram

No Socket939 mobo available? thats strange! :D

The Hynix modules seem to be easily available, and are promising as well. Try searching for Hynix modules on BrainPower PCB's (wont be easy, but search the forums on how to identify brainpower PCB's, else buy Rockyme's Hynix 1GB mem sticks that are on sale in the market section - they're confirmed BrainPower) .

As per CAS latency settings , most come as a standard 2.5-3-3-8 timings or 3-4-4-10. You wont get anything less than that, unless you try tweaking them from your BIOS - how tight latency settings you get is only determined by your mem.

where it is(rashi)?????...i dont know many shops in lami.....all r so close by and i miss them easily..or i get kick by the car........
lol

ask mediatech
dont have the bombay nos/ for them but im sure many bombay-ites here have it.

Get a
Foxconn NF4K8MC-RS Rs.4045
or
Foxconn NF4K8AC-8EKRS(Full ATX) rs.5200

MSI RS480 Rs. 5100

But im sure the A8NE is available in plenty-- may be dealers are just awaiting a fresh stock.

U can go with a Foxconn mobo, Excellent mbos;s for a Descent Price

Back