Budget 51-70k Need Suggestion for PC include Monitor (no GPU)

Steve said it can be good for 7600 but talked something about 85'C temp limit. The only con mentioned is of no rgb headers.

So PCIe gen 5 nvme m2 has backward compatibility for PCIe gen 4 right?
Please double check everything that i say, since i am not looking things up but saying from memory.

1) I think Asrock had some lower cpu temp limit initially as default in bios and it likely could be overridden ( as chart had both lower and higher limit nos). Google for this if you are concerned.
Here is another review that mentions same -

2) These boards are capable of running even 7950X. Considering that 7600 / 7800x3d are much more realistic cpus for gaming purpose it does not matter than much as both are very efficient.
My VRM max temps is around 53C.

3) 1 is not really bad thing for these processors as last bit of performance takes out disproportionate amount of power and temps. I am running 7800x3d at 79C limit, and with a bit of undervolt performance is still slightly better than stock.

4) No idea about rgb stuff as i don't care for it. Did not check if B650m ds3h has them.
Make sure to check specs for both and compare each thing and decide

5) Yes, should be backward compatible, just as how we can use PCIE3 nvme on motherboards with PCIE4 m2 with obvious upside of being able to use PCIE5 in future.
btw, if you dont have a usecase for it, ssds speeds does not matter that much in real world usage.
I moved my OS and games from old SN550 to a new PCIE4 drive Corsair MP600 PRO NH and feel no difference at all. copy paste will be faster if other disk is fast enough.
In future, things like direct storage may begin to make more use of this. I read that Alan Wake 2 could read upto around 3-4 GB/s.

Alan Wake is really a one off which uses that high bandwidth but most games benefit from SSD anyways. Even I observe no noticeable difference between good Gen3 SSD like SN570 which I have vs the Aorus Gen4 SSD I have.

Even with DirectStorage, Gen4 SSDs with 5000+ MBps bandwidth are sufficient as that is what PS5/XBSX use.

Please double check everything that i say, since i am not looking things up but saying from memory.

1) I think Asrock had some lower cpu temp limit initially as default in bios and it likely could be overridden ( as chart had both lower and higher limit nos). Google for this if you are concerned.
Here is another review that mentions same -

2) These boards are capable of running even 7950X. Considering that 7600 / 7800x3d are much more realistic cpus for gaming purpose it does not matter than much as both are very efficient.
My VRM max temps is around 53C.

3) 1 is not really bad thing for these processors as last bit of performance takes out disproportionate amount of power and temps. I am running 7800x3d at 79C limit, and with a bit of undervolt performance is still slightly better than stock.

4) No idea about rgb stuff as i don't care for it. Did not check if B650m ds3h has them.
Make sure to check specs for both and compare each thing and decide

5) Yes, should be backward compatible, just as how we can use PCIE3 nvme on motherboards with PCIE4 m2 with obvious upside of being able to use PCIE5 in future.
btw, if you dont have a usecase for it, ssds speeds does not matter that much in real world usage.
I moved my OS and games from old SN550 to a new PCIE4 drive Corsair MP600 PRO NH and feel no difference at all. copy paste will be faster if other disk is fast enough.
In future, things like direct storage may begin to make more use of this. I read that Alan Wake 2 could read upto around 3-4 GB/s.
For the rgb part i dont know where to use them anyway. The Case RGB fans run via PSU connector anyway right...

For the SSD part I think game load times may be faster with the higher speed.

I did not find Acer XV272A v3 locally..

For the rgb part i dont know where to use them anyway. The Case RGB fans run via PSU connector anyway right.
Case fans usually connect to motherboard so that they can be controlled by motherboard.

For rgb, i think there is a separate ARGB connector - make sure to connect to right port, i think i read that we can kill the board using wrong connector ( something about 12v/5v - not sure).
I don't bother with this.

For the SSD part I think game load times may be faster with the higher speed.
Anyway SSD prices have gone down decently, so no harm in going for something reasonable rather than rock bottom.

I did not find Acer XV272A v3 locally..
I am using previous version of this monitor. Highly recommended.

Back