Budget 0-20k Need suggestions for a 750w PSU

Sumi

Disciple
I will be buying an Asrock B550m Pro4 motherboard and my 3070 requires two 8 pins.

My choice was the Antec HCG 750w 80+ GOLD Fully Modular but some PSU providers give a "daisy pin" connector instead of two individual 8 pin connectors for the GPU which is bad.

Does the HCG750 provide all the connectors I need to satisfy both the Asrock B550m Pro4 and the GPU because I can see there is a 8 pin connector on the top left part of the Pro4 and that's why I'm puzzled if this PSU has all connectors I require.

If not, my budget is around the 8k area but willing to stretch a little if I get something better.

Here are the links for both the products from their official websites.

Hcg750 has 4 pcie connectors which means there are at least two separate cables. Its the best PSU you can buy for the price range.

Hcg750 has 4 pcie connectors which means there are at least two separate cables. Its the best PSU you can buy for the price range.
1617437626238.png

Yes indeed it's a great PSU but an amazon review said something about there not being 6+4 CPU connectors on the HCG750 that some motherboards require for maximum performance. I cannot see that on this motherboard but instead 'this' 8 pin connector.

Can you clarify what 'this' is for? I really have no idea as to what that is. Would also be great to know if this PSU can provide a connector required for 'this' 8 pin (I believe it's not a 8 pin PCIE connector but something else).

Last edited:
My X470 gaming plus has 8+4 CPU connectors but I'm only using the 8. It's a non issue.

HCG750 comes with two of those connectors so you can connect them if you want anyway

My X470 gaming plus has 8+4 CPU connectors but I'm only using the 8. It's a non issue.

HCG750 comes with two of those connectors so you can connect them if you want anyway
I see! Appreciate the replies. I'll go forward with the HCG750.

Yes indeed it's a great PSU but an amazon review said something about there not being 6+4 CPU connectors on the HCG750 that some motherboards require for maximum performance. I cannot see that on this motherboard but instead 'this' 8 pin connector.

Can you clarify what 'this' is for? I really have no idea as to what that is. Would also be great to know if this PSU can provide a connector required for 'this' 8 pin (I believe it's not a 8 pin PCIE connector but something else).
I believe you are talking about the below review, note that it is for NeoEco 650M Bronze model. HCG750 gold is the best PSU at this price.

1617698284532.png

Getting a used 2 months used Antec HCG750 for 1.5k less than MRP.

Does it make sense to buy it now though I have put my plans to build the PC on hold till GPU prices become affordable?

Getting a used 2 months used Antec HCG750 for 1.5k less than MRP.

Does it make sense to buy it now though I have put my plans to build the PC on hold till GPU prices become affordable?
Buy and use it if you have a PC or go as you have planned and wait.

Buy and use it if you have a PC or go as you have planned and wait.
No, I don't have a PC. Was planning my first build but due to no reasonable deal on GPU, have put it on hold.

So I shouldn't get a PSU without rest of the components, right?

No, I don't have a PC. Was planning my first build but due to no reasonable deal on GPU, have put it on hold.

So I shouldn't get a PSU without rest of the components, right?
Yeah, it will just be a waste for you to buy it right now if wait time is over 2+ months.

Back