Need suggestions for purchasing a new AirCon.

Have you considered building a roof-like cover for the ODU? That should take care of dirty water falling on the ODU and clogging the fins.

@rdst_1 Do you mean grill-like structure covering the AC?
I do have a turpentine sheet in front of the AC to prevent dirty water coming inside. But even that is not sufficient because it's the high velocity wind during monsoon that is responsible for water getting collected on the AC.
I have something like this in mind. The thing is, water comes in more from the front, than from the top. So don't know whether it will be helpful to prevent water coming from the front.

Would suggest getting it repaired by a third party service provider like Urban Company. 16k is too much for a inverter PCB. Seems like they are trying to rip off customers as much as possible. I would blame the "authorized" service networks for this absurdity.
My Daikin inverter AC isnt cooling properly. Got it checked by UC, they say there is issue with PCB. Told me to contact Daikin. So UC dotn fix PCB issues and he also told me it will be expensive. He said PCB was overheating and cutting off the compressor. I get better cooling in night, almost no cooling in day.
Bill is 7k for my PCB replacement.

Last edited:
My Daikin inverter AC isnt cooling properly. Got it checked by UC, they say there is issue with PCB. Told me to contact Daikin. So UC dotn fix PCB issues and he also told me it will be expensive. He said PCB was overheating and cutting off the compressor. I get better cooling in night, almost no cooling in day.
I wasn't aware of that. However, 7k is a way more realistic number compared to the 16k quote that the OP got.

I would really like to know what is this pcb not working, I mean can't we check the components on pcb and see which ic ot what ever has conked out?
Did they take away the old pcb ?

They have ordered the PCB, they will install after its available. They cant take away the old PCB. The engineer told me Daikin does not repair the PCB its only replaced, he told me i can get it repaired from any local ac repair guy and it should be a minor repair. But i am going for the replacement this time. I may get the old PCB repaired and keep for future use if required.

They have ordered the PCB, they will install after its available. They cant take away the old PCB. The engineer told me Daikin does not repair the PCB its only replaced, he told me i can get it repaired from any local ac repair guy and it should be a minor repair. But i am going for the replacement this time. I may get the old PCB repaired and keep for future use if required.
Did you got your AC in perfectly working condition?

Back