Need to Buy Screwdriver set with Magnetic feature.

I was thinking of like buying the amazonn basic and attacting a small magnet to it when magnetic effect is need. should it work ?

Subbed. I posted in the DIY thread when I was wondering if there was a branded set here, like let's say ifixit, but nope.
You need to specifically check for magnetic bits and not magnetic ratchets.

Came across this, not sure of the quality

For Mi Precision Kit, it will be an issue if one has to work with live electric supply as the entire kit is metal only.
Why would you use a precision screwdriver for electric supply work? More importantly you're supposed to switch off the supply first before using ANY screwdriver.

I have a non magnetic screwdriver set. I just stick a coin battery sized magnet above the bit(probably pulled from a small old speaker). Makes it magnetic. Can pick screws easily. Also can use the magnet on a long screwdriver to pull deep/lost screws.

This should fit the bill perfectly I guess

Looks like they are giving away Rs100 cashback through paytm for 5 star review. However I bought this couple of months back and it is of good quality but slightly priced higher.

I prefer to shop these locally/physically in hardware shops. You actually get to know how good is the bits quality.
I bought one magnetic for mobile cum pc usage 11yrs ago for 400 bucks & its still serving me really well. Its was some Chinese but was suggested by few shops for its sturdiness.
Back then I was into mobile repairs etc. (only personal/hobby purpose) and required single set for multiple use. Thus it takes cares of all my household equipments....kitchware/electric stuff/pc/phone/furniture and almost everything I require it for..

Which screw driver do you people use to build PC?

I have few screw drivers but they are a bit short and I found it really difficult to screw down cpu cooler on mobo or mobo in pc case.

Back