Laptops Need to format Xps 1530 and put xp and vista.

bharathi_n_r

Disciple
hi fellows,
Got my Xps 1530 yesterday and it is stunning with vista.:hap2: ...Got the accessories like noise isolation ear buds,blootooth wireless.....No problem with the creative ear buds, they are awesome, but the wireless bluetooth headset is'nt working.I mean my system is not able to find it when i try to add a bluetooth device.....Any help for this would be much appreciated....

Vista is amazing but i need to work with visual studio 2003 which is not compatible with vista.so i want to format my entire system and put vista in one drive and xp in the other.....Currently i have two partitions..one is the os and the other is for back up and to store my files...How can i do this with out any problem.i mean will i be able to use both os with out any trouble or will i be facing any trouble after i put both os...

I will be satisfied even if i put xp in it cause i have to do all my visaul studio work with this lappy only and most of the work will be done for my company....so plz suggest me a good neat solution for me to use xp in my xps 1530.....It would be more helpful if u "pros" give me any guidelines or step by step procedures............

Thanks and Regards
Bharathi

dude, installing XP wont be a problem but just confirm 1ce about all the drivers fr XPS if available or not. Because when i posted few days back someone told me about few of the drivers not available yet for XP. Rest XP would give you an amazing performance comparatively anyday.. :hap2:

thanks dude,
I want xp to work with visual studio 2003 and sql server 2000...apart from that all my media and other fun stuffs i want to do it in vista....I am trying to have dual os so that i can switch to anyone according to my need.....If u consider this, will u recommend to have xp and vista eventhough some of the drivers are missing....will it pose a problem working with xp....

yep, lack of drivers shall pose some performance issues.. so check it with dell n google it too.. u may get all the drivers simply..

but i wonder, although i don't know about this specifically, can't u run the latest versions of Visual studio on vista.. like Visual studio 2007 or later??

hmmm,
thanks dude.I found a way to do the partition without formatting the entire disk....Previously i had two drives c(Os) and d(Recovery)..After i did the partition i now have three drives and i am going to install xp in it....Any of u out there tried it out.i mean the partition thing....Will check with the compatibilty as a guy is coming from dell to inspect my lappy.....Will let u know about it by today.....

i think there is no direct way to install xp wth vista installed. You will have to install xp 1st and then vista on the secondary partition.
Also wen u r installing vista, do not boot from the cd and install.
Do a fresh install from XP into your d: or wateva.

if u do install vista by a bootable cd. then wen u boot into vista, ur c: will be vista and if u boot into xp, then ur xp drive will also be c:. This can get a bit confusing.

Also since u mostly have an OEM copy u may not have a vista dvd, if u dont borrow it from someone and put the key.

Well the guy from dell came and checked all my drivers and my id....When i asked about installing xp, he told me to get the information from dell...so i am going to call dell and ask for the drivers....Will see how they provide me a solution......will let u know people...

Back