Netflix crackdown is coming

Netflix has gotten extremely picky and unreliable. Instead of welcoming user with open arms, there's a red tape everywhere. Oh, oh, you need netflix certified TV and the remote control has to be certified by the Netflix too. Your mobile needs to be certified otherwise it won't work in HD and won't cast. About 80% devices in the market can't run Netflix even though they are capable enough. You might be having 4090TI in your computer but Netflix thinks your system isn't worthy and won't run in HD in chrome (Did anyone know that?) The windows netflix app has degraded audio quality making it useless. Red tape everywhere. I'm paying for the f'ing subscription why won't it let me watch peacefully?

There are now thousands and thousands of website where you can watch any movie or series with a click of button. No need to download anything, no need to get certified, no subscription. No AI learning your watching habits and making a behavioral model.

Need another Thop. And I'm willing to pay for it. Need something that just works.
Time to sail the high seas.

You might be having 4090TI in your computer but Netflix thinks your system isn't worthy and won't run in HD in chrome (Did anyone know that?) The windows netflix app has degraded audio quality making it useless. Red tape everywhere. I'm paying for the f'ing subscription why won't it let me watch peacefully?
Thing is Netflix doesn't trust DRM capabilities of chrome and firefox and hence refuses to play anything over 720p there. Microsoft Edge works on 1080p even though that's chromium based.

There's an app which streams torrents called popcorn time. The android client is very bad though.

Thing is Netflix doesn't trust DRM capabilities of chrome and firefox and hence refuses to play anything over 720p there. Microsoft Edge works on 1080p even though that's chromium based.

There's an app which streams torrents called popcorn time. The android client is very bad though.

I have one issue with popcorn time on my Firestick. The apps expects free space on my firestick equal to the size of torrent. I know how popcorntime works but the ask is ridiculous. Contrary to that, stremio with addons which also streams from torrents doesn't have any such requirement.

Wasn't Popcorn Time officially shuttered last year? Not sure how trustworthy the current maintainer is then.

Having *Arr setup at home is probably the best option as in most cases, it just takes a few minutes for a movie to be available locally, compared to the pain of streaming a specific torrent from a specific source.

I never had a Netflix sub, outside of the initial trial for 7 days, never found it worth the price. I have Prime as it gives me quick delivery for things I order plus the Music & Movies and Shows I want as an added bonus, I have HotStar which again is a bundle for renewing JIO with a yearly plan. What benefit does Netflix give me, other than watching content, nothing? same for other XYZ services. Although I recently brought F1TV sub and that has been a hard pill to swallow, there was no other choice of watching live F1 :arghh:

Was able to stream two and half men on Netflix on Chrome in full hd glory last week. I guess it's a recent development
Ok, yeah maybe recent. I think if you have a gpu and your display supports and is enabled with HDCP then you can watch Full HD on netflix on Chrome.

1679978654325.png

Ah the advantages of cloud service over CD/DVD/Bluray/Plex/Jellyfin :). Not to forget the rental libraries, where you pay only for what you watch and when you watch it.

stremio with addons which also streams from torrents doesn't have any such requirement.
I don't know if it's just for me, but Stremio takes a lot of time to load and also buffers a good number of times, even after using 720p torrent files and a 100mbps connection. Do you also face the same issue?

Back