Netflix launches in India, Starts at 500/mo

swatkats

Skilled
Try a month free on www.netflix.com

SD content - 500/month (1device)
HD content - 650/month (2 devices)
Ultra HD content - 800/month (4devices) ... Same US pricing!

4mY24pp.jpg

Terms and Conditions:

Payments will be processed internationally, so foreign transaction fees may apply.
Your Netflix membership, which starts with a 1 month free offer, will begin when you click Start Membership. Simply cancel anytime in your first month, and you will not be charged. To cancel, go to "Your Account" and click on "Cancel membership."
No refunds or credits for partial months.
By clicking Start Membership, you authorize us to continue your month-to-month Netflix membership (currently Rs. 500) automatically, charged monthly to the payment method provided, until you cancel. High Definition (HD) and Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) availability subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content available in HD or Ultra HD. See Terms of Use for more details.

Settings to be checked out first:

KZnIe20.png

Speed Recommended For Buffer Free Experience:

SD (480p) - 2mbps
HD (1080p) - 5mbps
UHD (4k) - 25mbps

Payment
:

Make sure you have International transactions enabled on your debit card and it should work.

Last edited:
Only if Internet would improve in India. Since a million years, we are still on 1 Mbps or so plan at my home in Mumbai as 2 Mbps UL is like exponentially super high.

2016 will be a game changer. Also Netflix is likely to partner with Some 4G provider and a Wired Broadband provider (They might get a discount on that network)

Don't cry on pricing.. From what i see Sharing Id between friends turns out to be cheap.[DOUBLEPOST=1452104776][/DOUBLEPOST]
Content listed anywhere?
No content restriction as per their Twitter Id.

Also Netflix is likely to partner with Some 4G provider and a Wired Broadband provider

I hope these people dont try to tinker with net neutrality.
I think NF supports NN back home in USA, but everywhere else they try to breach it.

2016 will be a game changer. Also Netflix is likely to partner with Some 4G provider and a Wired Broadband provider (They might get a discount on that network)

Don't cry on pricing.. From what i see Sharing Id between friends turns out to be cheap.[DOUBLEPOST=1452104776][/DOUBLEPOST]
No content restriction as per their Twitter Id.

There is no restriction (as far as adult content that I can see) but there is a fair bit missing from what I see in the US version. Looks like I will still be using a VPN some times.

Gotta find peeps to share an UHD account with now. :p

There is no restriction (as far as adult content that I can see) but there is a fair bit missing from what I see in the US version. Looks like I will still be using a VPN some times.

Gotta find peeps to share an UHD account with now. :p
800/4 = 200/month + International conversion fees.

Also Data will be streaming from Singapore Data centers.

Last edited:
@raksrules We can share subscribe to Ultra HD plan and can share Id's right? That works out Cheap..

I believe so. I know many people here in US (Indians mostly) do this, buy the 4 streams one, share between 4 people and you only spend 200 rs in India. Better deal over all.
In fact I am here looking for someone to share my Indian IPTV service (legit service) as they have 3 streams but most people here are more interested in watching part 1, part 2, part 3 and such from websites where it doesn't work everytime than spend $20 per month on highly convenient and featured service.

Frankly will stick to Deejayahmed Rips for time being. :p
100Gb FUP @ 40mbps is not even lasting till 15th of calendar month, with 3mbps post FUP speed i think streaming FULL HD will be Pita.

Its time ISP's should launch 5mbps post FUP at 1k & 10mbps post FUP at under 2k. For streaming 720p and 1080p without interruptions.

Oh-Oh House of cards is not available for India (May add later). Checked out sense8.. It's uncensored :D

Last edited:
Frankly will stick to Deejayahmed Rips for time being. :p
100Gb FUP @ 40mbps is not even lasting till 15th of calendar month, with post 3mbps post FUP speed i think streaming HD will be Pita.

Its time ISP's should launch 5mbps post FUP at 1k & 10mbps post FUP at under 2k. For streaming 720p and 1080p without interruptions.

In India also, it seems only Hyderabad and such places are fortunate enough to get such high speeds from multiple operators. I am from Mumbai and I have only option of MTNL. I did try another operator who put some sort of modem on my terrace (not tikona) but that was sh1t so disconnected them.
Only if MTNL was sane to give better plans. I mean 2 Mbps truly unlimited without FUP for freaking 5000 Rs. WTH.

Serious upgrade to internet infrastructure is required. Fup everywhere. 4k can finish fup on most internet operators in 1-2 binge days.

Meanwhile BSNL users :p

4YfVqCN.jpg

Serious upgrade to internet infrastructure is required. Fup everywhere. 4k can finish fup on most internet operators in 1-2 binge days.
99% of them don't have tv's or monitors supporting 4K. I can Finish up my 100Gb FUP in 2 days if i do binge watching. :(

never thought to get into netflix but today's news made it possible :)

what a gallons of content & don't need to be download finally no more storage

Any idea if the movies and tv shows on netflix will be censored like like on dishtv. If they are not censored the Censor Board is likely to make lots of trouble for netflix. If the movies are censored then netflix is of no use. Gave up watching movies n tv shows on dishtv just because of the censoring bullsh*t

Back