Netflix launches in India, Starts at 500/mo

FYI, use Netflix Brazil to signup Basic Pack costs only ₹330(R$19.9),standard - ₹378(R$22.9),Premium - ₹494(R$29.99)

TIP: You can share the Premium pack with 4 persons so the premium costs only ₹123.5(per person) which is equal/lower to the price of cable tv in India
That means you need to use a Brazil based VPN. Please include the cost of that also +$3(Rs.200)/month.
.. And also latency to brazil from india is 310ms on Fiber and poor folks on ADSL would see 400ms+.

This is basically a shitty idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1452256664][/DOUBLEPOST]
Content listed anywhere?
http://unogs.com/countrydetail/

Last edited:
That means you need to use a Brazil based VPN. Please include the cost of that also +$3(Rs.200)/month.
.. And also latency to brazil from india is 310ms on Fiber and poor folks on ADSL would see 400ms+.

This is basically a shitty idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1452256664][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nope You just need hola or free Brazil VPN like flyvpn just for signup and pay (Use paypal) after that u can turn off vpn and access the Indian Netflix with ur Brazilian account

My plan 40mbps .. Consumes 6Mbps speed. Yet 480p ish quality.
9CuzVEp.jpg

MDzjvGX.jpg

6X8711l.jpg

However, No issues With Vimeo:

4uUaof2.jpg

On day1 it was acceptable at midnight. Definitely not worth your money right now. Not even 200/month.

This is true:
Kv1AHYc.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 8mbps plan from Airtel. I have opted for a Rs 650/- plan and the picture quality is good. But my FUP had gone for a six, almost consumed 45 GB in 3 days.

Have a 4k subscription, but the videos won't even play at 720p with the app. Have local peering, so speed isn't a problem.

I have a 8mbps plan from Airtel. I have opted for a Rs 650/- plan and the picture quality is good. But my FUP had gone for a six, almost consumed 45 GB in 3 days.
It would be great if you'd share a screenshot like i did. People have different kinds of judgement, Some treat 480p quality as 1k and 720p as 4k.

Have a 4k subscription, but the videos won't even play at 720p with the app. Have local peering, so speed isn't a problem.
I guess local peering won't come into play for Netflix.This was a major point of contention between the US broadband giants and Netflix.AT&T,Comcast etc. wanted Netflix to provide the files which they could host on their systems instead of connecting to Netflix's CDN every time a user watched a video.This is somewhat the same basic concept as peering/local caching.Netflix trounced that and then the broadband giants started the whole concept copied as Airtel Zero in India i.e. separate lanes for internet traffic with different speeds

I guess local peering won't come into play for Netflix.This was a major point of contention between the US broadband giants and Netflix.AT&T,Comcast etc. wanted Netflix to provide the files which they could host on their systems instead of connecting to Netflix's CDN every time a user watched a video.This is somewhat the same basic concept as peering/local caching.Netflix trounced that and then the broadband giants started the whole concept copied as Airtel Zero in India i.e. separate lanes for internet traffic with different speeds
Local peering does work with Netflix. I have a 2mbps plan, but when a video is running on Netflix, I get 1.2mb/s speed.

Yes. Breaking bad.
You are looking at piracy screens to notice the color difference.

Today i am noticing some FULL HD Stuff on Netflix.

The netflix pic (even after I open full size version) you posted doesn't seem like full HD to me :D

Does netflix really say "FULL HD" or just "HD" when you select the quality? If they're saying "full HD" and your attached pics haven't been scaled then NF is scamming us!

Back