Netgear WNDR3400 or TP Link WR1043ND

dark_horizon

Disciple
I am planning to buy a wireless router.

Area to be connected: 1000 sq ft house, with router being placed in a corner bedroom, so I need connectivity through 2 layers of walls.

Devices to be connected: 1 Laptop, 1 Asus tablet, 1 Asus Netbook, mobile phones sometimes.

I am currently using Fivenet 1 Mbps unlimited plan, however I plan to upgrade to 10 Mbps unlimited in a few months. Also, Fivenet has an excellent LAN,with download speeds of 6-10 MBps being common on LAN.

I have considered the following 2 routers, however I am open to more suggestions.

Netgear N600 Wireless-N Dual Band - Costing $70 (Rs 3750) (Importing from US, if I buy this)

Specifications - NETGEAR - N600 Wireless-N Dual Band Router with 4-port Ethernet Switch and USB Port - WNDR3400-100NAS

TP Link WR1043ND - Costing Rs 3600 on Ebay India

Specifications - TL-WR1043ND - Welcome to TP-LINK

TP Link has a gigabit ethernet port, which Netgear doesn't. Is it an absolute necessity to get 10 MBps speed on LAN downloads?

Netgear is dual band, 2.4 Ghz & 5 GHz.

My budget is upto Rs 4000. Which router will suffice my needs?

akshay7g said:
Netgear WNDR3700v2 refurb available here for $70. Should cost you 4.6k via shopabroad.

I actually have a relative in the US, who is coming back to India on 28th. Was planning to order the router through her. However refurbished items are not in stock at stores, and take 5-7 days to deliver. Hence, opting for a new piece only. Refurbished WNDR3400 is available at $39, but cannot be bought due to the same reason.

Back