New ACT(BEAM) Broadband Plans-2015

250Mbps for Residential customer, that too without upgrading your cable ? :p They would have to replace your existing line with a Cat 6 cable or else install an CPE inside your home without changing your existing wiring.

Yeah , I don't know what gave him the impression that I would need a 250 Mbps line . Definitely would need the Cat 6 . I think i dashed there hopes when i said i would rather downgrade than increase the package lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1433345748][/DOUBLEPOST]
@NjoniKill , You're so lucky! Your speed post FUP is 4 mbps, which is totally manageable! o_O
Haha Thanks i think ? Yeah it is now that my hostel has its own wifi 40 Mbps .. hathaway or something .. Anyway i won't be doing much downloading now so yes 4Mbps is manageable :)[DOUBLEPOST=1433346019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Holy Crap 11,000 Rs a month for 250 Mbps !!
1999 for 100 Mbps (home) sounds a lot better..
yes so much better . and economically viable . As it is advertised , it is for businesses . But occasionally they ask their high speed home users . Unfortunately my last name isn't ambani lol :p[DOUBLEPOST=1433346469][/DOUBLEPOST]"Fibersonic provides full duplex internet access, but not a Dedicated Leased Line and is governed by Standard TRAI Quality of Standard requirements".. Well a least there's that . *;P*

Last edited:
Ever since ACT acquired beam, the speeds are good. But network is not at all consistent. Its down for 2-3 days a month!

Ever since ACT acquired beam, the speeds are good. But network is not at all consistent. Its down for 2-3 days a month!
Same complaint here. Its down for 3days a month. Customer support unreachable. Same old 2009 complaint resolution timings. I am looking to switch to airtel ftth, but they cannot provide.

Jio please come

I think I need to start a thread called "ACT/Beam services are going downhill"

Same complaint here. Its down for 3days a month. Customer support unreachable. Same old 2009 complaint resolution timings. I am looking to switch to airtel ftth, but they cannot provide.

Jio please come

I think I need to start a thread called "ACT/Beam services are going downhill"

Yes. Seriously.
Fortunately Airtel service in my area is a lot better. Now that i can get similar speeds, time to switch next month!

Its just about right time, I am going to kick this ACT connection once Jio comes in, Personally i hate Airtel, but will switch only if they can provide FTTH.

@F3niX I did loose my cool and raised a wavier request. My connection was nearly 40 hours this month and 3days last month. Got an wavier of around ~200.

I told him a Big meaningful sentence to that billing department guy. " I'm not going to suffer because you guys are careless, Even TRAI standards suggests one should get 98%uptime (~ 14.5 hrs of downtime/month), But this is totally unacceptable and not the standards which has to be maintained by an Leading ISP. It's better you guys start Tea business instead of Internet"

I just saw the new plans and going to talk to Airtel about this. I am currently on 1349/- 60GB, 8Mbpbs. My gut feeling says they will try to keep me on the same plan.

Airtel also has Hidden charge of Rs.1281 which is for one time activation fee and a separate charge of 699+taxes for installation. Chor MC.
That is surprising. I did not pay any charges for installation. Though had to call multiple times to get them off their asses.

As for the newer 16mbps plans in Bangalore. As I suspected they were hell bent on keeping me on the same plan saying "no availability". I had to tell them to cut my connection and then got a call few days later. The CC guy told 16mbps is on FTTH and does not cover whole of Bangalore. Then he "offered" me the 1099/- 8mbps 60GB as if he was doing a favor. The same plan is listed on their site and I was overpaying 250 for past couple of months, they weren't bothered about it. Given only other choice I have Hathway, I choose to remain with them for now.

Back