New AIRTEL Plans coming..

Bah! the airtel CC still being vague when i mailed them.. but one good thing is new plans r definitely on the way. This is wht i got frm them in reply to my mail:

We would like to inform you that, our marketing team is working on

implementing the new plans , we will update you as and when the plans

are launched.

LAMERS!!!

This is not looking good. 2mbps at 2.5gb? WTF! I finish that amount in 10 days on a 256 during DAYTIME!!

I really hope unlmited plans are on the way. its of no use other wise. everybody who's been calling/emailing them, stress mostly on unlimited.

2.5 GB sounds sad . very sad. good for ppl who want to just surf but what abt the real users of the net . i called them up even today but they just refuse and say that they got no idea about any plans. EH... sucks .

lord_nemesis said:
When will we get true broadband in India :(
2 Mbps connection with download cap is lame.

I guess since the Telecom Sector will be open soon for FDI of ~70% then new international companies which solely do business in Broadband come to India & then we will see plans with no cap on download limit....

They will provide unlimited plans like west to make customers in the already crowded broadband market.... :eek:hyeah:

At that time my friend the competition will be fierce... just like Mobile.. It took ~5 years for the call charges of mobile to be the lowest in the world... so if not 5 years it will definitely take atleast 2-3 years...:S :S

So we've no option but to wait for that time....:mad: :mad:

Or shift to some foreign countires with better broadband service :p .. unlimited 4 MBps :D ..

Also , the so called "2 MBps" byt BSNL is not actually true .. downloading from a good server , like say Microsoft or a private torrent server , download speeds reach upto 230 KBps ... while from places like rapidshare or oxedion the download still are stuck at ~32 KBps .. irrespective of the fact that sites like Oxedion has a cap at 5000 Kbps which is not even the speed of the connection .. so what kind of 2 Mbps is this ?? Also , no bandwidth testing site shows the connection speed to be 2 MBps .. damm am we robbed ..

yep many times its the fake 2mbps...........nut you shouldnt be getting below 1mbps on average, and if u are then you should complain

Hotstuff said:
yep many times its the fake 2mbps...........nut you shouldnt be getting below 1mbps on average, and if u are then you should complain

Thats why they have a lucrative marketing tag line "256Kbps - 2Mbps" so that nobody can complain that they are getting slower than 2Mbps

:bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

I just spoke to a friend of mine working in Airtel Pune. While there hasn't been any official communication to them, office rumor is that it can be expected sometime next month. But no details on exact speed .... :(

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Next month.. ROTFL. BSNL here I come.
Hero, hold on to your horses for a while longer... Airtel is smart, I bet they'll release a 512kbps unlimited plan ;) And yes, I'm ready to bet on this ;)

^^ They already have a 256kbps unlimited connection thats 512 kbps at night..... so whats the big deal. On the other hand Airtel offers the lowest speed during the day compared to Sify or MTNL. They avg around 26 KB and Sify used to give me 33 KB and MTNL used to give me 31 KB. Now MTNL gives around 200 KB but not unlimited. I am willing to bet with anyone, Airtel doesnt have a unlimited plan in its sleave and cant take the fight to MTNL/BSNL, probably just match them.

techcheat, I'll take you up on that bet - Airtel will upgrade bandwidth without capping data transfer. For the record, my speeds are always the same 26-30 kb/sec up/down day or night.... 200 kb/sec download speeds are useless when data transfer is capped and your ISP doesn't guarantee speeds. BSNL's marketing strategy is basically covering their a$$e$ because they commit to anything between 256kbps and 2mbps... most people I know on BSNL are not getting better speeds :)

I'm talking raw download/upload speeds, not related to torrents. OT: Sounds like everyone is addicted to torrents the way they attribute everything back to it ;)

Back