New Apple gadgets

The Touch with the Retina display and the A4 processor looks nice. Too bad about their lockdown. I can't wait to get a real look at the display in an Apple store to see if it really is that good.

The apple tv does a max of 720p. Because Apple deemed it to be the right level of quality vs bandwidth payoff.. as usual, they decide for you.

Amazon just kicked apple's butt btw. Apple launched 99c rentals on iTunes and Amazon has come out with 99c Purchasable episodes. Not RENTALS.

seen somewhere that iPod touch 4 camera is not good as iphone 4's, even engadget says that it myt not be a 5mp camera because apple website tech says it captures pictures @ 960x640 resolution same as the retina display :p, but how i can capture HD display then, just curious to know :s

Only plays back 720p.But that's hardly an issue while commuting.Also considering the low quality of most of the available 1080p rips, that's frankly not that big a deal.but the deal breaker here is itunes.As long as it requires itunes it's pretty much useless for people here in india.Once again a decent hardware from apple only limited by restrictions apple puts in place.Fortunately it's not hard to jailbreak their devices. But to be honest, if portability is not an issue then somethin like WDTV will be better although this should be enough for most people since this allows streaming from pc.So it all comes down to the price.

^ In your browser, you can go to this site called
Code:
www.google.com
, and type in what you have typed "does the new ipod touch captures still pictures". You should see some links come up. The answers.yahoo.com one (second result when I searched) is probably what you are looking for. Cheers!

Thanks but not a happy answer though:( i mean i was expecting atleast a 2mp camera but it turns out to be a .7 MP

thanks for the help bro...google and then yahoo :clap::clap:

ya doesn't seem like an IPS panel.Also apple site doesn't mention abt the contrast ratio of the screen(read not as gud as iphone4).I understand the .7 megapixel camera but was atleast hoping the same retina display that iphone 4 has.Maybe instead of making stuff thinner they should just make it better.Atleast introduce a more expensive high end 32-64 gb version with all features of iphone (incl gps and same 5Mp camera) except the ability to make calls.Now i have to get the iphone4 and the damn thing doesn't even launch in india.or wait another yr for windows 7 to mature!

Even pricing is out.

Apple (India) - Press Releases - Apple Introduces New iPod touch

The new iPod touch will be available next week for a suggested retail price of Rs. 15,400 (inc VAT***) for the 8GB model, Rs. 19,900 (inc VAT***) for the 32GB model and Rs. 25,900 (inc VAT***) for the 64GB model through Apple Authorised Resellers. iPod touch requires a Mac with a USB 2.0 port, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later and iTunes 10 or later; or a Windows PC with a USB 2.0 port and Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional (Service Pack 3) or later and iTunes 10 or later. Existing second and third generation iPod touch users can update to iOS 4.1 free of charge on September 8th to enjoy new features including Game Center.

Damn that sucks! I thought all that the display was the same. :\

It is not an IPS panel for sure - the view-ability decreases when the device is held at an angle. They seemed to have maintained the retina display factor though. :p

Back