Monitors New Dell 27" monitor

wow , this is huge . should be freaking ande very costly .
No point in getting this at 3 years warranty , only 5 years should do . Ultimate drool mall.

Wow the 2011 lineup already? Impressive! And Dell has also advertised it as an IPS panel - never seen Dell doing that before or it did not catch my eyes yet.

AT has a review already!

Gannu said:
Wow the 2011 lineup already? Impressive! And Dell has also advertised it as an IPS panel - never seen Dell doing that before or it did not catch my eyes yet.

AT has a review already!

Lol, if its good, I might go with one. I read ATs review, but to be honest, they praise pretty much every 8-bit, non-TN panel, which is kinda obvious. I'm waiting for a prad or TFT central review.

My main concern would be the tiny sized text with this resolution, meaning I'd have to sit much closer. The pixel pitch is damn fine at .233, my current vx2025wm is .258. While it's cool for desktop space, its a pain for working with excel files and word and even surfing, since you need to magnify things, and that defeats the purpose of having a high res monitor.

Another disadvantage is that this would quite simply **** my card. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GTX 285 will pant @ 2560 x 1440. Evidently 1680 x 1050 looks good with sharpness set to high, so it might be a reasonable trade-off until I can get my hands on a GTX 480 / 485. Heck, who knows, I may even buy a 5870 CF set up ;) But that's a moot point and involves me shelling out another 50K, which I don't want to do ATM. My audio setup needs some DAC love :p

Already got a quote from Dell (don't ask, PM if you want to know). If there are four to five orders, the prices may be better, but even for a single piece I got a good price. Let me know if any other guys are interested. I don't know much about arranging GOs, but I wouldn't mind being the one helping a few needy friends here.

^Vercetti, beg Dell, not God. If it's below 20K I'll take two! Psst - it ain't...not even close.

@OP:

You 'had to' start this thread. :)

Now my S2409W, looks so lame. Bored of it. (Yea, 2-3 months). This baby is tempting me now. Am assuming 30K ballpark. Though something which I want to dabble upon. How small will a 100% zoomed Word document or Excel document look. Or suppose this page. And at 2560 x 144 what will it do to our cards..gaming experience will definitely be immersive. Looks good. Nice upgrade (expensive though) to a 24". Gannu, thanks for the AT review link.

Rockfella said:
Will easily be 35k+. one can get a 32/42" LCD TV for that money.

Don't insult a 2560 x 1440 monitor by comparing it to an LCD TV.

^^The S4309 is crap. If that were 20, don't expect an IPS panel to be 30ish.
Sunny's right ;)

^^ Rakesh, 2709W is withdrawn here. No stock...

Vandal said:
You bastrad :p stop buying stuff!

SD = Rs 30? In that case 31K ain't bad :p

LOL 31k for a 27" IPS with 2560x1440 res, I guess we can always dream without limits. :p

As for reality I guess it would cost somewhere close to twice that price and just a bit below the 30 incher. The older non IPS 27 incher was around the 45k mark if that is any baseline to go by.

Rockfella said:
Will easily be 35k+. one can get a 32/42" LCD TV for that money.

Where can you get a 42" Full HD TV for anywhere near to 35k. Also comparing a LCD TV with a display like this pointless.

LG 32" is avl for 32-35k. There is no limit to what prerequisites one has while buying hardware. i was just talking mainstream stuff. ideally i wud keep a 19-22" Tn and buy a 32/42 full hd LCD TV rather than buy this 27" for 35/40k... just my opinion :)

Lord Nemesis said:
Where can you get a 42" Full HD TV for anywhere near to 35k. Also comparing a LCD TV with a display like this pointless.

Vandal said:
Don't insult a 2560 x 1440 monitor by comparing it to an LCD TV.

Vandal do you do some professional work that requires a big monitor? Sorry for the noob question, but aren't big monitors only good if you do some photo editing or something? I really don't know. :ashamed:

I run a 3008WFP and I don't do any major amount of graphics work.

I would never use a monitor with lower resolution. Ever.

Vandal - it's gonna be real small. 2560x1600 on my 30 incher gets unreadable (normal fonts) more than two feet away - and you need to be around that distance or head/eye movement is excessive, as the screen is too large to cover without moving your neck. You may have similar issues, 3 inches ain't that much smaller.

Sei said:
Vandal do you do some professional work that requires a big monitor? Sorry for the noob question, but aren't big monitors only good if you do some photo editing or something? I really don't know. :ashamed:

They are good for gaming too but only if the game supports the resolution (without which it may look stretched) and the graphics card can handle that resolution. :)

Back