New Drum and Bass/Dubstep forum :)

Its not for Drummers >_<. It is a Drum 'n' Bass community, and Reek, why only DnB/Dubstep is general electronic music discussion not allowed in there?

Cos not many people in India (I am guessing) know much about DnB.

Darthcoder said:
Cos not many people in India (I am guessing) know much about DnB.
Bukem & Calibre is about it for me. Very easy for those from other genres to appreciate, great crossover stuff and atmospheric (more bukem than calibre). Hospital's stuff was interesting in the beginning but got a bit tiring later.

I really miss bukem and wish he would restart again. Was getting a bit repetitive towards the end, but his 90s stuff is classic IMO.

^^ Huh what was I supposed to like there again? Seriously I missed it sounded like some lame remix of a pop song :p

Edit: Ok I googled for Dubset, its a sub genre with a bass punchline etc, hmmm I think Prodigy qualifies? and is leagues ahead of the link you posted, AFAIK :p

Prodigy is Breakbeat/Big beat , so is Fslim/Chemical brothers

they all tip toed with Drum and Bass, Dubstep is an offshoot of all of them with a very bad ass punk like attitude so of course liking it is highly subjective, but if you are stuck on Prodigy maybe you will like Dnb

here's a sample :- YouTube - Noisia - Alpha Centauri (Album out now)

YouTube - Empire of the Sun - We are the people (Sub Focus remix)

Go through the second one first , first one is Neurofunk Drum and Bass (which is very hard and evil)

But seriously the drop at 0.58( in the link earlier) needs good speakers/headphones to justify the bass otherwise it will sound like some cat whining

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hash said:
Well, anyone tried "Pendulum" ...? Awesome Drum n Bass Tracks.
Dont like them much, but they have wonders for the Community :)

Btw do check out my forum , its dedicated to Dnb/Dubstep culture in India &bull; Index page

If you are a DnB fan and you haven't heard of pendulum.. you really are missing out something.

If you really wanna sample pendulum's work you should try these tracks out :

1) Watercolour

2) Hold your Colour

3) Out Here

4) Streamline

5) The Fountain (Ft. Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree)

6) Different

7) Propane Nightmares

8) Plasticworld (Ft. Fats + TC)

9) Girl in the Fire.

10) Sounds of Life ( Ft. Jasmine Lee)

11) Self v/s Self (Ft. In Flames)

Back