Budget Above 25K New Phone Advice Please...Really Confused I am.

dilpreet

Disciple
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35K(Can Extend lil bit if its really worth it)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.2"-5.5", Frankly speaking i cant figure out the difference in most of the screens.All i need is minimum of Full HD resolution(I know it sound silly)

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Marshmallow and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G Minimum(Planning to go for JIO sim :)

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network.I prefer a known brand.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera,Emails,Facebook,Whatsapp(I dont do gaming and all and use the phone for general stuff)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A:I am currently using Xperia Z2 and i am damn happy with this handset.No issues since i have owned it.Loved every moment.My priority is good camera and good battery life.My current phone gives me approx 5/5+Hours SOT with 40% brightness and lasts easily for 1.5-2 days.The usage is moderate throughout.Prefer a SD card slot otherwise the current SD card will get wasted.Otherwise 64 GB will suffice for me.
Sony almost provided Vanila Andriod experience which even i prefer.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: One Plus 3(But Battery is a concern),Xperia X dual(But price is not worth i guess)

Guys need your advise please.
Today pixel pre orders have started and in the inaugural offer they are giving the exchange offer plus i am also getting the 0% EMI and Interest as well.
I currently own a xperia z2 and they are taking my phone for around 9300 which is way way more than what i am getting outside or even on any other website.The max i have seen is 4500 for my phone(Amazon.in on OP3 purchase)
So my question is should i go for this purchase.One of the motivating factors is that i am getting almost double for my old phone.
Now one can argue that for saving 4500 i am ready to spend 47000 which i understand is lil foolish but if you see the other side i am also getting the pixel 32 GB at 47000 after discount and even for a 18 month emi i am not being charged anything extra.
Another thing i wanted to ask you guys is that should i wait for the phone to be launched and reviews to come and then make a descision

Need your suggestions please.
Initially i was planning for OP3 but i have heard rumors that the production of the phone has stopped.
I am little confused
Go for cashify(previously reglobe)
Already sold three mobiles they were giving way more than what flipkart and amazon was giving
Update
Just checked the site u r getting around 5500
So definitely u are getting more in exchange here.

Last edited:
Buy Pixel if you have cash to spare.
I don't see much difference between a 18K MI5 and 57K Pixel.
Pixel has slightly better camera..that's about it.
And I don't know why would you spend much more than a Galaxy S7 (which has water resistance and equally good camera) to buy Pixel

^
Yes, good decision.
I have been using MI5 for the last week and very happy so far. Camera is much better than I expected - excellent in artificial light, good in natural light, above average is low light. I have compared with OP3 camera - both use the same senor but the jpeg algorithm is different. OP3 gives slightly brighter photos by default at the cost of slight loss in contrast. I prefer the MI5 photos in daylight. OP3 does better in low light though as it has a better noise-reduction algo. But, both cameras are very close and I would rate OP3 8.5 and MI5 * out of 10 (taking Galaxy S7 as 10/10)

What do you feel about it's build quality ?
It looks very well built and premium and way more costly than it actually costs. The curved back makes it very easy to handle one handed.
But it is very light and slippery and therefore, feels a bit delicate ..(have not found any issues with the quality though).
A cover is recommended. I am using Nilkin 0.6mm Nature TPU cover which is hardly noticeable but adds a decent grip and hopefully some protection.

Things I am happy about -
looks extremely sleek and premium
excellent and super bright screen, no problems in harsh sunlight, auto brightness works really well
very easy for one handed operation
very good camera...more than enough for FB and whatsapp. Wife happy :)
snappy performance
I loved the added features and customization offered by MIUI. Some things are a bit weird but additional functionality over stock Android is welcome.
Believe it or not, I am using the IR blaster a lot for TV/amplifier/AC etc :)

Things I do not like
Very low volume from speakers for ringing as well as music playback. High chance of missing calls at home or noisy environments.
Even sound output from earphones is very low. The sound quality is very good though.
My guess is Xiaomi has done cost cutting by providing low power amplifier.
The phone is very slippery but you can overcome it by using a cover.

Things which are just okay -
battery life. I keep 3G/WIFI/bluetooth on throughout the day. I also do streaming through bluetooth when I drive to office and back.With that, I am left with 25-30% juice when I go to bed. SOT is 3.5 hours approx. If I switch off 3G , I get 4-4.5 hrs SOT. Have to test with 4G.[DOUBLEPOST=1476456492][/DOUBLEPOST]Flipkart already giving 10% discount on Pixel phones even before launch. LOL :)

Last edited:
So Finally guys i placed an order for Moto Z play.I found the review preety Ok for my taste.For me the battery takes the highest priority and i am ready to sacrifice on the camera
The best part about the deal was that under exchange offer my xperia z2 went for 6700 which was the highest i could find anywhere
Aadding to that I used the Citi bacnk CC to get additional 2000 Off.All in all i paid 18300 approx for the phone .
I will also get 1500 Amazon GIFT COUPONS additional
All in all i would say that the final price would be around 15-16 k which i believe is good

Back