New Proc , Mobo , Ram , maybe GFX :)

SoulFire

Skilled
New Proc , Mobo , Ram , GFX + cabby :) (Major Revision)

OK soim finally fedup of Rashi jazz on replacing my mobo , my DOA P5Q Dlx board has been discontinued n they r offerin me some old repaired shyt which i disagreed to go with so ive finally decided to upgrade my setup

what i have

Corsair Vx450

C2D E6600

Patriot DDR2 800 4gb kit

8800 Gt

1x320gb

1x640gb (another one coming soon)

my trustworthy chieftech BH02BBB cabby

Dell 2007 WFP monitor

Now im looking to spend least possible stuff for my setup n get stuff that has most warranty so im insured for a while.

That said i think Rashi have given me like a 15k budget to choose an Asus board from , ive mostly zeroed in on the P7P55D Deluxe but suggestions are welcome.....

Ram - looking to get the Corsair XMS2 DDR3 1333 4gb Kit for Rs6500 coz its decent n has 10 yrs warranty means no tension at all

Proc - saw the i5 661 for Rs10400 , i5 750 for Rs10100 , i think ill pickup the i5 661 for its on 32nm and has onboard video n better performance, price seems on the higher side but ill bargain

Gfx - 8800gt in the RMA process , will look to sell that and get a 5770 for 10k ? The MSI Hawk :)

Looking to spend 32k on my new setup which could possibly have a new cabby , might not buy it if i see a huge jump in performance with the money in hand.

Looking for suggestions

I dont think anything else needs to be upgraded , i will mostly use my rig to watch HD movies , download , photoshop and the odd gaming when some really good games come out , i dont think ill need to change my PSU coz most of the stuff is energy efficient.

Please do pour out suggestions on what i could variate within this setup choice , thanks again:eek:hyeah:

The i5 661 is useful only to benchers for the most part. If you need a fast dual core chip, buy an i3 530(around 6k), a good heatsink and overclock it. Capable of hitting near the 5Ghz mark on air. =)
G.skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM(around 6k for the 2x2GB CL9 kit) in lieu of the Corsair 1333Mhz ones for overclocking.
Rest of the setup looks fine.
While you are at it, why not pick up a new cabinet? The NZXT Gamma for around 2k is an excellent choice.

Amien said:
The i5 661 is useful only to benchers for the most part. If you need a fast dual core chip, buy an i3 530(around 6k), a good heatsink and overclock it. Capable of hitting near the 5Ghz mark on air. =)
G.skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM(around 6k for the 2x2GB CL9 kit) in lieu of the Corsair 1333Mhz ones for overclocking.
Rest of the setup looks fine.
While you are at it, why not pick up a new cabinet? The NZXT Gamma for around 2k is an excellent choice.

thanks 4 ur advice ,well tbh im saving up for a wedding:p so i wudnt really spend unless needed thus not going for another cabby

well the i3 is a good choice however the mobo does not support an i3 , infact all mobos in the price range dont support an i3 so i5 is the cheapest i can go for.

welltbh i wont be OCing that much so id rather stick with the corsair no questions asked tabletop replacement of ram , however better timing on the gskill does make sense , i will enquire , i think Gskill has 5 yrs warranty which shud suffice . lemme look into that , more suggestions welcome :)

SoulFire said:
thanks 4 ur advice ,well tbh im saving up for a wedding:p so i wudnt really spend unless needed thus not going for another cabby

well the i3 is a good choice however the mobo does not support an i3 , infact all mobos in the price range dont support an i3 so i5 is the cheapest i can go for.

welltbh i wont be OCing that much so id rather stick with the corsair no questions asked tabletop replacement of ram , however better timing on the gskill does make sense , i will enquire , i think Gskill has 5 yrs warranty which shud suffice . lemme look into that , more suggestions welcome :)

i-5 661 is one big waste of money if you dont plan to O.C. Who told u P-55 mobos dont support i-3 530 :S All LGA-1156 socket mobos support i-3 530. Even the i-3 530 is 32nm fab and has IGP.

Infact the P7P55D Deluxe will not make use of the IGP of the core i-3 and core i-5 dual core proccies. Ask for a Asus P7H55D-M EVO~9k as replacement. Only H-55 and H-57 mobos make use of the IGP of the dual core 32nm core i-3 and core i-5. So if u need to utilize the IGP u have to get a H-55/H-57 mobo.

You can get a core i-5 530~5.7k and a HD5670~5.2k(almost par with 8800GT) instead of spending 10.4k on i-5 661.

DarkAngel said:
i-5 661 is one big waste of money if you dont plan to O.C. Who told u P-55 mobos dont support i-3 530 :S All LGA-1156 socket mobos support i-3 530. Even the i-3 530 is 32nm fab and has IGP.

Infact the P7P55D Deluxe will not make use of the IGP of the core i-3 and core i-5 dual core proccies. Ask for a Asus P7H55D-M EVO~9k as replacement. Only H-55 and H-57 mobos make use of the IGP of the dual core 32nm core i-3 and core i-5. So if u need to utilize the IGP u have to get a H-55/H-57 mobo.

You can get a core i-5 530~5.7k and a HD5670~5.2k(almost par with 8800GT) instead of spending 10.4k on i-5 661.

+1
Thanks Dark :)

All LGA1155/6(all core i3's, all dual core/quad core i5's and the i7 870 + a few Xeon's) are cross compatiable, but if you want to use IGP then you need to get the H55/H57 instead of the P55. Since you plan to use a separate GPU, go for the motherboard that is cheaper.

well i wont be paying anything extra for the mobo so ...... doesent matter , are H55 mobos available in Asus ? Are they better / worse ?
Edit : hows the Sabretooth 55i mobo , saw this one too.
http://in.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=RGCfyoMbpYozjuTg&templete=2

whats the performance differnce between an i3 and an i5 ? Wouldi miss something , since everyone seems to be suggesting to get the i3 , i wont really be upgrading for a while so thinking carefully n getting this done

Differences between i-5 and i-3 dual core are,

• Higher clocked than i-3. --> Not much of a difference in your case
  • Higher clocked IGP --> Doesn not matter as u are using a discrete GPU.
  • Supports a niche encryption standard --> Doesnt matter unless u run a data center with high level encryptions required i guess.

Now the similarities

• Both are 32nm fab
  • Both supports H.T
  • Both overclocks well

Conclusion:
Spending nearly 4.5k INR for the i-5 660/661 over the i-3 530 doesnt make sense in ur case(infact in 99.9% cases). Hope this helps :)

makes sense , so i3 it is :) , what about the mobo ? checking on the RAM , also now the NZXT Gamma seems tempting for the price , might switch so the PSU goes down from its top position for better cooling.

P.s. whats the cost of an NZXT M59?

NZXT Gamma has got +ve reviews and is being considered the best choice under 3k by most in TE. Chk the reviews section for detailed review.

For RAM u can get a 4GB kit Corsair XMS3 1333MHz ~ 6.2k

For Mobo get the costliest H-57 Rashi is willing to offer.:p Any H-55 mobo which is priced ~9k plus is a premium one and i guess nothing much to worry about there :)

what are my options for an H57 ? i believe only the H55 mobos are available in India

for the ram will have to compare the corsair xms 3 and the Gskill ripjaws , will check if i can squeeze a 1600 instead of a 1333 , does anyone have exact model no.s or linkys to the ram models , i believe there are a few variants

ok ive been given options from Rashi on the mobo

Asus -

P7H57D Evo

P7P55D Pro

P7P55D Evo

Chk these sites for RAM modules available in India and approximate prices in Delhi and Mumbai.
Computers Hardware, Peripherals, Cameras, Laptops, Gaming Equipment Tech Heaven, Thin client Lamington Road, Mumbai
TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce
www.smcinternational.in

Ya u can get a 1600MHz GSkill 4GB kit for ~6.6k but by defualt the i-3 530 will handle only 1333MHz. But when u O.C then the 1600Mhz comes in play.

Pick the P7H57D Evo. The H-57 is better than H-55 and also the P7H57D Evo is the costliest i guess. So go for it if they are offering it to you :)

hmm right , mobo is finalised , i could use the USB 3 and onborad gfx in times of crysis :p

now the ram, checked with Prime ABGB , they've quoted me the following on Rams
Gskill 1333 - 6750
Gskill 1600 - 7500
Corsair 1333 - 6500
Corsair 1600 - 8200

They say the prices are fluctuation thanks to the increase in duty and that these are the new prices of the new stock they have received.
Also they have quoted i3 530 @6k , 540 they claim is OOS

Gfx mostly gonna go with the 5770 1gb saphhire or the MSI Hawk

OK a Twist to the whole story , ive been suggested to get a Phenom II X2 555 and unlock it to a quad Phenom II X4 955 true quad core , get some DDr3 ram and the latest mobo which is

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Edit : the cost of the mobo is too less , anything more expensive in AMD mobo that has USB 3 ?

LOL core unlocker is listed as a feature of the mobo , will all processors of the mentioned model unlock is my question

:lol: What about energy efficiency now :p The Phenom II X4 955 has a 125w TDP.
Price of Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 ~ 9-10k right? I guess that is the costliest 890G mobo around.
Asus M4A79T-DELUX ~12-13k i guess. But go for the 890G one with USB 3.0.

555BE unlocking has a very high success rate. As high as 80-90% IIRC. Chk the Cpu/mobo corner for 555BE unlocking success/queries threads. There are quite a few there.

ok the AMD variant was too cheap a board (around 10k) so i took the refund from Rashi , am getting 12300 from them.

Looking to spend 32k on a new setup i.e. Mobo + Cpu + RAM + Gfx + cabby , could strech for a cooler if reqd.

Not looking to spend too much on a cabby, lets see how it works out now :)

Cool :) Thats a good amt :D

Proccy: Phenom II X2 555BE - 5.2k
Mobo: Gigabyte MA785GMT-USB3 - 5.8k
RAM: Corsair 4GB Kit XMS3 1333MHz - 6.5k
GFX: Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5/ MSI Hawk HD5770 1GB GDDR5 - 9.8/10.2k
Cabby: NZXT Gamma - 2k
Total: 29-30k.

Unlock the Phenom II X2 555BE to quad 955BE and be happy :D

I just read this whole thread and got so confused that all i can say is your thoughts/ideas/plans are all over the place- the pc marketplace ie. :(

well TBH i started out with something and ended up with something thanks to our good Distri Rashi. This is why i hid a bit of my original post to avoid confusion , but i think it has added to it and i should maybe open a new thread ?

As of now i have a requirement of buying new Mobo + Cpu + RAM + Gfx + cabby and looking for suggestions on that.

Budget is 32k

Looking to save money so will buy the x2 555 BE n unlock

Mobo - Narrowed down to 3

MSI 890GXM-G65

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Gfx - Looking at the 5770 or the 5830 IF the 5830 is not priced way too much.

Back