New Proc , Mobo , Ram , maybe GFX :)

nah that wont be worth it , planning on getting the AMD 940T and unlocking it to a hexa and mostly the Gigabyte board above coz of their good service.

Ram still cant decide. might mostly get the gamma n some fans.

Delayed buying by a week coz am waiting for the hexas to launch , everything should get cheaper :)

Edit : Mobo Prices

MSI 890GXM-G65 - 8300

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H - 9800

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 - 9900

Whose the distri on MSI , hows the warranty , i dont really need extra features of more ports n slots on the asus n giga n wouldnt mind to get the MSI , any word from the forum on this ?

MSI is cheaper for its a mATX board

SoulFire said:
also how about the ASROCK 890GX Extreme3
ASRock > Products > 890GX Extreme3

i believe asrock is available in India ?

Available here. Don't know about that particular board though. ASrock have some quality control issues occasionally, nothing an RMA can't fix. When they get it right though, you get 90% board for 60% of the price(compared to competitors). Remember though that ASrock is basically ASUS's foot-soldier company, so I'm guessing service will be through the same channel.

Any particular reason you want an 890 based board? The older boards will support these new processors with a simple BIOS update...

hmm so no point getting the new chipset besides sata2 , i noticed most of the features are there on the 785g usb3 , im already enroute to get a 4870 and a 4gb ocz ddr3 1600 platinum amd edition kit. Also will be getting a coolermaster 212 plus

All that remains to decide is a Cpu+Mobo an a cabby maybe , so no point really getting the 890gx ?

SoulFire said:
All that remains to decide is a Cpu(aren't you waiting for the new ones? If not, I recommend either the x2 555 BE or the x4 955 BE)+Mobo(785GMT USB3 should be all the board you need w/ USB3/SATA3 6GB/ps support) an a cabby(NZXT Gamma) maybe , so no point really getting the 890gx(Slightly better IGP?) ?

How long(if at all) do you intend to wait BTW?

i can wait, been itchin tho to setup my desktop since long but can wait. ive got 10 days anyways until my Ram arrives.

Besides i now need to look for a cabby for something between 2.5-3.5, good ventilation and screwless are the requirements. Not to mention bottom PSU mount , of course almost all new cabbys have a bottom PSU mount.

Edit - The 785G mobo u mentioned does not have sata3 , just USB3

also im still in 2 minds to get a 555be n unlock to x4 or spend some more n get the 940T n unlock to x6

P.s. Are sata 3 hdds available ?

SoulFire said:
i can wait, been itchin tho to setup my desktop since long but can wait. ive got 10 days anyways until my Ram arrives.
Besides i now need to look for a cabby for something between 2.5-3.5, good ventilation and screwless are the requirements. Not to mention bottom PSU mount , of course almost all new cabbys have a bottom PSU mount.

Edit - The 785G mobo u mentioned does not have sata3 , just USB3

also im still in 2 minds to get a 555be n unlock to x4 or spend some more n get the 940T n unlock to x6
P.s. Are sata 3 hdds available ?

XD. I can safely say you are the most confused poster on the board in a long time.
That's not necessarily a bad thing though :) . It just means you want to make a good decision.
My bad about the Sata3 support, It has an ESATA port though, I got the 2 confused XD. To answer your other questions, there are no mainstream Sata3/USB3 drives in the market as of now, so it should be irrelevant for now unless you get an SSD.

The NZXT Gamma meets all the criteria you laid out for the cabinet, and then some more. Good ventilation, bottom mounted PSU, mostly screw-less design, roomy, all black interior and only costs 2k. You simply cannot get more case for that kind of money.

I say go ahead and take the leap, especially if you are thinking of getting the 555 BE. You can wait the 10 days your RAM will take to arrive to see if anything chances within this brief period. If anything else, ask away. :)
Good luck.

hmm so no point getting the new chipset besides sata2 , i noticed most of the features are there on the 785g usb3 , im already enroute to get a 4870 and a 4gb ocz ddr3 1600 platinum amd edition kit. Also will be getting a coolermaster 212 plus

HD4870 :S In the first post you started with you want the most energy efficient components and now HD4870 :|

It consumes more power than a HD5850. The best option would be to get a Sapphire HD5770 1GB DDR5 ~ 9.8k/ MSI Hawk 1GB GDDR5 ~ 10.2k. Uber low idle power consumption and max load power consumption of just 108w. Performance wise its about ~90% of the HD4870 IIRC.

well im getting it for super cheap , so price is my first criteria.

4870 for 6.5k a month old card so :)

now is the dilemma on which case , looking for something in the 3k range , also considering a gamma + fully loaded with fans

will wait for the scene on the release of procs n see what unlocks what and price ranges , accordingly will make my decision , no point speculating now

Ok so my final rig would look like something like this
Proc - ??? x4 940t or x2 555 BE
cpu cooler - CM212+
Mobo - 785 or 89gx
Ram - 4gb ddr3 1600 OCZ platinum amd edition
Gfx - Powercolor 4870 512
HDD - 1x640gb,1x320gb , mostly another 640 would get added to the pack
Psu - Corsair Vx450
case - retain chieftec or get a gamma + fans
Display - Dell 2007WFP
Speakers - Logitech Z2300

Now im being told to reconsider the psu if i go for a x6 or a x4 955 ( a 555 be unlocked)
should this be the case , i think the psu should cut it, wondering what to do , more to add to the confusion

Update on things, ram , gfx have arrived , also managed to get a LanCool K62 cabby :p so canning the aftermarket cpu cooler for now.

What remains to be bought are the following

CPU - X6-1055 or x4 965 , leaning towards the x6 , unsure which one though

Mobo - Looking for something with USB3 (Sata 3 will be nice but optional)

Contenders

MSI 880GMA-E45 6000/-

Asus M4A88TD-M-EVO/USB-3 6500/-

Asus M4A87TD-USB-3 6000/-

Asus M4A87TD-EVO 6600/-

more suggestions ?

PSU - Planning on changing the PSU (im sure id have to in the future as the 450 just cuts it )

Corsair HX 650 - Modular and 7 yrs tension free ( Also good A.S.S.)

other recommendations ?

Ill post pics once the whole thing is complete :)

Go with the Asus M4A88TD-M-EVO/USB-3 6500/-
Its 880G/SB850. So has all the features and also the IGP could come handy sometimes.

Asus M4A87TD-USB-3 6000/- is pretty much identical except that it has a PCI-E x4 and PCI-E x1 whereas the Asus M4A88TD-M-EVO/USB-3 has 2*PCI-E x1

But try to get a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H . It has the same 4+1 phase VRM like the EVO but then Asus A.S.S is handled by Rashi and most feedbacks about it not positive.

But Gigabyte one would be pricier i guess. Also availabilty may be an issue.

The Giga is a 4+1 phase , how ever the Asus M4A87TD EVO is a 8+1 phase design

the giga is like almost 4k more , dont think its worth it .the psu and cpu is more or less frozen upon , its the mobo thats confusing

again super confused on which mobo , dont really wanna spend more than 6-6.5 on the mobo as i dont see any added features that id use in the more expensive ones , any other brands ive over looked ?

By those means only the above MSI board comes close to performance vs features vs price

The other Asus n Giga boards in my price range r mostly 880G+SB710 which doesent make sense and is as good as a 785G motherboard

Hope someone can help this confused soul

I think a 880G + SB 850 with usb3 is what im looking for , more suggestions welcome.

everybody has been saying go for only a Gigabyte board , i think id be a fool do go with Asus again , given this is prolly my last chance :p

between 6-10k what Giga boards r my choices , is the UD3 really worth the money at about 10kish ?

Will mostly buy from Rahul from Ebay so i can take the free gifts.

Also will be getting the gigabyte gm 6800 mouse , is there any decent backlit keyboard that does not break the pocket ?

SoulFire said:
LOL core unlocker is listed as a feature of the mobo , will all processors of the mentioned model unlock is my question
that is a new feature in ASUS board you can unlock the core with a single button and a reboot.... takes about 2 mins to do that... My last asus board worked for 7 years before it conked off and i have about 6 machines in my office all using gigabyte boards atm... they are both good but ASS seems to better slightly with Gigabyte, for my upcoming rig i went for Asus simply because of the features of the board if you want to go the AMD way and you are on a budget you can certainly get a X3 and unlock the last core...with there new button system it takes just a few mins to unlock the core , i am not sure if gigbyte has anything similar.

Core unlocker

is there any ATX m/b in 6k range?

my colleague wants to buy an ATX mb for his x3 435.

mb with onboard gfx., usb3 & core unlocker :D

he told his cabinet, dunno make/model, supports only ATX board.
budget 6.5k max.

if it supports ATX ... mATX should work just fine ... only a hanful cabinets support ATX xl and none the motherboards that use this standard are for AMD ... as far as i know ... there might one are two very very high end ones.

Back