New Proc , Mobo , Ram , maybe GFX :)

kolguy said:
if it supports ATX ... mATX should work just fine ... only a hanful cabinets support ATX xl and none the motherboards that use this standard are for AMD ... as far as i know ... there might one are two very very high end ones.
i meant screw holes for m-ATX :D

anyways, any ATX board with that feature set?

is this one - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 - good unlocker, OC'r...?

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
review from newegg- Newegg.com - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard
Pros: Affordable 800 series chipset from AMD. RAID, high speed memory support, USB 3.0, 6GB sata, easy to install layout, shorter than full ATX board. I was able to get my memory - Corsair DDR3 1600 running at 1800 stable 8-8-8. RAID 0 is backward compatible with ASUS M3A78 AM2+ AMD 770 ATX MB (the RAID controller gave out on this one). Works great with Win 7 64
Cons: Could not overclock Phenom x4 955 at all. I previously had it OC'd to 3.4Ghz (from 3.2) on my old MB, but I could barely get 10mhz increment with this board despite underclocking memory and other CPU links. The board would also not POST when I had a DLink DGE 560T PCI-E NIC installed in the PCIe slot. The card was working fine in my previous MB, so I'm not sure why this one didn't like it. Not a big deal with onboard NIC. I also had some issues with MBR of my RAID 0 becoming corrupted when I was testing the CPU overclock. Never had that happen before, but Win 7 won't automatically fix MBR with the repair disk. Need to boot into repair disk and use command prompt to fix it. Google for specifics, but it's not hard once you figure it out. Just annoying...

Back