New PS3 today? Current PS3 Pricecut Official!

m-jeri said:
The slim one is too damn ugly... what the heck where they doing??? :S

It's alright! The newer one lacks the glossy lustre for all the goodness - wont be a fingerprint magnet anymore! Doesn't look all that bad as it seemed to be from the pics that were out before. Engadget has some good coverage of the Gamescon!

The eject/standby button's become a physical touch-based button rather than the soft touch one as on the previous one and the PS logo beneath the BD slot won't turn anymore.

Hope the newer ones report fewer chances of getting YLOD'ed!

Meanwhile price-cuts have already reflected in the US and other countries abroad!

Newegg - PS3 80 GB core

Newegg - PS3 160GB + Uncharted bundle

how do you think the new pricing will affect the ps3 sales as compared to the xbox? what is the msrp of the cheapest xbox?

The X360 arcade is cheaper than the PS3 anyday but point is you've a much better console, Blu-ray, exclusive titles, better graphics and lesser % of YLOD'ed consoles. For the PS3 i.e. Not to mention the price-cut was the icing on the cake! Way to go Sony!

PS: We do not want a flame-war or a fanboi war here!

^^ why i asked about the cheapest xbox was because unfortunately having a the cheaper console in the market is always a plus. for eg: if the ps3 slim had a slightly stripped down version, maybe in terms of smaller hdd and say no wifi to compete with the arcade, sony would probably kicking xbox's ass. i would still buy the normal model but that lower price point would attract mny more people.

Already reflected... fat --> 19990.. i say get the fat for the price...

Wayyy better than slim..

i could have saved 5k... if waited a month...but was so impatient, the wait was unbearable.

m-jeri said:
Wayyy better than slim..

i could have saved 5k... if waited a month...but was so impatient, the wait was unbearable.

How's the phat version better than the slim? In any case there's been no mention of compatibility differences in the newer PS3 and minus the solid + glossy looks of the old PS3 I see no reason why one should opt the phat one over the new one.

^^^

Anyone with the fat ps3 will know what i mean. You dont get it doesnt mean its wrong mate. I am just talking abt looks. nothing else. and yea for 19k and 2 free games also and yea it will take 2 months for the slim to get here. and yea no linux.

and i dunno abt the HDD upgrade part...

m-jeri said:
^^^

You saw??.. i didnt see it yet..will check later...

Yep, you can upgrade the drive as evident in the unboxing pics link I provided earlier. Also the Sony PR machinery has confirmed it in its blogs and to ars technica.

m-jeri said:
You dont get it doesnt mean its wrong mate.

You've it doesn't make it any better either!

I had almost bit a deal on the older PS3 when a li'l birdie told me about the slated price-cuts due this month and the launch of the slim version. The wait was worth it!

The curvy design isn't any bad either TBH! From the leaked pics of the slim version, it looked so frikking ugly but the ones on the Engadget looks good and not as bad to my liking.

On a side note, the older PS3 retails for 300USD and so does the newer slim 120GB version. It doesn't quite cut it!

^^^

whatever...cant waste time with obstinate folks like you... get the slim its waaay better than fat..cut whatever you want...cut something more from slim too if you want... :)

Back