New PS3 today? Current PS3 Pricecut Official!

^^In case you didn't know.

ps3-slim-big-1-580x493.jpg

ps3.jpg

Like I said, they can't even be compared.

Lol and here's another one - the slim PS3 cannot be kept vertical without an extra accessory which retails for like 24USD!

Now how weird is that? How much would it take for them to keep 4 measly rubber feet? :rofl:

But yeah 60nm core to a 45nm! Lesser heat dissipation, in turn, lesser power wasted!

New PSP GO has to be connected via new propriety cable.

Sony really been smoking good stuff offlate. :mad:

btw, whats with the looks rant ...??

Put the thing in some cupboard or somewhere else.

You getting a lighter machine which ll consume less power. That shd be good enuf reason to appreciate the improvement.

Once u insert the disc, u look at the screen.. and not the console.

Its not like u playing Tekken and every now n then u look at the console and ask "How u doing Buddy"?

Nor its like ki the fat ps3 would open and let u store some chilled beer bottles so u need to have ur ps3 look slick.

they way something looks is entirely subjective,i would gladly take the slim version just because of the lower power consumption.once u put the disc in,i hardly am going to give it a second look.

^So true that, both of you guys. To each his own! It's just that the new console's delayed in India by over 2 months or rather 3! :(

Well, looks matter to me especially when it comes to electronics. I want my home appliances to look beautiful and stylish. PS3 is more then a game console anyways. Its a complete home entertainment system. If its going to sit in my drawing room next to my LCD, it better look good.

well, I own the PS3 Phat.

And though I feel that the phat looks much cooler with the glossy surface, its no big deal.

Given a choice today, when both the prices are same, I would go for the slimmer one, as it consumes lesser power and will be more reliable.

Also, if you carefully observe, the newer one doesnt have million holes like the older one, so I can leave it out, without fearing dust accumulation.

Regarding the performance, the PS2 purchased in the launch year 2000 will perform similar to the one made in 2009, simply because, the games should run on all the consoles equal and this is one of the biggest advantages of a console over a PC - The moment u enter the disc, you dont worry about frame rates, you just play!

forum67 said:
Also SLIM will contain 2.5' HDD as compared to 3.5' in fat.

Errrrm come again? It's the 2.5" HDDs (used in the laptops) on both the systems!

And yeah regarding the removal of backward compatibility on the newer PS3 - I guess someone who buys a PS3 intends to run PS3 games on it and not the games based on a previous generation console with toned-down graphics least to say. I've seen in person how games on the PS2 look on a big display so I can comment on that aspect.

Sony might have plans to put up the games on the PSN so that someone who's missed out on the previous versions of the MGS and the GOW series could download it to the console hard drive and play it off the drive. Makes sense to me.

in sony wrold they say its going to tack 6 months for ps3slim to reach india
new bundle with 2 games +80gb is going to cost 19500

^^

Come sept end or october you can get the slim in indian sony worlds for sure.

Already the PS3 fat is getting out of stocks in some cities. my spies said so.

Its such a nice offer. 20k plus 2 platinum hit games.

I got mine last month for 25k plus a AAA game. Damn you sony.

could have saved it for a wii... :(

Gannu said:
Just a heads-up!

PS3 firmware update v3.00 is out. Can be downloaded using the System Update option from the PS3 or manually from here and then updated using a USB drive.

This did not deserve a separate thread since the new firmware is not very promising going by the rumours. But in any case.

More on the features and the update here:

PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.00) Update – PlayStation.Blog

Just a heads up to people in the middle of Uncharted. There are rumors that some games are glitching with the 3.0 update. (Uncharted and Wipeout HD, I think.) Uncharted supposedly crashes every couple of levels.

It could just be internet rumors, but I am not updating till I've finished with Uncharted.

Firmware 3.0 broke my Uncharted! - NeoGAF

Back