New PSP

whatsinaname

Skilled
Hi,
Am planning to buy a new PSP this week. Any help on where to buy/what price to expect will be highly appreiated. I live in Mumbai.
Thanks

i got a PSP from heera panna last weekend for 8.8k from sriram electronics

try to get a low version firmware if you plan on custom firmware install

Dude I think u shud visit Ninja Traders in Manish Market..they have got the best deals in Mumbai....though i purchased frm my friend...but they surely have all the hardware u want....

Thanks. I also noticed on some other forum that alfa may be selling it for 8.4k. I do plan to buy a smaller firmware version (a couple of shops in heera panna had it for 8.8k, firmware 2.70 and 2.80). I was just looking for other options.
(I spent a lot on the mermoy stick already. ) So am trying to save some cash.

@nukeu666 - Do the heera-panna guys give any warranty? (Not replacement obviously, just fixing it in case something goes wrong in the first 30 days or something like that?)

Also, thanks @xXx. I called Ninja Traders adn they quoted 8.4k for a fw 2.70 PSP. Saved me about 400 bucks maybe. :p Now I just can't wait for my sandisk 4gb stick to get here.

Guys, I need details abt z PSP since I might be getting one very soon ...

Battery life - Games - Screen - The whole firmware hullabaloo ...

Battery :

Lasts anywhere from 2-8 hours. Wifi on, screen on brightest and volume on highest drain the battery a lot quicker.

Games :

Very strong. The RPG genre is more defined than on DS, has almost all the genres, with games like Mortal Kombat to Lumines to Ridge Racer and upcoming God Of War. Has plenty of ports from the PS2, and getting newer ones as well (like Manhunt 2). Good lineup for 2007.

Screen :

Its the thing the PSP sells for. I can read comics/mangas, watch videos on high resolution. The screen is brilliant. UMD movies don't sell, but each one of them looks just as good if not better than DVD on a good LCD TV.

The whole firmware stuff :

People downgrade their firmwares on the PSP to :

1. Run downloaded games.

2. Run applications like screen capture, Game Boy/Game Boy Advance/Nes/Snes/PlayStation/Saturn emulator - All of them run perfectly. The Playstation one keeps getting constant updates.

Firmwares upto 3.03 can be downgraded (but you'll need a real copy of old GTA LCS PSP game to accomplish the downgrade process). The original current firmware from Sony currently stands at 3.10.

i might plan to sell my psp firmware 1.50 or trade off with some another since i only use it for viewing movie...how much i must expect.......

assuming its mint...you can expect 7kish i guess...spin reallly wants one right now

heerapanna guys dun give any warranty...just test it at the store and thats it

get a psp with firmware lower or equal to 2.8(serial code on the box should be 'I' or lower) else ull need the gta umd

akshitmohan said:
How do I find out the firmware of a PSP when I'm at a shop getting one ?

google be...there are undreds of sits that show you how to find it out
either turn it on and check in settings
or check side of box for the single letter under the barcode, it sud be I or lower

The guide i gave you comes in handy if it's a sealed pack. You would probbly end up with a 2.60 or 2.71 vers. Get the 2.71 if you can , it can be easily downgraded or even upgraded.

Neway I got mine 2.60 ver from pallika for 8.2 k . Its' now fw 3.03 oe custom. Runs carbon ,Call of duty n all just fine!! :)

You can now update your psp to the 3.02 EA or something , it installs the latest firmware.

But the whole firmware is cracked so basically you dont need to go through homebrew's like devhook and fileloader and stuff to play the games.

Update your psp using that file, just put the ISO's into the ISO folder and run the games withouth any hassle.

I just updated my 1.50 to this and it works perfectly.

Back