New Rig - Under 42K

Saint Kopite

Recruit
1. What is your budget?

42 K.

2. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU:- Intel i5 2500K.
GPU:- Graphic Card MSI R6850 Cyclone.
KEYBOARD + MOUSE:- Logitech.
DVD BURNER:- LG.
RAM:- 4 GB.
HDD:- 500 GB.
MOTHERBOARD:- Not Decided Yet.
CABINET:- Not Decided Yet.
SMPS:- Not Decided Yet.
MONITOR:- Not Decided Yet. 22" Preferably.
3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component.

Yes, It will be my final configuration for at least two-three odd years.

4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
Also open to online purchase.

5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No.

6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Downloading rig, 24x7 operation.

7. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No.

8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

NFS, FIFA/PES.

9. Are you looking to overclock?

Yes.

10. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 - 64 Bit.
Thanks.

For your Rig I would suggest the following:

Processor: Intel i5 2500k as you said == 11.5k

Motherboard: As you are looking to overclock goM for a P67 or Z68 chipsets, preferably go for Asus or Gigabyte == around 9500 rupees

If you get a H67 chipset you will not be able to overclock

GPU: I would recommend the MSI R6850 Cyclone as I own one and is great. But see that you get the OC version[i.e. MSI R6850 Cyclone/OC]

SMPS: Go for atleast 500W as you are looking to overclock

People get ridiculously low credit note in case your card goes eol and you have to deal with rma your gpu within warranty. Keep that in mind for MSI.

allrounder799 said:
For your Rig I would suggest the following:

Processor: Intel i5 2500k as you said == 11.5k

Motherboard: As you are looking to overclock goM for a P67 or Z68 chipsets, preferably go for Asus or Gigabyte == around 9500 rupees

If you get a H67 chipset you will not be able to overclock

GPU: I would recommend the MSI R6850 Cyclone as I own one and is great. But see that you get the OC version[i.e. MSI R6850 Cyclone/OC]

SMPS: Go for atleast 500W as you are looking to overclock

As u are

i5 2400+ MSI 6850 +1920*1080

user. I will buy same stuff soon. Bro hows gaming @HD you doing with your machine.

How Games like Mafia 2, GTA4, COD, NFS, BF etc. performs @HD res.?

I get suggestions to get 560ti/6950 1GB for smooth HD gaming but these cards are out of my budget....

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have an 17'' CRT Monitor and was thinking of buying the monitor later so that I can get good Motherboard and SMPS now. In the mean time till I get the new Monitior FIFA, PES and maybe NFS would be the only games I would be playing. Do you all think I should buy the 22'' LED Monitor now or it will fine if I get it later?

@Techsavy: I have that configuration.

Well I dont play Mafia 2 or GTA4, but i have played NFS HP, COD MW2, Street Fighter IV, Portal, Sudden Attack and would like to say that Games@1080p with this config is silky smooth, I have not yet taxed it with games such as Crysis, Metro but I think it should run fine with MED setting

It should be noted that out of above games only COD MW2 and NFS HP are modern and others are mostly 2 years old. Also I am running the gfx card at stock frequency only and have not even started OC'ing it.

It has more power than I can use!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@GGT: I think not every MSI card has to rma'ed and even then if you think you are true then I accept that I am a idiot who bought MSI and love to RMA products. is that ok.

@allrouder799 :

Bro tell me one more thing --> Is Intel DH67BL-B3 mobo is good to buy coz other H67 are costly and I consulted with the dealer , he said Intel mobo takes 45 days to fix. quotes he gave me

1. Asus P8H67-V 7800

2. Asus P8H67-LE 6400

I dont wana spend more than 6k on Mobo.

Intel DH67BL-B3 is good, no problems with it

But if you have budget(can extend)I would suggest going for a Asus or Gigabyte one, I was on a strict budget so went for the Intel one

The differences between Intel and other Mobos are:

For same price range, generally Intel mobos have four RAM slots and others have two

Intel mobos don't use solid capacitors while other MB manufacturers do(which is a good thing)

others mobos have the proprietary software for their MB'S such as fan control, temp control(not much use of), also other mobos have a bios interface which resembles the modern GUI rather than old blue screen type(helpful if you are going to tinker with the bios more)

But I think these are not a deal breaker when you compare that intel mobos are avialable at lower prices(I got mine at 5320)+Four RAM slots(this was also one of the reason I choose intel over others)

Total Rs. 43,425.00

Processor Intel® Core™ i5 2400 Processor - 3.1 GHz, 6 MB Cache, Socket 1155 Rs. 9,650.00

Motherboard Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL-B3 uATX, Socket 1155 Rs. 5,200.00

Memory (RAM) Corsair RAM Desktop DDR3 4GB 1333 MHz Value Select Rs. 1,300.00

Graphics Adapter Asus ATi Radeon 6850 - 1GB DDR5 Rs. 9,925.00

Power Supply Seasonic 430W Rs. 2,650.00

Optical Drive LG DVD Writer Rs. 950.00

Hard Disk Seagate 500 GB SATA Desktop 3.5" Internal HDD Rs. 2,400.00

Input Devices Logitech® Media Desktop MK200 (Keyboard + Mice) Rs. 700.00

Cabinet Cabinet - Personal Choice - NZXT Gamma Preferred Rs. 2,000.00

Display Samsung 22" LCD Monitor : 2230 Rs. 7,650.00

Speakers Personal Choice Rs. 1000

Tried to accommodate i5 2500k but couldn't. Hope this helps. H67 Chipset does not support overclocking.

I have suggested a stock PC with no overclocking.

For this budget I do not think you can efficiently overclock unless you do a compromise on other components.

Its difficult to accommodate the config you have in mind for 42k!

Reg. GPU the Sapphire has better service and the MSI has better performance. Decide accordingly.

I would suggest the Seasonic S12II 520W ~ 3.5k. Its an excellent PSU. But if there are no service centers in your place then you can also consider the Corsair GS600~4k.

Regarding the motherboard that will let you OC can consider a Intel DP67DE ~ 5.85k. But not many review around. Recommending it since its the cheapest. Do your research.

The next cheapest option is the Aus P8P67-M ~ 8.25k

Back