NEW stuff....

Thanks everone..... what will make most of you go crazy will be the info "THAT I DONT PLAY GAMES AND I DONT RUN BENCHIES" .... so all the power of the 8800 GTS is going to be wasted in my computer .... :tongue:

Vista now shows the scores of most of my system at around 6 but my AMD 3000+ Venice scores 3.7 :(

P.S. Looks like I will have to ask my friend to enlarge his friends circle to include all you peeps as his buddies :rofl:

Quad Master said:
First when i saw the pic of the 8800 GTS i started wondering when did eazy stated to spend on GPU's.

Eazy ur a very lucky :)

Congrats on ur toys.
He HE !! .. you are right ....me and expensive GPU's dont go together ... I would rather have bought a bunch of Hitachi 500GB HDDs for the same price and lived with a 6200TC 16/128mb :eek:hyeah: (I had to use a 6200TC 16/128mb card all thru last month as my 6600GT was under RMA)

CALL ME CRAZY ... BUT..... Pictures in Photoshop and Pages in Browser really dont seem to open THAT much faster after changing from the 6200TC 16/128mb to the 8800 GTS 320mb :hap5:

Eazy said:
He HE !! .. you are right ....me and expensive GPU's dont go together ... I would rather have bought a bunch of Hitachi 500GB HDDs for the same price

EVGA 8800GTS = $287x44 = Rs. 12628
EVGA 8800GTS with Free Dark Messiah game included = $312x44 = Rs. 13728

Hitachi 500GB HDD = Rs. 8100 in India

so you could max buy 1 500GB & 1 320GB :p

Did you get Dark Messiah too?

Udit said:
EVGA 8800GTS = $287x44 = Rs. 12628
EVGA 8800GTS with Free Dark Messiah game included = $312x44 = Rs. 13728

Did you get Dark Messiah too?
YUP - got Dark Messiah with the card.

Here is a picture of the card and Heat Sink installed in my case... LOOK MA NO CPU FAN !!! .... getting "Browsing Temp" of 40C right now... I will not install the fan till I see idle temps touching 45C. On 100% CPU usage the temps touched 46C. This is good enough for me.

incase800pg2.jpg

si128nofangb3.jpg

Udit said:
what is that long black card below the eSATA cable?

Audigy 2

ANP !!! said:
so now ur all set for Crysis

.....Crysis..... What is THAT ?? ... I dont play games.... :p

TechHead said:
Do your friends want to adopt a new son?

Please take a number and stand in "Q" ..... :D

Rahul said:
congrats eazy sir :D ...... i was too expecting some storage solution from this thread :) ...... nice surprise

READ MY LIPS...... NO MORE HDDs !!!! ..... at least this year .... got too many already.... no storage space left in my cupboard for storing more storage hardware :D

Hehe, At the risk of repeating what others have already said, I was expecting Eazy showing off his latest terabyte HDD....

This came as a surprise though!

Anyd Eazy Sir, you gotta give all of us a basic photography tut one of these days....Seriously!

superczar said:
This came as a surprise though!

you gotta give all of us a basic photography tut one of these days....Seriously!

The 8800 GTS was a surprise for me too .... it has upset the well laid out interior of my case... its hitting my 120mm case fan which I attach to the HDD cage :( I lowered this fan by about one inch to avoid contact with the card and my GFX card and CPU temps shot up by 3C :O Could not live with this temp increase to the CPU so I have now attached the Panaflo fan - CPU temp has fallen from 43C to 38C. I use the Zalman fan controller and have set the fan at 1500RPM... it maxes to around 2100 RPM.

The GFX card covers up the A8N-E's chip fan and I am scared this will burn out as I have seen on many people's MoBo. So now I will have to try and get the Thermalright Chip fan HR-05 SLI..... Thermalright HR-05 SLI .... anyone donating ?

About the Photo tutorial thingy .... check what Chaos has written in the Photo thread... good info ....

so you got a nice gift.

did your friends come every year, its always nice to be in comapny of friends especially old timers.

I am sure you must have enjoyed the time.

And i know you have your tongue stuck to your house flooring whenever you see your friends photo equipments.

btw the spelling is : Leuk(a)emia : the "A" in bracket is either used or not both are same.

enjoy you stuff

Back