Newegg Shipping to India

See attachment

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433328466535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433328466535.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 378
Lucky. I did not get such warranty for my asus m4a89gtd pro mobo.
In my case I think the only thing that mattered was the RMA case number I had already generated and the warranty attached to the serial number of my graphics card.

I need to be vary of this then, before buying. RAM is not expensive and the risk can be taken if I'm delivered a faulty piece by mistake but it's different when it comes to expensive piece of hardware like MOBO.

Any details on the two shipping options
World EggSaver Standard (4-6 Business Days) and
World EggSaver Express (2-4 Business Days)

I am assuming first will be through USPS > Indiapost and second will be a courier like UPS/DHL

Can anybody who has used the service please confirm?

Newegg seems only reasonable when the Indian Local sellers have priced their showcased products quite high. Which is usually the case with brand new products which won't be readily available in India for few months.

Like right now, Primeabgb has displayed the new GTX 980Ti for 60,000 but via Amazon Global you can get it for 50,000. It's an evga card that offers global warranty but you would have to ship it to Germany if it's faulty, so as i said, that's the risk in it.

Those dates are shipping and duties, custom duties varies component wise.
No dude, that's only shipping. they include duties where applicable.
the ssd's i looked at were under 7k and so had no duties.
the video cards were gtx 970's and they had about 8k in duties and 5k in shipping costs so thats about 13k in addition to the 22k retail price.
i believe duties apply to electronics costing 12k+. at least this was the case about 3-4 years ago.

Newegg seems only reasonable when the Indian Local sellers have priced their showcased products quite high. Which is usually the case with brand new products which won't be readily available in India for few months.

Like right now, Primeabgb has displayed the new GTX 980Ti for 60,000 but via Amazon Global you can get it for 50,000. It's an evga card that offers global warranty but you would have to ship it to Germany if it's faulty, so as i said, that's the risk in it.

Its Taiwan for Asia.

buy the zotac one from primeabgb instead which is for 54k
Cheers mate. Will check it out. I'm in no rush btw.

For graphics card I will wait for E3 release and AMD's Fiji series to see what's to gain here. Earlier rumours were that it will blow GTX 980 and 980Ti. But since they didn't showcase its performance in the recent Computex, now there are rumours that Nvidia's new release of GTX 980Ti showed them that it's superior to their new series so they have delayed it further to work on their clocks and stuff. Either way I will buy a GTX 980Ti or a HBM Fiji card. Or hell if I'm under budget then i might just settle with GTX 970@900p. Not going to wait for Pascal series.

Also waiting for Broadwell series, hoping that prices for Haswell-E might drop so that i can buy 5820K or wait for their performance benchmarks but as per my guesstimation, it's mainly focused on lower TDP and nothing much. Maybe more Overclocking but I seriously doubt it would be anything earth shattering in compression with 5820K

Cheers mate. Will check it out. I'm in no rush btw.

For graphics card I will wait for E3 release and AMD's Fiji series to see what's to gain here. Earlier rumours were that it will blow GTX 980 and 980Ti. But since they didn't showcase its performance in the recent Computex, now there are rumours that Nvidia's new release of GTX 980Ti showed them that it's superior to their new series so they have delayed it further to work on their clocks and stuff. Either way I will buy a GTX 980Ti or a HBM Fiji card. Or hell if I'm under budget then i might just settle with GTX 970@900p. Not going to wait for Pascal series.

Also waiting for Broadwell series, hoping that prices for Haswell-E might drop so that i can buy 5820K or wait for their performance benchmarks but as per my guesstimation, it's mainly focused on lower TDP and nothing much. Maybe more Overclocking but I seriously doubt it would be anything earth shattering in compression with 5820K

I had a change of plans when i saw 980Ti arctic storm from zotac and hence ive cancelled the order and gone with arctic storm instead, i dont want to wait for amd series cos i will be going for the HBM 2.0 when it stabilizes, any new technology needs some sort of stabilization for like 6-9 months so early 2017 i sure will upgrade as late 2017 - early 2018 must have awesome game releases

I had a change of plans when i saw 980Ti arctic storm from zotac and hence ive cancelled the order and gone with arctic storm instead, i dont want to wait for amd series cos i will be going for the HBM 2.0 when it stabilizes, any new technology needs some sort of stabilization for like 6-9 months so early 2017 i sure will upgrade as late 2017 - early 2018 must have awesome game releases
I was just about to post the same thoughts here since last night before sleeping I read the complete and detailed Anandtech review for 980Ti and dayum....I'm impressed. It has nearly the same performance as Titan X with such a juicy price. And after reading that, I've the same opinion as you now, I will be purchasing 980Ti after 16 June once AMD unveils their HBM stuff and by that time some more aftermarket flavours will be available in 980Ti, preferably something from ASUS or Gigabyte. Only reason I might buy Fiji would be when it offers the same performance for less money, which I seriously doubt. Very good move by Nvidia.

I have been buying AMD products for quite sometime now, HD5870, HD5970, R9 280X. And I think I will go with NVIDIA now. Timing is perfect to jump ship I think. :p So will purchase a 980Ti and not worry about any graphics upgrade at least for 2 more years and by that time I will see how HBM 2.0\Pascal series have progressed.

Nvidia has reduced the price of 980 GTX by 50$ . This is to make way for the 980 Ti .
Yeah that's nice as well. Although 980Ti is only a 2-3 percent less in gaming performance in comparison to Titan X while it's 30% faster than regular 980. Since I want to maximize my gaming performance in Witcher 3 and GTA5@1440p, I will pick 980Ti. If it was 1080p then I would've picked 980.

Btw, do Indian sellers lessen the price when the manufacturer do it as well? Will the price for GTX 980 drop in India as well by 50$ = 3000 rupees approx?

Yeah that's nice as well. Although 980Ti is only a 2-3 percent less in gaming performance in comparison to Titan X while it's 30% faster than regular 980. Since I want to maximize my gaming performance in Witcher 3 and GTA5@1440p, I will pick 980Ti. If it was 1080p then I would've picked 980.

Btw, do Indian sellers lessen the price when the manufacturer do it as well? Will the price for GTX 980 drop in India as well by 50$ = 3000 rupees approx?
it will take 2 months for the prices to reflect in indian market

Hey guys,

If any one of you have ever ordered from newegg, then, are the shipping costs+other custom duties accurate, which are shown in the newegg cart? Because I'm about to order some items and the shipping costs and everything shown in the newegg cart is under my budget BUT I don't want to see these costs get doubled or something by Indian Authorities when the components arrive here.

Please anyone confirm this for me. I will appreciate it very much.

So, I ordered my RAM kit from Newegg and it arrived in Delhi and was cleared at customs without a problem but my shipment is on hold because of some Form 38 BS from the sales tax department in my state, UP.

Newegg has denied to change address to Delhi which would've resolved this. DHL has also denied to give me the package directly from their warehouse which is 1 hour away from my home and they keep asking me form 38 bs, which most likely can't be done without dealing with idiotic government officials and bribe.

I think I got screwed here and my money was wasted. Trying to resolve it somehow...will update later on...

Back