Android Nexus 5 announced - To be launched soon

Go for it and share your experience. Even I think I will get mine soon as I have pre-ordered it.

Sadly I live 350kms away .. and I should get it here this week surely :D[DOUBLEPOST=1384702660][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also can you please confirm the MRP and SP of Indian edition!
it's 1k more than play store .
Looks like every retailer is selling only 16GB now and 32GB will be sold only after the official launch on 25th.

Last edited:
Guys, Nexus 5 is available if you're from Chennai and Mumbai. If anyone wants to grab, check out LG showrooms.

I tried locally, but with no luck till now.

can you tell me where exactly in Mumbai ? and whats the final price ?
Check out your nearest Official LG showroom, and they are selling for 1k more as compared to the price on Google Play. They told my friend that Google is selling at a subsidy rate via Google play store. lol

So if you purchase the phone locally, expect it to cost 1k more than it's on Playstore i.e. Nexus 5 16gb 29,999rs and 32GB will be 33,999rs.

I got a call today from Indiatimes for the order I have placed... they said me my Nexus 5 order will be shipped tomorrow and ill receive it in 2 days..

Even I have read reports about shoddy camera quality but according to a statement by Google it's not hardware related but software related and a fix will out soon.
Also imo Nexus 5 is better choice than s4 until you buy google version of s4.

Even I have read reports about shoddy camera quality but according to a statement by Google it's not hardware related but software related and a fix will out soon.
Also imo Nexus 5 is better choice than s4 until you buy google version of s4.
Even the Google Edition of s4 isn't THAT great a buy today IMO, unless the only thing you literally want from a smartphone is a good camera. Especially when you can get faster phones at the same price.

Source for the statement?

Representatives from the Android team say that software is to blame for the weak performance, not hardware, and reps tell me that a fix is coming to deal with the issues in the upcoming weeks. I've even seen an early build of the new software, and while it's only a minor improvement — autofocus is a hair faster, but still inconsistent, and picture quality hasn't changed — it's nice to see Google already at work.

Read complete here http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/4/5062724/google-nexus-5-review

Back