Android Nexus 5 announced - To be launched soon

Guys anybody can tell me that Google Music doesn't work in India, but what if bought N5 mobile is in US and activated by my(Indian) email id and use that for an hour or so, so it will work in India too if mobile comes to India ???

Even the Google Edition of s4 isn't THAT great a buy today IMO, unless the only thing you literally want from a smartphone is a good camera. Especially when you can get faster phones at the same price.
My personal liking goes for a smartphone which is a complete package rather than something with just 3 major pros and four major cons. (Subjectively for me The Nexus 5: +Build quality +Processing power +Updates -Camera -Audio -Storagespace -Battery). I like something rather balanced with decent real-world non-enthusiast processing power, decent build, decent updates, good camera, good audio, great storage and decent battery (S4, which is quite old now). PS: Totally stating my personal opinion, and not flaming the nexus.
I feel Nexus are like iPhones, they have a great feel about them, and they are justified extremely well in terms of slickness, and phone functions with smoothness and app features.

Though the nexus 5 is an amazing phone but at 22k. When we consider a 32GB variant with Indian warranty, then the price enters the flagship-city of S4, Z1, G2, making it much less appealing to the general smartphone buyer out there. Meanwhile, still heaven for android-enthusiasts.

Here's the camera mod which is blowing a new spirit into the phone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516061

Last edited:
My personal liking goes for a smartphone which is a complete package rather than something with just 3 major pros and four major cons. (Subjectively for me The Nexus 5: +Build quality +Processing power +Updates -Camera -Audio -Storagespace -Battery). I like something rather balanced with decent real-world non-enthusiast processing power, decent build, decent updates, good camera, good audio, great storage and decent battery (S4, which is quite old now). PS: Totally stating my personal opinion, and not flaming the nexus.
I feel Nexus are like iPhones, they have a great feel about them, and they are justified extremely well in terms of slickness, and phone functions with smoothness and app features.

Though the nexus 5 is an amazing phone but at 22k. When we consider a 32GB variant with Indian warranty, then the price enters the flagship-city of S4, Z1, G2, making it much less appealing to the general smartphone buyer out there. Meanwhile, still heaven for android-enthusiasts.

Here's the camera mod which is blowing a new spirit into the phone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516061

I wasn't talking about the Nexus 5 per se but the last time I checked, the S4 was close to 40k. For that price, I'd personally get a Snapdragon 800 based phone, like the G2 or a Z1. The G2 also has the best battery out there right now, hands down. Anyway, this is just my opinion.

Yes you go for G2 right now if you have to buy something other than Nexus 5. Its kind of a complete package as you mentioned and also expected to get kitkat soon.

^^^ well said.... I was planning to switch from s3 to nexus 5, but then i figured it won't be a big update in some specs, esp battery, and decided against it.

Guys anybody can tell me that Google Music doesn't work in India, but what if bought N5 mobile is in US and activated by my(Indian) email id and use that for an hour or so, so it will work in India too if mobile comes to India ???
I am using it with my Indian email id. You can activate it even if you're in India. Just Google how to do that. I have uploaded almost 10k+ songs on Google Music and I love it.

The LG store in my block is stocking nexus 5. Just stopped by the store while way back from work and they said if booked they can deliver the phone in a day. Its the LG store near Sukhsagar in Koramangala - 5th block. Don't remember asking about 32gb version but 16 gig one is selling for 30000 INR

Back