Android Nexus 5 thread

Hi guys ,
Since it's going to be launched this month and there are no threads and discussions about it , I thought I'd create one.
I'm surely going to buy one asap. Don't know if I'll be able to buy it from the google play store or shell out extra buying it here.

Anyone else waiting for Nexus 5 ? Anyone planning to bring it from the US?

Any news on launch date guys ?

I thought it was launching on 14th this month but read it somewhere that it got delayed for this month end, it that true ?

I'd like to know, if we get from UK or somewhere else, any chance of getting it on a bit low price as a bunch?

Also, do we need to get Unlock Code from Ebay? Or Nexus comes unlocked by default?

haha .. awesome .. np as long as there is a thread for it .
How u plan on buying Sobirvs?

iShopInternational if it doesn't get a released in India ( most probably won't be released here. )

Or If they confirm that it will be released in india after a month of exclusive US launch, I wouldn't mind waiting for it. But if they say nothing , I'll buy it straight on the first day.

iShopInternational if it doesn't get a released in India ( most probably won't be released here. )

Or If they confirm that it will be released in india after a month of exclusive US launch, I wouldn't mind waiting for it. But if they say nothing , I'll buy it straight on the first day.

I read 32gb has bigger battery and costs ~500$ . That's like 35k-40k tops with wireless charger ,etc . How much would you have to pay to get it here , duties and stuff ? Any idea?

I think I'll get 16GB one. It'd be around 16k - 20k I guess. So I think max. 24 - 25k with Charges, Duties and all to get it in India. Let's see :p[DOUBLEPOST=1381997344][/DOUBLEPOST]
I read 32gb has bigger battery and costs ~500$ . That's like 35k-40k tops with wireless charger ,etc . How much would you have to pay to get it here , duties and stuff ? Any idea?

It's not $500 man, it's expected to be around $399 for 32GB and $299 for 16GB.[DOUBLEPOST=1381997419][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok I'm sorry, looks like prices have been reviewed. I was not aware about the same.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...99-nexus-4-with-lte-also-in-tow-report-432882

The rumors suggest 399$ for 16gb. I'll get the 16gb variant as I hardly used 60% of my nexus 4's 16gb. But if the rumors are to be believed that there will be 3000mAH battery on Nexus 5 32gb variant, then just for the sake of battery, I'll go with the 32gb variant :p

450$ x 61.41 = 27634 + ( shipping and duties/tax ) should be around 6000 = 33634 = totally worth it. But if the rumor of 3000mAH battery is wrong, then I'll go for 16gb variant.

500USD for nexus??? U sure... Will get the G2 then.

I know a huge fan of nexus line pricing but even if they are priced for the value same as G2, I'll still get it and not G2 just because of pure android and the first to get the updates.

What G2 gives above nexus today is - better camera, better battery, 5.2".

> for me 5.2" is anyways a turn off.
> better camera - hardly ever used my nexus 4's camera so I guess m good.
> battery - well that is the only thing I love about G2 but then again compared to nexus 5's pros , I would never go for G2 just for the battery alone.

You can tell any reasons that you dont like G2 and I will agree. Coz its for you. Personally Nexus is just an average phone that does things average(Dont tell the plain android hoopla, blazing fast response. I know that. Coz i own Nexus4). But next time I will pay a bit more money and actually get a proper flagship.

Dunno why, I am tired of this hardware increments. This time around for s4 atleast, IMO, they actually did some software "gimmicks". I want more phones like that. Properly use the hardware. Even Moto X is better than Nexus 4.

I thought 16GB will cost $299 :(
Need to work out on the costs :(

It's just a rumor mate, 16gb can very well be for 299$ ;) cheer up.

Dunno why, I am tired of this hardware increments. This time around for s4 atleast, IMO, they actually did some software "gimmicks". I want more phones like that. Properly use the hardware. Even Moto X is better than Nexus 4.

Not completely but yes, MotoX is an awesome phone. btw what you like of s4 ? the air gestures? lol that's just 2 day fun dude. You won't do that inpublic would you? that will look like plain stupid. Atleast nexus phones doesn't cheat like phone's of samsung's like note3/s4 which are optimzed to cheat on benchmarks. Properly used hardware btw? you seriously replying me with that? you do know that s4 has an octa core processor but it can't use all the cores at a time? so much for putting an octa core in s4 and future updates won't help with it too. The new exynos processor is built in such a way that it will use all the cores but it is yet to be seen or benchmarked and samsung has said they won't provide a software update for s4 which can do the same thing as the new processor which is rumored to be put on s5.

Back