Nexus 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea. Cool device and great pricing. Just hoping they launch it officially in India too.

$25 free credit to use on Google play as well, on purchasing Nexus 7.

It should launch hopefully, they said that countries like Brazil and India have been good to android. Plus i think i saw Hindi somewhere.
If Asus gets it for under 15k i will buy this.

Yes Hindi language has been added for voice dictation i guess. Also that ball like media streamer Q is expensive at 300$ and probably because it is "Made in USA"
The specs of the tablet looks quiet good though.

Yes Hindi language has been added for voice dictation i guess. Also that ball like media streamer Q is expensive at 300$ and probably because it is "Made in USA"
The specs of the tablet looks quiet good though.
Hindi language is for UI not for offline dictation
Voice Dictation only supports US English as of now

If it was made by Samsung it would've surely come but Asus is a completely different company. They might not release it here if it doesn't suit them.

Let it first release guys and then lets contemplate. Else its a waste of time. I am worried since Google phones were never officially launched in India.

Let it first release guys and then lets contemplate. Else its a waste of time. I am worried since Google phones were never officially launched in India.
Even though I agree with you there is a small difference nexus phone was PREMIUM :) this one's more aimed at middle class for which India is a surefire market

I just read somewhere, the 8GB variant comes with only 5.6GB usable storage and there's no microSD. That makes us to reconsider, 16GB will be best buy then.

I just read somewhere, the 8GB variant comes with only 5.6GB usable storage and there's no microSD. That makes us to reconsider, 16GB will be best buy then.
It supports USB OTG. However, mounting array has not been natively included(i.e. keyboard, mice work but not USB drives) but we are away from external storage support by a single custom rom. :)
A very good device at that pricepoint.

The Hardware is capable of USB OTG. Recent versions of Android (ICS, HC and JB now) doesn't support mounting native devices but we can make it work easily after placing USB OTG drivers. So that won't be a problem I guess. Wait for some ROM Chefs / Developers to include USB OTG functionality and I am sure they will do it ASAP :D

I had a personal look at the device today. Build quality is not the best, but pretty good for a $199 device. It is a great 7" tablet if had not been so crippled due to lack of memory card slot.

I had a personal look at the device today. Build quality is not the best, but pretty good for a $199 device. It is a great 7" tablet if had not been so crippled due to lack of memory card slot.

Is it really more fluid in user interaction due to "butter" in there.

Its probably being sold through grey channels. And $200 in today's rate is over 11k. Now way was this ever gonna be sold less thanks 13-14k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back