NFS Carbon Drift thread

snakebite said:
how to hold high speeds.

This is the biggest issue i am facing on GVR. :eek:hyeah:

Fortuna Heights is the most toughest track to crack i feel.

Mugen_Power said:
Offtopic..

When i connect Xbox controller to Pc and start the carbon or cricket sounds gone.

Is there any settings ?

Nothing like this happens on my comp.

oki, thrz a small trick to maintain high speeds while driftin, " do not slide the car too much in the begining, for example in fortuna heights, if u get a perfect run up from the back, u'll reach 175 - 180 mph by the first corner ( with the palmont pd 1 ),then jus slide a bit, u'll get low points initially but the main thing is that the speed will be maintained and once u get the speed for a second or two its a cakewalk from then on, jus keep sliding depending on your control and whenever u see a straight, use nos to gain some speed and jus slide a little not too much or else u'll loose the speed gained by using NOS..

This works for every car and every track, 15 mil + scores are possible on fortuna heights, if u drive conservatively, its a test of patience coz u need to drift for almost 14 miles :O, u need to be very very careful not to hit the wall, which i manage to do most of the time :p.

Personally i prefer the canyons over the circuit drift tracks, canyons are much more fun :D !

PS: some guy got 10 mil on knife's edge :mad:, i can get that score, but i'm hardly getting any time to play :(, i tried a few times and screwed up many 450 k + runs :mad: :mad: :mad: ( 450k = 450k * 20 = 9 mil + runs, for those who dont kno :p )

tifo said:
oki, thrz a small trick to maintain high speeds while driftin, " do not slide the car too much in the begining, for example in fortuna heights, if u get a perfect run up from the back, u'll reach 175 - 180 mph by the first corner ( with the palmont pd 1 ),then jus slide a bit, u'll get low points initially but the main thing is that the speed will be maintained and once u get the speed for a second or two its a cakewalk from then on, jus keep sliding depending on your control and whenever u see a straight, use nos to gain some speed and jus slide a little not too much or else u'll loose the speed gained by using NOS..

Hoping this will help me , but in GVR intially theres a big turn where i have to
release the accel to get that turn perfectly and so i loose speed.

will try to implement this while racing next time on GVR.

play around with the throttle, dont let go of it completely, thats what i do, i let go of it for a bit and then get back to full throttle..

Got some time today to drift, and made a new personal high score:

8mil1tu2.png

I do use those drivers !

if u want help with the settings for the gamepad, then Arun is the guy who can help u out !, he helped me out :)

Whats the deadzone ????

Is there any advantage of using the XBCD drivers over the normal drivers.

EDIT:

Read a few things about deadzone problem here

- Matt Brett » Xbox 360 Controller For Windows: Review

- Matt Brett » Configuring Your Xbox 360 Controller For Windows

- GameSpot Forums - Need for Speed Most Wanted - xbox 360 controll problem

They are using Pinnacle Game Profiler as a solution.

Link:- Add gamepad / joystick support to any game - Pinnacle Game Profiler

XBCD Drivers

XBCD - XBox Controller Driver Forum -> Xbcd 360 Full Install Drivers

Whats are u guys using to fix this deadzone

I already read all those pages :p

and tifo, my problem is that i'm not even able to get the drivers to work with my controller. the install runs fine, but when I replug the controller windows automatically installs its own drivers and it won't let me use the XBCD ones. :(

Back