Audio Nice IEM or Headphone (preferably iem) under 4k - Urgent

Go for the BRAINWAVZ M3 then, #[member='PristineNote'] has ready stocks for the same, contact them and initiate the dealings.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

nah !! being honest .. i talked to my mum for the cash and she suggested since i'm totally new to the iem things . i should begin with something small then i shud go higher.

SO FINAL M2 .. may be they'll turn up to be one of the worth to wait things ..

We do have Brainwavz M3 in ready stock but I guess Vivek is waiting for the M2 to arrive.

HEy you've owned such a huge store for so many years.. you should tell kids when their candy is arriving
<
<
<
<

i've put up a new sale thread for my newly purchased j.fi earphone in the headphones section; imo this earphone is definitely better than m2(owned and sold it here @TE couple years back) when it comes to hip hop / rnb / trance etc but sometimes m2 is better in the rock/metal genre (can't say for sure as i can't test them side by side); selling it cos of fit issues and i don't listen to hip hop and stuffs..let me know if you are interested and haven't ordered the m2/m3 yet
<

guys also the player i'll use is a sony walkman player . It says Maximum Power Output 16 ohms/

mW) 5+5mW . So will it be able to power up the m2s adequately . ???

guys also the player i'll use is a sony walkman player . It says Maximum Power Output 16 ohms/

mW) 5+5mW . So will it be able to power up the m2s adequately . ???

It will be a bit lower on the volume scale of things, but on the whole should be able to run the M2's just fine.

ok!!

i've put up a new sale thread for my newly purchased j.fi earphone in the headphones section; imo this earphone is definitely better than m2(owned and sold it here @TE couple years back) when it comes to hip hop / rnb / trance etc but sometimes m2 is better in the rock/metal genre (can't say for sure as i can't test them side by side); selling it cos of fit issues and i don't listen to hip hop and stuffs..let me know if you are interested and haven't ordered the m2/m3 yet
happy55.gif

sory buddy but not interested in buying old stuff !
<

FaH33M or eSanthosh or someone else should do a review on the TekFusion TwinWoofers. Are they really that good on bass?

What are the best bassy/boomy IEMs in both 1,500/- and 4,000/- ranges?

Are the M4 the best in bass?

Are the SoundMagic PL-21 good IEMs to start with if someone likes rich and pleasing bass?

May be I should have started a new thread for this but I also wanted to know about the Brainwavz talked about so much on this thread.

Kind Regards,

Casper

FaH33M or eSanthosh or someone else should do a review on the TekFusion TwinWoofers. Are they really that good on bass?

What are the best bassy/boomy IEMs in both 1,500/- and 4,000/- ranges?

Are the M4 the best in bass?

Cannot comment as have never experienced them, as well as I am not a very bass loving listener I like middling to slightly recessed but detailed bass [using a BRAINWAVZ M1 as of now and it is good for me]. Most people [as far as I have noticed] recommend the M2 variants as the bass heads delight under ~4000/- price-band.

Are the SoundMagic PL-21 good IEMs to start with if someone likes rich and pleasing bass?

In my views yes, though different people have a different perception of bass. So some might like it whilst the rest might loath it outright. My first listening experience with the PL-21 were Lamb of God -- Laid to Rest and the bass was so well done [for me at that time bass = EP 630] and the detailing so good [picking individual beats in a blast beat sequence] was aural nirvana. I had bought the same [PL-21] for a friend for his birthday present.

I myself used a PL-30 for ~8 months before it took off and found its bass muted compared to the PL-21 but the detailing of the overall sound was better than the former.

My PL-30's were replaced by my current M1's and I am very very happy with these, they carry a more technical interpretation of music [atleast to my ears] and currently they reign supreme for me. Although due to their high impedance they need a powerful source and now something has gone kaput and the volume has all but trailed off below a certain cut off [so need to RMA these].

May be I should have started a new thread for this but I also wanted to know about the Brainwavz talked about so much on this thread.

Not an issue on this count as OP's purpose has been served, but please refrain from doing this on other active threads, take permission from the OP before such intrusions.

Hello Casper^ well to tag people in a post [I am sure you wanted to contact FaH33m and esanthosh], place a # in front of their tags, e.g., #[member='casper^'] and #[member='FaH33m'], #[member='esanthosh'].

Hope this answers your queries, Cheers!!

#[member='casper^']

I am interested in TW as it comes from an Indian company and the price point is very good. Considering that lot of questions in Audio Zone are about IEMs within Rs. 2000, it might be worth checking out. However, I don't have anything to compare it to, without which a review won't feel complete. If somebody can loan me Tekfusion TW / PL11 / PL21, it would be nice considering that PL11/PL21 has been the de facto recommendation under 1000. I can buy them myself, but I am not that much interested in adding more IEMs to the inventory. But, I am thinking about it though...

I think it'd be fair to compare TW to PL21 or even IEMs like SoundMagic E10, Dunu Trident, Xeport 5010-8 - because they are not that far apart in terms of price ($15-35) and mostly known for bass heavy signatures. In terms of Joker's SQ score, I'd expect TW to slot in somewhere between 4 and 6 and not much more unless it's really good. I consider M2 to be in the next price range ($40-60) as well as a little upwards in terms of SQ score (7.x).

Can you do a short comparison of TW and M2?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Are the SoundMagic PL-21 good IEMs to start with if someone likes rich and pleasing bass?[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In my views yes, though different people have a different perception of bass. So some might like it whilst the rest might loath it outright. My first listening experience with the PL-21 were Lamb of God -- Laid to Rest and the bass was so well done [for me at that time bass = EP 630] and the detailing so good [picking individual beats in a blast beat sequence] was aural nirvana. I had bought the same [PL-21] for a friend for his birthday present. [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I myself used a PL-30 for ~8 months before it took off and found its bass muted compared to the PL-21 but the detailing of the overall sound was better than the former.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My PL-30's were replaced by my current M1's and I am very very happy with these, they carry a more technical interpretation of music [atleast to my ears] and currently they reign supreme for me. Although due to their high impedance they need a powerful source and now something has gone kaput and the volume has all but trailed off below a certain cut off [so need to RMA these].[/font]

At this time for me bass in IEMs mean the bundled earbuds that came with the Sansa ClipZ ... LoL but I feel they do sound better than the bundled earbuds that came with my JXD PMP. Bass is also nice, a little lesser than my Rs. 500 headphones. The only problem is that the left one seems to fall out every few minutes. I'm sure I'll like the bass on the PL-21s then. Thanks for your details reply.

I am interested in TW as it comes from an Indian company and the price point is very good. Considering that lot of questions in Audio Zone are about IEMs within Rs. 2000, it might be worth checking out. However, I don't have anything to compare it to, without which a review won't feel complete. If somebody can loan me Tekfusion TW / PL11 / PL21, it would be nice considering that PL11/PL21 has been the de facto recommendation under 1000. I can buy them myself, but I am not that much interested in adding more IEMs to the inventory. But, I am thinking about it though...

I'm thinking to get both - the PL-21 and the Twinwoofers so may be I can get them shipped to you directly and after a week of use, you can courier them back to me. This way, I'd also be saved from the trouble of burnin them. But if FaH33M lives in Mumbai, it may be better to send them to him instead. I forgot where he lives. I'll PM you when I'm about to buy them in a few days.

#[member='esanthosh']

Well i ordered it after my yr old M2 went kaput.

Was pretty curious to see what it could do since it was named twinwoofer but i think i expected too much at this price range.

I plugged it in and listened to one of my favorites and instantly gave em away to a frnd who needed earphones at work.

I didnt like it at all, it sounded completely flat, that is all that i remember, doesnt even deserve to be compared with the M2.

#[member='esanthosh']

Well i ordered it after my yr old M2 went kaput.

Was pretty curious to see what it could do since it was named twinwoofer but i think i expected too much at this price range.

I plugged it in and listened to one of my favorites and instantly gave em away to a frnd who needed earphones at work.

I didnt like it at all, it sounded completely flat, that is all that i remember, doesnt even deserve to be compared with the M2.

hi . how would you rate them compared to the pl 30? do you feel the sound is not as open as one would like and positioning precision not accurate enough? i am looking for something that sounds open and well spaced out and has half decent sound stage ! any suggestions #esanthosh #casper^

I havent owned Soundmagic products so i can't compare.

IIRC they are like an expensive EP630 in disguise with lesser bass.

ahh....that does it for me ! have to look elsewhere !

i wonder how people have rated it so high like its some westone product

I guess that most of the people buying it from flipkart use it with their mobile phones and most of them aren't audiophiles and haven't experienced great sounding IEMs. may be these are their first IEMs ... and for them they sound great just like my Sansa ClipZ bundled earbuds sounded great to me
happy19.gif

#[member='psyph3r']

Your M2 are useless now in just after an year?! I was thinking of getting these too sometime later but I'll keep away now. Which IEMs are you using now that you gave away the twinwoofers and the M2 broken?

I've also heard a lot about the Sennheiser CX-300 being great on the bass front, but many people also advise to not try them as the first IEM. Also, this brand has a lot of fakes.

I'm not looking for the best bassy IEMs but decent amount of bass which pleases the soul. The PL-21 are surely on my list and would become my backup IEM if i go for a better one later.

My M2's work ok but there is disturbance in the left side sometimes and on the other pair the left side is completely off.

This is probably a problem in the cable near the drivers. I was thinking of attaching the two rights to make a pair.

I might just do that but i am not getting any time, so i ordered the M4 from mp4nation earlier today.

I ll post impressions here when they arrive.

Back