Camera Nikon D5100 Announced

dOm1naTOr said:
But is it really that great of a deal, when 550D is at 34k with 18-55 Kit lens and Canon India warranty ?
The price quoted is the MRP. Expect the camera to sell for lesser, as is the case for all cameras!

adder said:
But the NEX VG10 which uses contrast detection AF has the same sensor found in A560 DSLR , NEX3/5 ,SLT A33 ,but this one shoots videos for hrs and has no heating issue.
The sensor found in the A33 and A55 is not exactly the same as the one found on the A560 as it needs to compensate for the fixed mirror. So the sensor gains up so that the shutter speeds would be the same as that found on a standard DSLR with a moveable mirror.

This feature taxes the sensor leading to reduced high ISO performance (still very good but noticeably worse than the A560/A580 performance). This leads to higher heat due to the gain up resulting in overheating problems.

In the film days a camera using a fixed mirror has much lower shutter speeds than a SLR having a moving mirror as the fixed mirror blocks 33% of the light from hitting the sensor.

Being sold for Rs.38,000 (with AF-S 18-55mm VR Kit Lens)

Freebees: D-SLR Bag & 4GB SD Card

in DLF City Center (Opp. Metropolitan), Gurgaon.

Any better offers ?

I got the D3100 just a couple of weeks back, dint know that D5100 is launching else would have waited for the same. BTW, I was really really surprised to see the price slash on Canon 550D, from 43k+ to straight 32kish, its a pity because I left that model out due to low budget.

:(

Same here :(
simforgotten said:
I got the D3100 just a couple of weeks back, dint know that D5100 is launching else would have waited for the same. BTW, I was really really surprised to see the price slash on Canon 550D, from 43k+ to straight 32kish, its a pity because I left that model out due to low budget.

simforgotten said:

550D still retails for $899 at amazon, where is it avaliable for Rs. 32k? Also, any idea on the current price of a D5000?
D5000's price is climbing here.

mgdelhi said:
In fact, apply ICICILB and it is Rs.30,285/-. :)
Does it need to have ICICI card or something ? Can I apply this coupon and make payment through HDFC ? or

Can I order with "cash on delivery" option with this coupon ?

You can try. Read it on the forum itself that they are doing COD for Icici coupon also.

BTW, D5100 is also listed on letsbuy.com for 40k.

Got my D5100 today. Called the seller. He said it is ready for dispatch, I told him not to ship I will collect in personally. Went to CP. Picked it. Also bought MARUMI filter.

First impression. WOW. :)

Back