Nivyah Broadband plans

Yep... I thought it was pretty good. :( Guess when they say its too good to be true, its not true....

But I wont let go off so easily, have their office addy etc...

Well I called them again to apply for the connection as I'm nearing the expiry date of my current ISP, and guess what, now they say it's not available in my area, after being assured on 3 different occasions that it is available. Thank god they didn't come and take cheque and docs. They've taken my number and said they'll contact me as soon as they'll get a tie up with my cable operator. I was very much expecting this as SSV cable has a monopoly in my area and they're not going to let anyone else penetrate when they have their own ISP running. :mad:

arun687 said:
Well I called them again to apply for the connection as I'm nearing the expiry date of my current ISP, and guess what, now they say it's not available in my area, after being assured on 3 different occasions that it is available. Thank god they didn't come and take cheque and docs. They've taken my number and said they'll contact me as soon as they'll get a tie up with my cable operator. I was very much expecting this as SSV cable has a monopoly in my area and they're not going to let anyone else penetrate when they have their own ISP running. :mad:
be postive :hap2:

it might be a case of local isps not co-operating to give at low price else a complete scam!!!

all i know is that i m using bb from nivyah thru local isp at 1024 for 1 mbps ...any another good rates in powai pls list

mental2010 said:
it might be a case of local isps not co-operating to give at low price else a complete scam!!!

all i know is that i m using bb from nivyah thru local isp at 1024 for 1 mbps ...any another good rates in powai pls list

1024:O Isnt it just 529 for 1mbps plan:S

Frankly, I'm getting the feeling that local ISP's are out to make a quick buck by ripping off Nivyah customers. Local cable operators have tried to pull this one on me numerous times by claiming extra charges to be paid as "Tax" etc etc etc.

It's best to not go along with any cablewallah asking for extra cash.

all cable operators will charge atleast 20-35% on top of the prices mentioned at the nivyah website. its always been like this. i have been using exatt for around 4years & there are 3-4 diff isp's that provide it & they too charge 33% on top off the price mentioned.

with that said i am ready to pay 30-40% more on 1000rs for a 2mb / 4mb connection. it still less than half of what others charge.

but i havent heard from those guys yet. so i doubt i would be getting the connection.

Well the guy landed at my place today morning I told him about the extra charges the cable guys take so he called up his boss,spoke to him about various complaints of extra charges taken by the cable guys so the response we will give you some kind of receipt about the payment you can show this to the cable guy and still if he doesn't comply you can call us.The trouble solid snake(broadbandforum member) had with getting in touch with Head operations office I was not sure so decided to wait for a month and then think about it.

Hello everyone,

I had similar experience with nivyah. I called them on 1st october 2009 and had them explain the details to me. I also read the schemes on sites and had asked them if these were all the charges or if there were any other charges since the scheme looked too good to be true.

I told them to send an executive and they said he would come in 2-3 days. As expected, he never turned up. I waited for another 2 days because i thought that he might turn up. But he never did, so i called them back again and it took another 2 phone calls and a total of 15 days for him to be at my place.

Now i got the order form filled at 15th october and he said that it would take 7 working days to get the installation and internet working. Now since diwali was on 17 and a lot of holidays after that (sunday,new year) etc. i waited for 8 days (excluding holidays) before i called the sales department. But the response i got is that they are not handling the matter since they are contracted to just explain about the nivyah broadband rates, schemes and such.

Now the department asked me to call the main office at Bandra about the problem of non connection. I tried calling the main office number (3249200) but the phone call is never picked up, no matter at what time you call. I think it depends on their mood if they want to pick it up or not. After constantly trying to reach them for 2 days i got my phone picked on the 3rd day.

Now since i am already addicted to Nivyah's suprises, i was surely expecting another one and guess what!? i got another one. The person on listening my problem said that the other department that handles this has got a problem with their phone line so please give me your number and we will call you later.

I gave them my name and number. Now anyways, i had become an experienced person (from Nivyah's tactics and attitude) and therefore wasn't expecting them to call me up. I was correct. They never called and i was again calling them the other day. I got my phone call picked up again (i was suprised) but it was the same thing. They again told me to give me my name and number and i was assured that i would get a call later. Again no call.

I am already on my was to knowing the status of my check and then thinking on what to do if its not been encashed. Also thinking on what options that i have if the check has already encashed (consumer court, no?!)

Since a lot of members here have got their connection and because of these 'too good to be true deals' i am still tempted to hang on to the hope that i will get a connection.

I also talked to my cable operator and he says that he has tie-up with Nivyah so i know atleast that the company is existent. Also planning a visit to Bandra office to know whats the hold up.

Anyone else who is applying for Nivyah, i would kindly request you to consider the examples and problems that i have gone through before you establish a relation with such a company.

Regards
striker

Aces170 said:
Been 7 days since my payment too, but they said 10 days to me lets see before I decide on other options.

At what time do you call Nivyah's office?

I never get to talk to anyone responsible enough to solve my problem...instead i am always told that someone will call you back later...and as usual the call is never made! :mad:

Back