(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean i'm selling refurbished 2nd-3rd gen laptops with 4gb ram 320gb hdd for 13-14k
If you have got them sold then you're either just lucky or the buyers didn't have any other option and were just desperate. Laptops are cheap nowadays.

If you have got them sold then you're either just lucky or the buyers didn't have any other option and were just desperate. Laptops are cheap nowadays.
So you think 15K is okay for i5 6th gen 8 gigs of RAM and 256GB flash storage ?

So you think 15K is okay for i5 6th gen 8 gigs of RAM and 256GB flash storage ?
The case here is different. This one is relatively newer. And isn't that an SSD? Not to forget RAM prices right. Keeping all that in mind I *think* it could be worth at least 19-20k assuming the condition is very good/mint. 15k is definitely low imo.

Only way OP will know if to put it up for sale. I know 256gb ssd's resale value is in 3.5k - 4k range for commercial drives without warranty and for oem drives it would be under 3.5k. But again depends how urgently the buyer requires you can quote higher. For 6.1k you get a new samsung 860 pro 256gb.

Ram prices are high yes but the 2nd hand market works a little bit differently for resale ram's, For oem 4gb stick you can get upto 1.1-1.2k. for 8gb stick oem one's buyer dont offer over 2.2-2.4k even if you say its a new stick for DDR3. DDR4 old sticks with warranty are going for 3.5-3.8k for 8gb one's. 16gb you can get upto 8k.

All of the above is my experience based on my trades in past few months.

Agreed for specs but no value added for FHD screen (manufacturers here blatantly sell mediocre 720p displays on laptop ) and laptop being 7000 series offer better than average build quality ?

A lower end old lappy goes for 13k . but a good one with touch screen 8gb ddr4 256 m2 ssd can sell for 15k. I find that funny.

A lower end old lappy goes for 13k . but a good one with touch screen 8gb ddr4 256 m2 ssd can sell for 15k. I find that funny.
I wonder why you making such a big issue of it. Anybody can quote anything that doesn't mean it's a thumb rule or some auction and you have to sell at that price.
If you get customer for 25 odd k then good for you but just coz somebody took random internet pricing and posted doesn't mean its right or wrong. Not justifying anyone not interested but you too should take it lightly rather than making an issue here. Its your stuff sell it or put it on sale for your price.

Off your topic couple of weeks back saw Dell Inspiron 5500u i7 touchscreen 16gb ram+ssd laptop for just 26k on chennai olx. It got sold in no time when called the seller else brother wanted it shipped ti nashik.

Also used stuff not gonna fetch you any good even if its just few months old. And a new 8gb ddr3 laptop ram wont cost over 5k so forget you getting 6k for used 8gb. If you find a bakra for loose parts sell everything in loose.
Lots of threads are opened and stuff is still unsold coz of unrealistic price expectations.

Not making an issue out of nothing. An old 2 or 3d gen gets offered for 13 k and 6th gen with better specs and hardware gets 2k higher.
That's the point.
I wonder why you making such a big issue of it. Anybody can quote anything that doesn't mean it's a thumb rule or some auction and you have to sell at that price.
If you get customer for 25 odd k then good for you but just coz somebody took random internet pricing and posted doesn't mean its right or wrong. Not justifying anyone not interested but you too should take it lightly rather than making an issue here. Its your stuff sell it or put it on sale for your price.

Off your topic couple of weeks back saw Dell Inspiron 5500u i7 touchscreen 16gb ram+ssd laptop for just 26k on chennai olx. It got sold in no time when called the seller else brother wanted it shipped ti nashik.

Also used stuff not gonna fetch you any good even if its just few months old. And a new 8gb ddr3 laptop ram wont cost over 5k so forget you getting 6k for used 8gb. If you find a bakra for loose parts sell everything in loose.
Lots of threads are opened and stuff is still unsold coz of unrealistic price expectations.

That price has to be a joke.. i mean i'm selling refurbished 2nd-3rd gen laptops with 4gb ram 320gb hdd for 13-14k this is a 6th gen i5 with 8 gb and a 250 ssd.. it will definitely fetch u a lot more @chetansha
Rofl at that!:D:p
Dude i gave best deal to my office colleague on used 2nd gen i7 for as low as 11.5k in mint condition. Still have i5 2nd gen hp elitebook for 10k if you need.
Now dont compare i7 for 11.5 and this i5 for 10k and quoting 7k for i5.
Both sellers are different and their situations as well.

To add, a regularly upgrading person least bothers much about how much he exactly gets and is ok with even 3-4k here and there bargain.

So if you selling x item for 10k and me selling it for 7k doesn't make anyone of us clever or fool.

actually 2nd hand lappy market is like that. Only people who know what they are buying will agree to pay more. for rest its a laptop with i5 processor and ssd!! Olx is the last place you will find good buyers. You can probably make a thread on forum and see of there is anyone interested in buying one.

And we are all back to square one. Of course the best way to know is to sell at our original pricing which we have in mind. If deal goes through then good. If not then something needs to be changed.
Also this is just a "suggestion" thread, no one is forced to sell something at the said suggested prices here.

Omg!! What a debate:wtf:. Hilarious. :p
Never knew someone quoting a price will result in such a flamed discussion.
What to say!! EOD its sellers call. If a seller even wants to sell at the original price as well its his choice. There no question of stupidity and logic. But some sense is expected.

In the end a smart and intelligent buyer will always bargain for the best. :cool: And as someone pointed this is just a suggestion thread. Not the final item value nailing down trading biz.

Omg!! What a debate:wtf:. Hilarious. [emoji14]
Never knew someone quoting a price will result in such a flamed discussion.
What to say!! EOD its sellers call. If a seller even wants to sell at the original price as well its his choice. There no question of stupidity and logic. But some sense is expected.

In the end a smart and intelligent buyer will always bargain for the best. :cool: And as someone pointed this is just a suggestion thread. Not the final item value nailing down trading biz.
Some common sense and awareness is expected too.
Sony old model 13 k
Dell newer model 15k
[emoji16]

Some common sense and awareness is expected too.
Sony old model 13 k
Dell newer model 15k
[emoji16]
I dont know in what sense you took that pretty word. I could have even quoted Rs 15 if ever found one for that price on olx quikr or anywhere else. Or 30k and then you would have praised all over with tight collar etc. Its all gamble anyways. You decide if you wanna sell at par, premium or discount!!

I think debating on someone's quote is baseless here. Nobody is getting paid to give advise to a question you ask. This is like criticizing someone doing social work!!! If you are intelligent enough to know everything about pricing there is no reason to post and ask for advise here.

Its not criticism. Its skewed logic that's being discussed here. If you take that as criticism then so be it.
I think debating on someone's quote is baseless here. Nobody is getting paid to give advise to a question you ask. This is like criticizing someone doing social work!!! If you are intelligent enough to know everything about pricing there is no reason to post and ask for advise here.

That was not personally targeted at you however since you have pointed this is not a thread to discuss on skewed logic. People ask for advise they get advise. If you dont like the advise you should make a thread on lounge rather then discussing it here.

The way you put it was certainly tragetted message.
That was not personally targeted at you however since you have pointed this is not a thread to discuss on skewed logic. People ask for advise they get advise. If you dont like the advise you should make a thread on lounge rather then discussing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back