(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"... but that's just India tech."

at that price point a new RTX 3060 Ti looks more sensible for a few more bucks.
Nope, even after 3070's release 2080ti's are selling for same or more throughout the world on second hand market. Tech doesn't mean that older generation becomes obsolete instantly or else there would be no games or other apps supporting older GPUs. I get that there is a feeling of buying a new hardware that you won't get while purchasing used stuff but anyone who thinks 3060ti is better than 2080ti even if it costs few bucks less doesn't know what he is talking about. This is proven by the fact that many people are willing to purchase this over the price of 3060 ti (as per the offers I have received).

How much would the following be worth as a combo if I were looking for a quick sale:
Most of these should be under a year or so of warranty left

i5 8400
16GB DDR4 2400
Z370 Asus Rog Mobo
970 Evo 256GB
Antec 450W PSU
RX560 GPU
Coolermaster Case

Nope, even after 3070's release 2080ti's are selling for same or more throughout the world on second hand market. Tech doesn't mean that older generation becomes obsolete instantly or else there would be no games or other apps supporting older GPUs. I get that there is a feeling of buying a new hardware that you won't get while purchasing used stuff but anyone who thinks 3060ti is better than 2080ti even if it costs few bucks less doesn't know what he is talking about. This is proven by the fact that many people are willing to purchase this over the price of 3060 ti (as per the offers I have received).
i would say considering 3070 now coming at starting price of 49k-50k. 2080 ti can be expected to fetch 42-45k. i got one for 42k, Asus triple fan from olx almost a year old. wait next six months and it will dip to 35k level.

How much would the following be worth as a combo if I were looking for a quick sale:
Most of these should be under a year or so of warranty left

i5 8400
16GB DDR4 2400
Z370 Asus Rog Mobo
970 Evo 256GB
Antec 450W PSU
RX560 GPU
Coolermaster Case
I would say around 15k for the mobo, cpu, ram combo
2-3k for 970evo
2k for the psu
6k for the gpu
2k for the case? ( not sure which model you have )

A good way to figure out the price is to look at it from the market standpoint.
E.g.
3070FE is 44.5k
3070FE is said to be almost similar to 2080Ti but there are few things that your 2080Ti has an advantage on (3GB more memory, more Cuda/Tensor/RT cores, higher memory bandwidth, AIB v/s FE though this time FE is quite good)
Where 3070FE has an advantage is better process node, newer technology (so less HW does more), can use INT32 cores as FP32 cores thus leading to higher effective core count than 2080Ti, higher base and boost clocks, lesser power consumption
Given this, AIB 2080Ti may have a slight advantage compared to 3070FE (depending on what the buyer is looking for). Let's assume a bit more in favor of AIB 2080ti and assume it scores 40% bonus over current value of a 3070FE.
So the current relative value of a brand new AIB 2080Ti, compared to 3070FE, becomes 44.5*1.4 = ~62k (which matches being slightly higher than current AIB 3070 prices)

Now, 3070FE is brand new and your 2080Ti is 2 years old. Apply a 20% per depreciation per year and the price comes to ~40k.

Depending on the buyer's valuation of what they need (and factor in the availability situation), the "bonus" and "depreciation" percentages would fluctuate, let's say 5% for everything either ways. So you get an absolute min. of ~34k to an absolute max. of ~47k (depending on who is more desperate to sell/buy :p), with 39-42k being a fare range to both buyer and seller.

A good way to figure out the price is to look at it from the market standpoint.
E.g.
3070FE is 44.5k
3070FE is said to be almost similar to 2080Ti but there are few things that your 2080Ti has an advantage on (3GB more memory, more Cuda/Tensor/RT cores, higher memory bandwidth, AIB v/s FE though this time FE is quite good)
Where 3070FE has an advantage is better process node, newer technology (so less HW does more), can use INT32 cores as FP32 cores thus leading to higher effective core count than 2080Ti, higher base and boost clocks, lesser power consumption
Given this, AIB 2080Ti may have a slight advantage compared to 3070FE (depending on what the buyer is looking for). Let's assume a bit more in favor of AIB 2080ti and assume it scores 40% bonus over current value of a 3070FE.
So the current relative value of a brand new AIB 2080Ti, compared to 3070FE, becomes 44.5*1.4 = ~62k (which matches being slightly higher than current AIB 3070 prices)

Now, 3070FE is brand new and your 2080Ti is 2 years old. Apply a 20% per depreciation per year and the price comes to ~40k.

Depending on the buyer's valuation of what they need (and factor in the availability situation), the "bonus" and "depreciation" percentages would fluctuate, let's say 5% for everything either ways. So you get an absolute min. of ~34k to an absolute max. of ~47k (depending on who is more desperate to sell/buy :p), with 39-42k being a fare range to both buyer and seller.
Most of what you have said make sense. But there are few things I disagree with "better process node, newer technology (so less HW does more), can use INT32 cores as FP32 cores thus leading to higher effective core count than 2080Ti, higher base and boost clocks"; this is meaningless to a consumer looking for performance. RX 6800 XT is better at almost everything mentioned earlier when compared to rtx 3080 but is being beaten in raw performance by it.
The math calculations that you have done are arbitrary, however I do think that the conclusion that you have reached for final price is about right.
Also, 3070 is almost always out of stock when I check RPtech so ~50k is the minimum you would have to pay for it unless you get very lucky.

Most of what you have said make sense. But there are few things I disagree with "better process node, newer technology (so less HW does more), can use INT32 cores as FP32 cores thus leading to higher effective core count than 2080Ti, higher base and boost clocks"; this is meaningless to a consumer looking for performance. RX 6800 XT is better at almost everything mentioned earlier when compared to rtx 3080 but is being beaten in raw performance by it.
The math calculations that you have done are arbitrary, however I do think that the conclusion that you have reached for final price is about right.
Also, 3070 is almost always out of stock when I check RPtech so ~50k is the minimum you would have to pay for it unless you get very lucky.

You're not gonna get much more for your RTX 2080ti than maybe 40-42k. Considering its offering almost the same performance as an RTX 3070 plus being a used card with less warranty. Maybe

You're not gonna get much more for your RTX 2080ti than maybe 40-42k. Considering its offering almost the same performance as an RTX 3070 plus being a used card with less warranty. Maybe
We shall see. It has 3GB more ram which is not something one should ignore even at 1440p plus ~3 years warranty left (same as for a new card with many other brands) and finally it is one of the top end model from Zotac. Though I do get the point about buying something new, you won't get the same feeling.

The only portion which is a bit arbitrary is the 40% bonus lol, and which I mentioned in 2080Ti's favor generously. Otherwise if you really go by perf numbers, there isn't a 40% gap between 2080Ti and 3070. It's more like 2-4% and even there in few games 3070 is ahead and vice versa.

The problem of valuations go both ways. Buyers want something ultra cheap, lower than what is reasonable and at the same time sellers keep believing their purchase is so awesome and shiny that people should not use any logic and just pay even more than the current market prices. Ultimately, what wins out is market. Seller and buyer would reach a stalemate near a price which makes sense logically.

Good luck with your sale :)

The only portion which is a bit arbitrary is the 40% bonus lol, and which I mentioned in 2080Ti's favor generously. Otherwise if you really go by perf numbers, there isn't a 40% gap between 2080Ti and 3070. It's more like 2-4% and even there in few games 3070 is ahead and vice versa.

The problem of valuations go both ways. Buyers want something ultra cheap, lower than what is reasonable and at the same time sellers keep believing their purchase is so awesome and shiny that people should not use any logic and just pay even more than the current market prices. Ultimately, what wins out is market. Seller and buyer would reach a stalemate near a price which makes sense logically.

Good luck with your sale :)
Not every seller and buyer thinks that way. I don't have ludicrous expectations as I am selling ~110k product for around ~45k taking into account new tech and age of the product. I have met and sold products to buyers who don't haggle and have paid almost the same asking price. I can't say about the experience of the others but no matter how low I put a price for a product I always get lowballed.

Last edited:
Not every seller and buyer thinks that way. I don't have ludicrous expectations as I am selling ~110k product for around ~45k taking into account new tech and age of the product. I have met and sold products to buyers who don't haggle and have paid almost the same asking price. I can't say about the experience of the others but no matter how low I put a price for a product I always get lowballed.
I know this does not add any value to the thread -
I have not been active on TE for many many years now so I am sure a lot of lowballing happens here as well now - which was not the case before :)

But (a) just ignore lowballers
and on a lighter note, (b) have you tried OLX? :tearsofjoy:

I have not been active on TE for many many years now so I am sure a lot of lowballing happens here as well now - which was not the case before :)

Don't have experience with TE but it was the case on Erodov.com (was there for around a decade ). Same with OLX. I have had my add on OLX as well and have received good offers but unfortunately not in Nagpur.

+1 for ignoring lowballers. They won't stay away. Even if you put up the card for 30k, there'd be some who would ask to sell it at 15k. Just ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back