No time for family problem

He pours his heart out here and all he gets LOL , come on he demands more.

NO Tapping pls

This is the GT section. Isn't it. If we have to talk about Tech only in this section as well then why the need for this section.

Yes i do agree with you..This is GT section and we dont need to discuss tech only But that does mean you can discuss your personal or family issues here.

May be in few days you will see other thread from this smart buy- My dog thinks i am not giving him enough time. o_O

its not funny anymore to pick on him, hes naive , innocent and wants us to be a friend , if you guys dont have a friendly shoulder , dont open his threads and walk on

i also felt he was trolling but nope hes not and good for you beingsmart for taking all the comments in ur stride

One futuristic solution would have been to clone yourself, but as of now you have to manage yourself.
Why not try and adjust you schedule and start having your dinner with her.

its not funny anymore to pick on him, hes naive , innocent and wants us to be a friend , if you guys dont have a friendly shoulder , dont open his threads and walk on

i also felt he was trolling but nope hes not and good for you beingsmart for taking all the comments in ur stride

What you precive as 'taking in your stride' is something else entirely. Called as being oblivious to innuendos and towards social conduct/protocol.
Surely this is GT section, but on a tech forum when you read the topics even in a GT section.. to see REGULAR posting regarding house/family/personal/health issue.. it becomes idiotic. A random post is acceptable, but there has to be some level of moderation from the member themselves to respect the nature of the forum and post according to the trend.
This is not facebook or any social media portal to keep releasing such threads here.

I seriously thought you were either sleepy or a bit high kippu to be posting something like that.

What you precive as 'taking in your stride' is something else entirely. Called as being oblivious to innuendos and towards social conduct/protocol.
Surely this is GT section, but on a tech forum when you read the topics even in a GT section.. to see REGULAR posting regarding house/family/personal/health issue.. it becomes idiotic. A random post is acceptable, but there has to be some level of moderation from the member themselves to respect the nature of the forum and post according to the trend.
This is not facebook or any social media portal to keep releasing such threads here.

I seriously thought you were either sleepy or a bit high kippu to be posting something like that.

Have you been given the power to decide what is acceptable and what is not?

I ask you and others who pick on him once again, if you want to see and reply only to tech topics then it is very easy to just not look at the GT section. I remember OinkBoink pointing out that off-topic or GT sections at Anandtech and other forums also have many threads which aren't related to tech.

Whether he takes it in his stride or is oblivious to the way people treat him over here, it is not he is who at fault, period. If people don't have anything constructive to post then they shouldn't. Also if I remember there is an option to 'ignore' posts by specific members. Everyone can exercise that option. But the reason people don't do that is because they like bullying this guy by coming and telling him that something is wrong with him.

In fact I didn't see something like this coming from you as nearly all your posts which I have come across are logical.

^^ Where did i say i own the forums ?
And what you are indicating is more along the lines to keep walking unless it bothers you directly.

I can keep doing that too, but there is a limit to things. When you notice something sticking out like a sore thumb for far too long, its time to call spade a spade. I have still avoided that and i am not asking for banishment. Read my post clearly if you havent where i have asked for some self moderation and observing the trend. GT section doesnt means flushing it down the toilet. I am pretty sure those topics would have rattled people at Funenclave too.

^^ Where did i say i own the forums ?
And what you are indicating is more along the lines to keep walking unless it bothers you directly.

I can keep doing that too, but there is a limit to things. When you notice something sticking out like a sore thumb for far too long, its time to call spade a spade. I have still avoided that and i am not asking for banishment. Read my post clearly if you havent where i have asked for some self moderation and observing the trend. GT section doesnt means flushing it down the toilet. I am pretty sure those topics would have rattled people at Funenclave too.

I understand where you are coming from mate.
The only thing I don't understand is that why can't people be more tolerant. Especially when he isn't breaking any rules. I don't see any mod telling him off.

I don't like it when people bully/ make fun of someone just because he/she doesn't conform to what is considered normal.

Just tell me one thing, in your honest opinion is being.smart at fault and if he is which exact rule has he broken.

Grow Up boy....This is not a forum where you can discuss your family or personal issues.

I sometime think you post all this S*** just for getting attention.

sunil1.gif

/off topic, wats your yahoo id?

also i suggest OP to visit this forum instead http://www.sukh-dukh.com for posting such problems. :|

you have to see things differently , he comes from a different mindset than the rest , there are things that he wishes to share , probably he feels safe to talk to complete strangers online than in real ,maybe this is one of the forums he is feeling good about , let him be
i dont see why some text on an online forum is ticking people off in a wrong way , dont like it , dont open thread, if people stopped commenting , then he wont start any , ?

If he had broken a rule, his reign would have ended long back. TE anyhow is very benign thanks to our mod/admin team and things are generally dont escalate too fast here.

At the same time, we all are a part of a great forum and every member here is kinda spl cuz we are connected with a common interest.
Having said that, everybody would like to see better standards being maintained here for the better part.. not only in terms of discussions, but members themselves as well.

We have doctors, lawyers and commerce students here who are not directly dealing with technology as such, but they still dont go berserk with offtopics/GT.
There is a reason why no other poster has been making such threads. Atleast with such freq and ignorance to the obvious signs. Every person has some tendency to indulge in one or other foolhardy topic. I might do that myself unknowingly and be all happy dandy whereas the discussion will be all non sensical and useless when a broader scope is considered vis a vis the forums.The fact that people dont go into that direction is that there is a unique social fabric here like every forum has which is and should be respected by everybody.

I dont believe in the fact to allow a peer continue making mistakes unless something dawns upon him very rudely and after ages.
With OP missing clear signs, when even members from mod/admin team taken pot shots at him.. its better to communicate the obvious than continue witnessing his role as a court jester.

Why to start Mahabharata in this thread, it seems its going toward north pole region :shifty:

i even can't understand many people's post especially of @Spacescreamer , bro please use bit simple english for me :cat:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont believe in the fact to allow a peer continue making mistakes unless something dawns upon him very rudely and after ages.
With OP missing clear signs, when even members from mod/admin team taken pot shots at him.. its better to communicate the obvious than continue witnessing his role as a court jester.

but he is not doing a mistake, he is just opening a thread about something ,which you and yes the majority dont feel is appropriate here , but he feels it is, and although he is in a minority and is ridiculed and mocked at , it is his absolute right to start/open a thread , until a rule comes in which states that starting frivulous threads is not welcome .Till that time , he can do whatever he wants in this part of forum and so can you

How easily have you said that he is making mistakes. Care to elaborate how it is a mistake.
Also other doctors/lawyers etc don't go berserk in the GT section with discussions of their own is because most of then don't have the time.
The GT or Off Topic section in any forum is for people who wanna post anything other than what the forums are for. You should go and see the Off-Topic section at XDA or Anandtech and perhaps then you will realize that what the GT section is actually all about.

We raise our eyebrows when someone is incarcerated for posting something about a politician on FB and it is termed as an attack against our freedom of expression. How is that any different than what you are trying to say?

Though most of his posts are senseless I feel this may be genuine one. Also there is a possibility that he does not have a close friend to share his issues/look for guidance and posts here looking for same.

TE gave me some nice friends and I was lucky to meet them in person. Sometimes I ask them for suggestions/guidance and that helps.

@Being.smart Gifts are not everything. Talk to your mom, explain your situation and 'take' out some time only for her no matter if just on weekends. All she want is that you share some of your precious time with her and listen to her issues/concerns.

@Roxtin @rdst_1 @kippu @Spacescreamer

We need not go off topic in this thread... I had specifically created a thread a while back to discuss about the threads of being.smart.. It would be much easier to search in case any member wants to discuss. rather than searching all of threads created by being.smart

but apart from that. I think all other threads have this mini discussion already. the scheme is also simmilar :p

Post 1 : Being.smart creates a thread
Post 2 : bashing being.smart <3 people like this post>
Post 3 : genuine answer to op's query. <with sarcasm>
Post 4 : defending being.smart arguing that no rules were broken.
Post 5 : mod joining conversation
.. and so on

Over working is not worth it. My company dictates working average 9+ hours each day, irrespective of whether there is work or not or you are on bench. During a period when my wife wasn't in Pune, I used to do more time in office just to get my average up.
Now that avg is in positive for this quarter, I have started to come early from office just to spend more time with my wife at home. She appreciates it.
So you gotta make time for your loved ones. I would even take occasionally leaves just to sit at home and have some family time.

I have to agree with Roxtin. Even I guess, Being.smart opens these threads is because he does not have any friends close to him or anyone who understands him to whom he can ask such advice from. This can happen to anyone if people close to them are in a different age group than him. Probably TE people are the closest to him, since we chat a lot in his threads and so we see him asking us for advice openely in GT. The reason most of us dont do this is because we have friends/ family who we can ask advice or we dont feel like taking advice from anyone or maybe some of us dont feel TE's the right place to ask such things.

Back