Nokia 5800 - Users Review for prospective buyer

gsajjanraj

Recruit
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to get a Nokia 5800. I own a BB but just want to present a good, userfriendly, reliable and kind of latest model mobile for my bro who is in college.

I would like to know some feedback on Nokia 5800 and its usability in India. From my reviews on the Net, it seems to be a good one and costs around 20K, which can be bought in US for 300$.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Cheers,
Sajjan

its available for 18k in india..but what i heard few days back in this forum..som 1 told its build material is delicate or rather cheap..get scratch easily and other similar complaints.. i was also planning to buy it..but now waiting for more reviews about this fone

i've used the 5800XM for something like 4-5 months.it did hav some probs immediately after release but now almost all probs hav been solved thru firmware update.
didnt hav any complaints with the build quality.
u can buy it with ur eyes closed.its a pretty gud fone with gr8 audio quality.....

i used it for 2 months and i was forced to sell it,bcoz,,,,the lcd was giving me problems, bad build quality,,,,,,,,,i expected a lot from that phone but it dissapointed me,,,,,,,,,,,,,but on the good side the phone is featured packed and it is fast,,,,,,,,,,,

if u see on the top right corner there is a gap present ,,,,,,the plastic is not of high quality,,,,,acc to me everything of 5800 is good except build quality,,,,,,

Thanks Guys...

I am just looking for the next best offer/Deal in US to get the unlocked Nokia 5800. As per your comments, I think I will buy that for my brother.

I am also looking for Palm Centro for myself. :eek:hyeah: May be i can give some rest to my BB Pearl. What do you guys think???

it is complete waste of money , my phone broke in just 2 months . why because i slept with my phone in pocket . i do always with iphone . but iphone screen doesnt have a single scratch .

its a feature packed fone..but loudness(volume) while playing music is very less on headphones..

my 5300xm is 50% more louder than 5800

i would recommend this phone definitely...and not just coz i use it...agreed there were some issues in the begining but the new firmwares are quite stable and looking at the way nokia is promoting s60 platform...i can guess that things are only going to get better...

+'s= loud speakers, better to hold than iphone(read single handed use), a2dp, and ease of all things nokia, brilliant screen, expandable mem, handwriting recognition, and photos and songs can be dumped on it very easily

-'s= touch interface not as smooth as iphone...some iphone apps are better...

my suggestion- go for it.

May be you are using the wrong headphones... I had the same complaint till I bought an ep630 to be used with it.

but I wonder why nokia is shipping those crap stock headphones with what they call an XM music phone:gun2:

devilsmind said:
its a feature packed fone..but loudness(volume) while playing music is very less on headphones..

my 5300xm is 50% more louder than 5800

mathew_p_a said:
May be you are using the wrong headphones... I had the same complaint till I bought an ep630 to be used with it.

but I wonder why nokia is shipping those crap stock headphones with what they call an XM music phone:gun2:

bro m not using wrong(or cheap) headphones as music is my first priority ,i m using SBC HP250 which i bought 3 years ago..and still now it'll blow ur ears off if u listen to ipod with full volume,i also used to have PMX100 which i sold on TE recently, and those nokia earphones are useless..:mad:

Now the only conclusion i found out for me and for everyone who is willing to buy this fone and those who likes louder music have to buy the Fiio E5 amplifiers:)

i used it for 3 days parrallel to my iphone 2g

i was using both juz for TP

lemme tell u 5800 suxxxxxx !!

dont get it bro !!

y not take an iphone i am still using it and it ROX

or u wanna go for nokia then stick with N95

BTW 5800 is NOT User Friendly

i wanna buy a mobile and my budget is 20k
i m looking for a laptop replacement for watchin movies and for web surfing so, a large screen is a must.touchscreen doesn't bother me as i dont type a lot on the fone..
how does 5800xm fare when it comes to video quality?will it cater my needs?
also, has any1 tried it with 16gb card?does it slow down?

@GodFather!

5800 videos are good if u convert it well ... it supports various formats ... and includes much more whn u put other softwares .. its widescreen is good and Contrast level is nice

but as u said u want a Multimedia replacement then y not go for the Iphone

HQ Videos load faster than 5800

sleeker than 5800

but all ur media is controlled by Itunes so if ur familiar with itunes which is damm simple then go for Iphone

biggest plus point is the GUI is so damm easy and fast u can search all ur media files on the go with the SPOTLIGHT feature ;)

i am using an iphone 2g 8GB... used 5800 few weeks back parrallel to iphone

Even though some ppl say that 5800 is an Iphone , I won't believe it..

They are in 2 different leagues man.. You cannot compare a mango to an apple or papaya. You should compare apple to an apple, mango to a mango and not the other way around:eek:hyeah:

deep_nx said:
@GodFather!

5800 videos are good if u convert it well ... it supports various formats ... and includes much more whn u put other softwares .. its widescreen is good and Contrast level is nice

but as u said u want a Multimedia replacement then y not go for the Iphone

HQ Videos load faster than 5800

sleeker than 5800

but all ur media is controlled by Itunes so if ur familiar with itunes which is damm simple then go for Iphone

biggest plus point is the GUI is so damm easy and fast u can search all ur media files on the go with the SPOTLIGHT feature ;)

i am using an iphone 2g 8GB... used 5800 few weeks back parrallel to iphone

@mathew_p_a

well partly u are right but not fully they are of diff league but they can b compared

As They do fall in the same Touch n large screen PLUS considering the pricing and features are quite on the same line 1k - 3k up n down is ok

@ the end of the day may the best man WIN and thus iphones wins for me

this comes with an experience of using 25+ cell phones of my own and many other models of other frnz since past 6 yrz

Back