Nokia E7 Discussion Thread

@johnson_j16, Cool, I have the E7 as well. Honestly I have had to face a lot of flak with the techies. But I love my phone. The qwerty makes it so easy, the pictures it can snap oh my. :D

Try the remoter application, Ovi Store: Remoter. It's a freeware. You can remotely control your system with your phone.

All you have to do is install it on your phone and there is a separate application running on your system. When you run the app on your phone, you would see your system's "name" coming up. Select it. Do whatever you want after it.

johnson_j16 said:
No sir its true no typographical error. i will put the phone in showoff in a couple of days. all i paid for NOKIA E7 SMARTPHONE with Querty keypad is 18000 inclusive in original box with all accessories with part no and IMEI no. So i hope its original and its from NOKIA FINLAND. :)
Can you tell us from where you bought the phone from ??

Because the price everywhere seems to be 28k+ before discount.

Thanks in advance. :)

hey friend thank you very much for the support. Do let me know about the applications that u intend to use with E7.It will be of great help to learn a lot from my fellow member in TechEnclave. I would surely use the above application and defenitely let you know.And one more thing.I need to buy a new case for E7.Can you suggest and brands or models.I am from Chennai :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
Can you tell us from where you bought the phone from ??

Because the price everywhere seems to be 28k+ before discount.

Thanks in advance. :)
YEs sir the phone is bought from one of my Clients who is an Application Developer for NOKIA OVI STORE.He ordered it for me from NOKIA FINLAND.SO its not a second hand piece.Do let me know if anyone will be interested in buying it, and quote the price you are ready to pay for it.

^^ I suggest you should open an IC for this phone and price it preferably below 20K and you will get plethora of people here going for this excellent device.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Ah okay that ways... even i can get them but had never tried it out tbh lol (being an app dev for Nokia rocks !)
Man oh Man...Why dont you open an IC and then a GO for these flagship Nokia phones ??

Request you to please do that.

Getting E7 for less than 20k, may be N8 for less than 15k....you can do it Mod :p

TechHead said:
Can you? Confirmed?
Yeah , they have this thing called a reduced cost device program for app developers. I'm registered as an individual and not as a company though so i don't know how many i can order and how much discount i get.

Let me contact support and get back to you guys. Also , i don't think these devices would have local warranty tbh. As Johnson has already tried out the method , maybe he could help you guys out quicker ?

And if you have to buy a new phone without warranty, NOKIA should be in the top of the list for their legendary build quality :)

yes sir u r absolutely right.No local warranty for higher end models and maximum 3 pieces per model only allowed under this scheme. :). anyway thanks for the info sir.If u dont mind may i know what part of application development u r involved in? i mean meamo or symbian3

etc?

johnson_j16 said:
yes sir u r absolutely right.No local warranty for higher end models and maximum 3 pieces per model only allowed under this scheme. :). anyway thanks for the info sir.If u dont mind may i know what part of application development u r involved in? i mean meamo or symbian3

etc?
A bit of Symbian programming. I'm basically a blogger and do some stuff on the side so i got into the Forum Nokia Launchpad program. I'm also helping out Intel a bit in bug fixing for MeeGo :)

@Everyone else --> Maximum 3 pieces clause confirmed by OP .. i'm still waiting to hear back from support though regarding pricing schemes. Might just pick up another N8 lol.. love that phone.

i just connected my mouse to the E7 using the USB OTG cable...and viola, it worked..a pointer comes that can be used for navigation...scrolling works too

also, i tried connecting my keyboard too...and that worked too!!! with shortcuts and all...

pity nokia doesnt even advertise this...

Pity really. These are the guys who change everything, but some fruit seller gets all credit for it, because the fruit seller sold his stuff in a nice pack

Haha.. you finally tried it out :D

I connect my E7 via HDMI to the LCD , a PS3 Bluray Remote via Bluetooth and an external harddisk to view HD movies on my TV :)

go download Nokia BigScreen.. you'll thank me for doing that. The UI is so slick !

PS : While you're at it.. also check out this app --> Nokia Trailers review

Flowd is out on the Ovi Store..

Those of you follow the EDM / Trance scene must've heard of Flowd.. its a music social networking app. Armin Van Buuren heavily promoted it during his ASOT 500 shows :p

Really really nice UI on the app , do give it a try if just for that.

Ovi Store: Flowd

And an interesting video to go along with it

hi there everyone , new to symbian 3 can anyone suggest good games for nokia c7 , thinking for buying it

Really like look of the phone ,Damn good

Back