Nokia Lumia 520 @ 6.7k - Amazon

What could you do? Even people with 2k now will think they should use Android!
Anyway, 6.7k for 520 is a good deal imo.

So you just come out of the blue to post in this thread? The 6.7k was in August. Now it's less than 5.7k. But there are other issues which make this a dead deal. Please read before commenting.
And just the other day a friend showed me his xolo a500s which is his 2nd phone. Very capable considering he got it for under 5.5k.
All the rich snobs can stick to their S4/5/6/7 whatever, just stop littering this thread with egoistic crap.

So you just come out of the blue to post in this thread? The 6.7k was in August. Now it's less than 5.7k. But there are other issues which make this a dead deal. Please read before commenting.
And just the other day a friend showed me his xolo a500s which is his 2nd phone. Very capable considering he got it for under 5.5k.
All the rich snobs can stick to their S4/5/6/7 whatever, just stop littering this thread with egoistic crap.

+1. I am pretty content with my 5k android mobile purchased last year and see absolutely no need to upgrade. People worship their expensive phones and flaunt it like it is the most valuable item in their lives. The irony is that they are always on edge about protecting it from scratches / falls since it is expensive.

At the end of the day, a smartphone is just a toy to send some whatsapp messages/ play subway surfers. All valuable work is still done on a PC.

send some whatsapp messages

I tell you this is very important.
For me it is as well, but my and Julian's point is it can be done on a 5k mobile as well and in no way it is less in functionality in these simple tasks as compared to a Nexus 5 ( except for gaming maybe ) :D . For those of us middle class indians with saving sensibilities , we can never justify spending more than 7-8 k on a phone.

For me it is as well, but my and Julian's point is it can be done on a 5k mobile as well and in no way it is less in functionality in these simple tasks as compared to a Nexus 5 ( except for gaming maybe ) :D . For those of us middle class indians with saving sensibilities , we can never justify spending more than 7-8 k on a phone.

I respect and totally understand where you and @Julian are coming from. He has helped me a lot when we both had Dell XCD 35. He may or may not remember it.

On the topic, It is a very capable phone and for a lot of people it fulfills what they want in a phone.

For those of us middle class indians with saving sensibilities , we can never justify spending more than 7-8 k on a phone

???? :D :D... If thats the case please change the forum name to billionaresenclave.com.

I respect and totally understand where you and @Julian are coming from. He has helped me a lot when we both had Dell XCD 35. He may or may not remember it.

On the topic, It is a very capable phone and for a lot of people it fulfills what they want in a phone.

Of course I remember man. The good ole days ! ;-) The blade thread was probably the best mobile thread ever on TE.

Incidentally, I got an xperia play for about rs. 12k from the UK, so that too was a bit above the 10k i deemed a decent budget for a phone. But it was well worth it. The new lode runner for example is unplayable without a gamepad and i finished the whole darn game.

I might spend half a lakh on a phone *cough* iphone *cough*, when I earn a few lakhs a month but even then i'd probably think it's ridiculous to do so.

Oh and this friend with the s2 that died a month after warranty because of a bad wifi update (!!!), still thinks it beneath him to buy a 10-15k android phone even though he's unemployed, so some people will just never learn...

Lol. You didn't even understand what I meant. Anyway, you happy with your 5k droid, good for you.

Ah, got it, it's available on Amazon.com. Title is misleading as we have an Indian Amazon!

Last edited:
@prime & @logistopath

What have you guys done with your phones finally?

It was unlocked and being used by someone in family. It's a great phone at this price for those who are not addicted to Android (or any other platform). :p

At that time, I got unlock code @ 3US$ but it is not available at this price any more.

It is and will be my daily use and only phone for the foreseeable future. I have absolutely zero problems with the device. Offers me everything I need.
It was unlocked and being used by someone in family. It's a great phone at this price for those who are not addicted to Android (or any other platform). :p
At that time, I got unlock code @ 3US$ but it is not available at this price any more.

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like somewhere post mid-november AT&T's policy changes meant no more unlock codes. Abandoning this thread and all hope of getting an ultra-cheap lumia...

Guys, I was at the local mobile shop and just out of curiosity asked him if it's possible to unlock a US 520. When he connected his unlocking device to the pc to check, i told him that the provider has closed down the system of imei->unlock code and that method doesn't work anymore. He checked with his unlocking system, specifically asked me the operator and then said it can be done and will cost Rs. 750. Does this sound like a good deal?

Guys, I was at the local mobile shop and just out of curiosity asked him if it's possible to unlock a US 520. When he connected his unlocking device to the pc to check, i told him that the provider has closed down the system of imei->unlock code and that method doesn't work anymore. He checked with his unlocking system, specifically asked me the operator and then said it can be done and will cost Rs. 750. Does this sound like a good deal?
I am also very much interested in unlocking Lumia 520 . So ask your guy which unlocking dongle he is using , that will clarify everything and price also can be bargained .
@prime

There's no way he's gonna give me that information, he did have a ton of different dongles (for different phones I assume) and is probably using one of those online paid services for unlocking. Read on some other forum that guys in delhi do it for 300 bucks or so...

Back