Nokia N900 launched in India

Nokia India has been launched in India officially
MRP Rs.30639 (street price would be lower)
Preloaded with PR 1.2
Available in stores from June 11

Too expensive if you ask me!

nikhilpai said:
Nokia India has been launched in India officially

MRP Rs.30639 (street price would be lower)

Preloaded with PR 1.2

Available in stores from June 11

Too expensive if you ask me!
Wrong information. MRP with tax is 26414 in Mumbai at launch. Confirmed from a friend in Nokia India.

Seems to be a case of Nokia selling off leftover stock in India. Face it, the n900 has no future upgrade path as Nokia is putting its weight behind Meego.

Me, I'm waiting for a slightly larger tablet to replace my n800 (still going great after 2.5 years). The extra screen size (4.3") makes such a difference while watching video

Nokia was at the top some time back but their sticking to Symbian for a long time & not developing newer platforms has taken a huge toll.
Apple & Android have maid giant strides, even Winmo is moving but Nokia is stuck with Symbian, Maemo & MeeGo.
High time Nokia woke up & developed some path breaking platforms if it intends to fight-back.

As for N900, 18-19k is ok for the device. Anything more & its no value.

they did wake up. They understood that they can't compete with brands like HTC, Apple, MS, Samsung. Hence they are now buckling up to compete with Micromax, Lava, Karbonn. And the result is the announcement of phones like C1, C2, C3, C5 blah blah blah.

desiibond said:
they did wake up. They understood that they can't compete with brands like HTC, Apple, MS, Samsung. Hence they are now buckling up to compete with Micromax, Lava, Karbonn. And the result is the announcement of phones like C1, C2, C3, C5 blah blah blah.
Ouch, that hurts:)

:) And not just that, the day they started ignoring Indian users (or Nokia diehard users) was the start of their fall. Remember the time when many in India used to flaunt their just released Nokia phone and become centre of attraction? If anyone does that now, they would be the turned into laughstock. Then Nokia used to release all their new phones in India at the same time as global release. Now, they have turned their largest market into dumping ground.

desiibond said:
:) And not just that, the day they started ignoring Indian users (or Nokia diehard users) was the start of their fall. Remember the time when many in India used to flaunt their just released Nokia phone and become centre of attraction? If anyone does that now, they would be the turned into laughstock. Then Nokia used to release all their new phones in India at the same time as global release. Now, they have turned their largest market into dumping ground.
+1 Agree completely.

desiibond said:
desiibond said:

Nokia completely dominates in the Indian market. According to stats till Mar 2010, The 10 most popular handsets in India are Nokia and 9 out of the 10 most popular Smart phones in India are Nokia. Nokia may not have great touch screen phones, but the market for the same in India is only a small fragment compared to the total market and Nokia owns almost all the rest of that market that belongs to non-touch enabled phones both smart phones and otherwise.

teche said:
Nokia was at the top some time back but their sticking to Symbian for a long time & not developing newer platforms has taken a huge toll.
Apple & Android have maid giant strides, even Winmo is moving but Nokia is stuck with Symbian, Maemo & MeeGo.
High time Nokia woke up & developed some path breaking platforms if it intends to fight-back.
As far as I know, MeeGo is a pretty new platform, not some old tech. So they are not exactly sitting back and relaxing.

Also Symbian is'nt too bad a platform. Almost all the phones that feature 720p video recording run on Symbian S60.
Symbian is a pretty robust platform. They just need to polish the interface or overhaul the UI totally to optimise it for touchscreens.

hotshot05 said:
As far as I know, MeeGo is a pretty new platform, not some old tech. So they are not exactly sitting back and relaxing.

Also Symbian is'nt too bad a platform. Almost all the phones that feature 720p video recording run on Symbian S60.
Symbian is a pretty robust platform. They just need to polish the interface or overhaul the UI totally to optimise it for touchscreens.

Yes, Meego is a new platform. As Maemo had reached its end according to Nokia, they had to come up with something new to replace. Still not many have used it & its too new in the market, considering the platforms other manufacturers are using are pretty well-developed & received.

There's hardly any way forward for Symbian based smartphones. Apple & Android has trumped it all the way.
Nokia has lagged behind in T.S. devices by a huge margin, its going to be extremely difficult gaining lost ground & with Symbian as a base, the journey will be all the more difficult.

My last cell-phone was a Nokia & till now I've always bought & suggested Nokia but off late due to their strategies & below par phones, my interests have changed & I now prefer devices from other competitors who have moved forward.

desiibond said:
Absolutely perfect..... I 'was' one such Nokia fan having used almost all of the N series & most E series devices.... But then Nokia Stagnated..... :(

I got myself a Galaxy Spica to test if Android suits me.... got hooked & got a Milestone just a week after the Spica....

But I still have the Spica as well.... Love both my phones.....

Nokia would need a very strong smartphone to be able to win back my confidence & the N900 doesn't fit the bill!!!

The N8?? Maybe.... but I still hate the keylock physical slider on Nokia's that are prone to failure.... Why cant they use push buttons like on the Samsung touch screens??

Nokia seems to have completely lost it!!!

Whatever you guys say , it just doesn't change the fact that whenever you ask 5 people which phone they will buy , 4 out of 5 people will go with Nokia . Yes NOkia has been feeling the heat since the past 5 years not being able to cover mainstream market like Samsung , Sony Ericsson , and recently the newly launched dual sim phones Micromax , Lava , etc

So Nokia is just buckling up both high and low . Nokia N8 will bring back Nokia's enthusiasts performance crown back . 12Mpx cam with Symbian 3 and Xenon Flash that too @ 23k is gonna be something I am dying to see

^^ good to see a nokia fanboy :p

still.. I'll give a pass to nokia unless and until they bring out something similar to iOS or the Android.. till then.. :fatigue:

Back