Nokia N900 launched in India

Vishal sir, wait a few days and Dell SB will offer the N900 at $369 again. This is insider info, so hang on to your horses.

Anyhow, on a different but related tangent, Nokia has announced that N8 is the last N-series device with Symbian and henceforth all N-series devices will have MeeGo. Since Maemo was crapped and MeeGo was backed by both Nokia and Intel, I have lost touch with the Maemo scene. I would like to know your impression of MeeGo, and its potential as a mobile phone/PMP/MID OS. We both went crazy over N900 and Maemo, that is why my question to you.

phoenix844884 said:
Vishal sir, wait a few days and Dell SB will offer the N900 at $369 again. This is insider info, so hang on to your horses.

Anyhow, on a different but related tangent, Nokia has announced that N8 is the last N-series device with Symbian and henceforth all N-series devices will have MeeGo. Since Maemo was crapped and MeeGo was backed by both Nokia and Intel, I have lost touch with the Maemo scene. I would like to know your impression of MeeGo, and its potential as a mobile phone/PMP/MID OS. We both went crazy over N900 and Maemo, that is why my question to you.

Whats "SB" in Dell SB you mentioned?

Yes, now that rumours of N9 are starting to float I am in two minds about getting the N900 or waiting for N9... Initially there were two reasons I didn't get N900 at launch: 1. Resistive screen instead of capacitive and 2. Software/UI wasnt that great.

But with PR1.2 out I was ready to get the N900 this time... maybe God is telling me to wait seeing how I missed so many chances to get the phone :p but I really want to get the N900 just for its iconic status (collector's item in my opinion) - I like to collect such stuff :D When N9 comes out I can think about getting that ALSO!

It's so hard to make this decision right now... MeeGo will definitely be a big step forward software wise.

SB = smallbiz - ok :)

@sumatrix - well now it looks like those N9 rumours might be pics of the E7 or something... still very early...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ting tong. just went out and got an N900 for rs 26k from nokia store nearby :D yet to open the box and set it up... now i need to get a 3G SIM for full effect. more later.

Yesterday, I have ordered the N900 from Dell site, i got it at around 380 with taxes, It will be delivered to me by this Thursday, lets c how it is, i will add review once i get hands on it.

Back