Nokia N900 launched in India

yes. recently I saw N8 (some guy was testing the phone) while having coffee at Coffee day. While the phone looked amazing, the UI was just 'deja vu'. it may have got some social networking integration but it has S60 written all over it! Definitely not the phone that I would look at but definitely is Nokia loyal buyer's pride :)

kauzy said:
^^ good to see a nokia fanboy :p

still.. I'll give a pass to nokia unless and until they bring out something similar to iOS or the Android.. till then.. :fatigue:
Completely agree with kauzy..... Rep added..... :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

desiibond said:
yes. recently I saw N8 (some guy was testing the phone) while having coffee at Coffee day. While the phone looked amazing, the UI was just 'deja vu'. it may have got some social networking integration but it has S60 written all over it! Definitely not the phone that I would look at but definitely is Nokia loyal buyer's pride :)
That means that the N8 is already available here in India???

Also, I agree that the N8 screams S60 all over.....!!! I haven't used it but have seen a lot of Symbian^3 hype from Nokia all over the cyber world.....

I still remember the glory Nokia enjoyed during the 3310 times..... But sadly, Nokia is losing it these days..... :(

N8 has Symbian^3 and is great phone..

N900 has Maemo 5 but Ui only in Landscape mode...

So not recommended...

So did anyone see the N900 in stores yet and whats the price its being sold at? I need to figure out whether to grab one from the US or not :D

vishalrao said:
So did anyone see the N900 in stores yet and whats the price its being sold at? I need to figure out whether to grab one from the US or not :D
About a month ago, it was available for ~23.5k grey in Mumbai....

:)

vishalrao said:
it will be cheaper here in India than in USA. And hence, it's beter to get it here itself.

BTW , Symbian 3 is nothing but a tweaked Symbian 2 with added library files for touch interface and other things . On the other hand Symbian 4 is something definitely to look up for .

Symbian 2 was never meant for Touch Screen.

So I missed the chance of getting an N900 for under Rs. 20k from my trip to the US of A. :(

Missed an online deal at $400, then missed the chance to get it at $425 from Dell online store... then avoided buying it at $465 from a store in NYC... Nokia online pricing is $485 or so - didn't bother. So on the flight back saw it at Dubai airport "Duty Free" (what a scam) and the price? Freaking USD $540 !!!

Now I'll just wait if I can get it from someone coming via Singapore airport otherwise will get it locally with warranty...

Here's a pic of the rip-off price at DXB:

N900Price.JPG

desiibond said:
they did wake up. They understood that they can't compete with brands like HTC, Apple, MS, Samsung. Hence they are now buckling up to compete with Micromax, Lava, Karbonn. And the result is the announcement of phones like C1, C2, C3, C5 blah blah blah.
C stands for crap right ?? :p

Anubis said:
BTW , Symbian 3 is nothing but a tweaked Symbian 2 with added library files for touch interface and other things . On the other hand Symbian 4 is something definitely to look up for .

Symbian 2 was never meant for Touch Screen.
Yup, the same icons, the same menu's, same crappy camera UI, just widgets to fool people into thinking "OMG its Symbian 3, it ll compete with Android's!", Symbian depresses me!

I think the 369 dollars is a fire sale to clear out existing stock. I wonder why they just launched it at 30K here in India? Do they think Indians are fools?

Back