Nook HD+

. I got about 8 hours of comics at 70% brightness, 4 hours of reading at 20% brightness, 2 hours of web surfing on WiFi at 50% brightness, and finally (the kicker) 9 hours of HD movies at 80% brightness, all on a single charge of the 9300 mAh battery
So, is that 23Hrs (8+4+2+9) of usage on a single charge?

Just arrived. Pretty neat. Initial impressions of the display are very good. A bit glossy though.

But there's no Kitkat OOB. Tried updating via OTA and it said no update available.

@alekhkhanna, some help please!

View attachment 56291

View attachment 56292
There are 2 steps to upgrade:
1) Download ZIP from http://img31a.flixcart.com/Kitkat/XT901/update.zip , place in root and go to "System Update" --> "Update from SD storage". Let it flash and update your system to a more recent JB version.
2) Go to "Software Update" (NOT System update) and check for new updates. A KitKat ROM should be ready to download !

:cat:

bumping an old thread.

has anyone's Nook HD+ suffered from booting & charging issues? mine isn't powering on nor charging (the charging LED lights up, but the tab wont boot).

What colour is the charging LED while charging? Should be yellow. I have switching ON issues on CM .Usually trying multiple times turns it on. ( or waiting for a while after multiple failed attempts) . I try not to let it completely shut down ever.

What colour is the charging LED while charging? Should be yellow. I have switching ON issues on CM .Usually trying multiple times turns it on. ( or waiting for a while after multiple failed attempts) . I try not to let it completely shut down ever.
Running CM. No issues except screen orientation problem with Jio on demand. Everything else is fine.

yes, the LED colour is yellow/orange. it was running on some carbon ROM.

found the tab's charger & put it on charging. found that earlier the LED first is green, then turns orange, stays so for sometime, & then starts continuously blinking green-orange-green-orange. checked on the net, & looks like I will have to open the tab, disconnect the jumper from the battery to the motherboard, reconnect after a few seconds, & then see if it charges properly then & boots up or not. else, will have to change the battery.

@sarthakk250193, like you wrote, this has most probably happened due to full depletion of battery-charge.

Back