Nook HD+

That's true man. Local classified web listings indeed have the Mini for less than 10K. But never have ventured into the iOS ecosystem and probably never will.

Saw that eBay listing a while back. Very good deal for indeed for that price.

Which one on eBay?

Dell is still there

Rest if u want 10 inch screen for reading then I sold my omni 10 few days back for 14k which was superb vfm

I am liking windows 8.1 tablets these days

Full Calibre to arrange ebooks or convert

Some light gaming

Some windows program!s like office

And those with stylus simply rock in one note

Why waste money on android??

Basically its either iOS or win os for me

No middle path[DOUBLEPOST=1428260295][/DOUBLEPOST]And one thing my bro NEVER SAY NEVER coz u never know what comes next

Yours was a fantastic deal no doubt!

Yes, the Dell ones are still there on eBay. Demo units being sold under the refurbished tag after being cleaned (as per seller desc). 32 GB version for 11.9K before coupons is sweet.

This and this.

I agree with you on the appeal of Windows tabs. When coupled with that Bluetooth KB you have, this indeed becomes a nifty little machine. Android is far more familiar over iOS for me, which is why I am flirting with the idea of an Android tab.

Ya android is familiar but just ovwrscaling of mobile apps sucks
Battery is unpredictable, you never know which app will suck out
IOS standby is superb

But have to say that after lollipop my note 3 doesn't !move from 100-99 over night
Same with nexus 7 2013

Am getting 9 hours screen on time on nexus 7

Would you guys recommend this tab even today?

It's going for 12K on eBay. Reading magazines/PDFs, watching movies, browsing and occasional use of Office apps.
Nah. If you are looking for a 10 incher in Android eco, go for Digiflip Pro XT901 (Flipkart). Been using the same for a couple of months now. Battery life is fantastic with WiFi/Sync off (don't need much on the tablet). Full HD screen. Good brightness. Loud speakers. Good build quality. A tad thick, yeah. 12k. Excellent VFM. My primary use is light gaming (Monument Valley etc.), novel and comic reading.
If you want an 8 incher, go for MiPad. Tegra K1 !

Nah. If you are looking for a 10 incher in Android eco, go for Digiflip Pro XT901 (Flipkart). Been using the same for a couple of months now. Battery life is fantastic with WiFi/Sync off (don't need much on the tablet). Full HD screen. Good brightness. Loud speakers. Good build quality. A tad thick, yeah. 12k. Excellent VFM. My primary use is light gaming (Monument Valley etc.), novel and comic reading.
If you want an 8 incher, go for MiPad. Tegra K1 !

Damn! Never thought anyone on TE would have this. More surprising as you generally tend to spin-off a thread for new products on the forum (like this very thread) ;).

I'd prefer a 9 incher so can you talk some more about the display on the DigiFlip tab. How good are the viewing angles? Color reproduction? Does it have any semblance of developer support?

Mi Pad is an 8 incher. I'd prefer something that is at least 9 inches if not 10, which seems ideal when it comes to productivity tasks.

And yes, whatever happened to your Nook HD+?

Damn! Never thought anyone on TE would have this. More surprising as you generally tend to spin-off a thread for new products on the forum (like this very thread) ;).

I'd prefer a 9 incher so can you talk some more about the display on the DigiFlip tab. How good are the viewing angles? Color reproduction? Does it have any semblance of developer support?

Mi Pad is an 8 incher. I'd prefer something that is at least 9 inches if not 10, which seems ideal when it comes to productivity tasks.

And yes, whatever happened to your Nook HD+?
Nook HD+ is with mom. Loaded it with Chandamama, Betaal etc. :)
The display of DF XT901 is fab. Full HD is full HD. And pretty bright to boot. Color reproduction is from good to very good, and comics look sharp. Surprisingly nimble considering it is powered by a last gen Atom processor. 2GB of RAM is pretty helpful. Minimal lag if multiple apps are open, else everything is quick.
Dev support, well, nope. :p Tried rooting but not successful. FK has released a KitKat update (was on JB when I bought it). Smooth. Do remember it'a a thick tab. Well, not very thick but thick if compared to an iPad or Yoga 2. The back panel is glass, giving it a premium look.

Just to chime in with the rest of you guys, I switched from my Nook HD+ to a Lenovo Yoga 2 10.1 last month and I believe my money has been well spent. Full HD display, no lag whatsoever, and tremendous battery life. I got about 8 hours of comics at 70% brightness, 4 hours of reading at 20% brightness, 2 hours of web surfing on WiFi at 50% brightness, and finally (the kicker) 9 hours of HD movies at 80% brightness, all on a single charge of the 9300 mAh battery. The rounded edge is a great help at holding the tab for extended periods of time. Expandable storage is good to have and every model comes with a SIM slot.

Only downside is that it costs a bomb as compared to other budget Android tablets. At it's current price of 29k (Flipkart) one is put into the quandary of putting in a few more and getting a higher range tablet like the basic iPad.

As for the original question of whether the Nook HD+ is still a VM tablet - well it is, but only and only when you don't want any more high end gaming, office and productivity abilities, and will restrict the use to all round media consumption with books, comics, and videos only. At 12k it ain't worth it, at 6k it is.

Kindle fire HD actually

What I meant is fk always or mostly prices on MRP just because of good delivery backup!!

Amazon gives better deals
no qn asked returns
Much better packing
Superb delivery system if amazon fulfilled

Kindle fire HD actually

What I meant is fk always or mostly prices on MRP just because of good delivery backup!!

Amazon gives better deals
no qn asked returns
Much better packing
Superb delivery system if amazon fulfilled
Quite the opposite experience here. Always found FK sales to be miles better than AMZ, specially the book sales. Last week the book sale on app was insane ! AMZ has never been close.

Just arrived. Pretty neat. Initial impressions of the display are very good. A bit glossy though.

But there's no Kitkat OOB. Tried updating via OTA and it said no update available.

@alekhkhanna, some help please!

1428823101425.jpg

1428823120436.jpg

Back