Nook HD+

what about battery life ? getting around 9 hrs screen time with browsing and movies on verygreen CM 10.2 . Anything not working in CM 11 build ?

Also i think CM 11 builds have trim enabled . My HD+ is with the buggy emmc and i dont see a non trim build for CM 11 :(

Last edited:
@sarthakk250193 - i haven't yet used any custom ROM on my tab, but now wish to go ahead with one. xda pages confuse me on which to choose. i want to boot from an external SD card (16GB). could you please link me to the ROM you wrote about on the last page? do i have to do anything before installing it, or just go ahead with the procedure as per instructions?

UPDATE - got it! isn't this the page? anything extra to be done, or simply follow the instructions given by the OP on pg. 1?

Last edited:
Just go with the basic procedure mentioned in the XDA threads. Try evergreen's CM which can be booted off an external SD card. For anything though you will have to install a custom recovery, mostly CWM.

@sarthakk250193 - i haven't yet used any custom ROM on my tab, but now wish to go ahead with one. xda pages confuse me on which to choose. i want to boot from an external SD card (16GB). could you please link me to the ROM you wrote about on the last page? do i have to do anything before installing it, or just go ahead with the procedure as per instructions?

UPDATE - got it! isn't this the page? anything extra to be done, or simply follow the instructions given by the OP on pg. 1?
Yes that is the one.are you looking for SD install or internal memory install??this thread is for internal memory.it will remove you stock rom.
I have not used SD ROM but using SD ROM you can dual boot to stock or custom.

am looking for installation on external memory. anyway, have postponed the plan to install the ROM again. have to leave for Delhi soon, and don't have enough time to go through the instructions and install the ROM(s). will do so upon return. just wanted to know for now - is it possible to use a data-card with an OTG cable with this? or, can it be tethered to a cellphone network to use the internet on the go (i had read somewhere that it can be)? or, any other method? anybody, please do suggest.

I have tried pen drive and mouse.Both work.So i think data card should work as well.You wont get any OTG cable for this.But you need a female-female converter to attach to stock cable.
IMG_20140126_104701.jpg

to those who are still using this tab - have you been experiencing difficulties with the scribd app? on my tab, after opening a book on the scribd app, the screen used to misbehave (blank screen, with backlight), and after a few seconds of this, the tab used to restart. used to happen 1-2 times in a row, after which it used to become normal.

now after updating the app, there're no reboots, but the screen continuously flickers, even while browsing the store, making the tab/app unusable. couldn't find any mention to this in a google-search. my tab is running the latest kitkat-based PACMAN ROM (RC3).

Never used scribd, but I think one possible reason could be screen resolution support. Write to scrbd asking them if their app supports nook HD+?

Never used scribd, but I think one possible reason could be screen resolution support. Write to scrbd asking them if their app supports nook HD+?

yes, have written to them. though i have used their app earlier on the stock ROM as well as on liquidsmooth and PACMAN RC2 ROMs, but didn't have this problem. perhaps recent versions of the app might have some incompatibility.

Would you guys recommend this tab even today?

It's going for 12K on eBay. Reading magazines/PDFs, watching movies, browsing and occasional use of Office apps.

Back