Nook HD+

My requirements are of Nook HD+ and my inclination is towards N7. :confused: Okay guys after your suggestions, I think I should go with my requirements. Please suggest if the mentioned Nook HD+(for 8.2k, 3 months old & 9/10) is priced rightly? The seller is asking 7000(device)+1150(shipping). I want to buy one fast and end this confusion of mine.

My requirements are of Nook HD+ and my inclination is towards N7. :confused: Okay guys after your suggestions, I think I should go with my requirements. Please suggest if the mentioned Nook HD+(for 8.2k, 3 months old & 9/10) is priced rightly? The seller is asking 7000(device)+1150(shipping). I want to buy one fast and end this confusion of mine.
Lol. N7 innards plus HD+ size (and build) will make an awesome tab. I hope the new B&N Tegra tab materializes !
8.2 is quite alright IMO, but wait for other peeps to chip in as well. Make sure you take a demo warranty (say a couple of weeks).

install a custom rom on hd+ and lag is minimum.Also,stable 4.4 will be out for hd+ within a month, that should help.
Where are you getting it for 8.2k??Rememer that the new ones sold on ebay are refurbished.

The way I see it is that you will spend 15k+ for Nexus 7 2013, so why not pay 12k for a manufacturer refurbished Nook HD+? You get one whole year of warranty from B&N, plus eBay seller warranty too (if you buy from slidecart).
If you want to play lots of games on android then go for Nexus 7. Nook HD+ is a device meant for consuming reading material. It will run all the games from 1st half of 2013 and earlier but you throw anything more recent at it and it will stutter.
I've had multiple queries regarding the same via PM and I've given the same answer to everyone. Games like Real Racing 3, Modern Combat 4 will lag, but most arcade games will run smooth.

Thanks for the answer but I do not find any Nook HD+ @12k on ebay. I'll buy instantly if I find Nook around 12k. Above 12k I do not find a reason to buy HD+ just for the sake of a bigger screen, and Nexus 7 has everything else except a bigger screen. Nook HD+ deserved 15k+ 6-10 months ago but not atm when new devices gonna launch/are launching. I totally agree with you guys that a bigger screen is much better for reading but I'm not going to pay premium/extra for it.
Truth is I'm a bit price conscious now and I look for a VFM product. I'm not biased towards N7 but I want a product which stay updated(not outdated) for at least 6-12 months. I've used touchscreen[personal PPCs] since 2005, I'm done with the premium. I've used 10 inches tabs (my brother's iPad and Note N8000) too.
I don't play games usually even on my PC and never liked on portable devices. I don't like movies/music either on tabs due to lack of sound effects. I tried few times (even on train) but closed and started reading books. :p
I think if I do not buy anything soon either I'll keep bugging you guys or will drop the idea or wait for one VFM reading tab. :D

Last edited:
If I buy a device my storage will be filled with 70%(mags+books+newspapers), 1-2 movies,20-30mp3 and rest games for my occasionally visiting nephews/niece/a gamer cousin. :p

If I buy a device my storage will be filled with 70%(mags+books+newspapers), 1-2 movies,20-30mp3 and rest games for my occasionally visiting nephews/niece/a gamer cousin. :p
Touting 28GB of comics currently. Need to a new card for more ! Don't want to delete really good ones like Fables etc. :(

I already did that and even open to other offers. I didn't even get a single Nook HD+ offer. IIRC another guy also posted for WTB Nook but he has to buy one. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1388695061][/DOUBLEPOST]
Touting 28GB of comics currently. Need to a new card for more ! Don't want to delete really good ones like Fables etc. :(
So you meant to say that we are about to get a 32GB microsd Sell Thread. Consider me first in line if I get a Nook HD+. xD

that's a major fluctuation in price! but i guess it will come down soon; probably not very close to the earlier listed-price, but still.

i had once asked him the reason for fluctuations; he said he does that as per fluctuations in the original B&N price in dollars.

Try verygreen's CM 11 rom.GEL seems to lag on hd+.Verygreens rom is faster and smoother than succulent's and it has a launcher almost similar to GEL but not even slightest lag.I swear for normal usage i can compare this to my nexus 4!!

Back