Nook HD+

Isn't some converter available so that any tablet charger can be used??original chargers will sooner or later go out of stock.damn now I have to rethink about getting nook+.:/

Yes I did. But the doofus seller shipped it domestically to another one his buyers. I got a crappy postcard. The seller has since re-acquired the Nook HD+ and already shipped it out today morning. Should have it by next week if the dear customs police don't hit me with duties.

I'll look into the extra charger/cable combo.

Yes I did. But the doofus seller shipped it domestically to another one his buyers. I got a crappy postcard. The seller has since re-acquired the Nook HD+ and already shipped it out today morning. Should have it by next week if the dear customs police don't hit me with duties.
I'll look into the extra charger/cable combo.
WTF ? Seller has good ratings ? Do look into the charger thingy please.

Is that a deal breaker?can it be charged through USB?
Yeah. It comes with a proprietary 30 pin connector at one end and a USB at the other - can attach to a charger or a USB port. Do know it's a bit demanding when it comes to power requirement i.e. will need a full USB port (no hubs) or a >2 A charger. Good thing is the tab charges very quickly.[DOUBLEPOST=1385127678][/DOUBLEPOST]Deep sleep is pretty awesome.

PjI2o8g.jpg

Last edited:
Damn.Now surface RT will be 200$ on black friday sale.Only issue being the smaller resolution.But i like its slightly bigger screen and better build quality.Lack of apps isnt too bothering since tablet will mostly be used for internet browsing.And windows is smoother for low spec devices.Its so confusing.:confused:

what's the least amount for which one can have a decent case (one on which the tab can be placed supported horizontally) for this tab?!

alright. thanks!
in an utter confusion on what to buy between the Nook HD+ and the Nexus 7 (2012). the screen-size of the Nook is a major factor. however, the processor, not so sure. plus, can't extend much beyond the purchase of the Nook, for accessories and all. :(

alright. thanks!
in an utter confusion on what to buy between the Nook HD+ and the Nexus 7 (2012). the screen-size of the Nook is a major factor. however, the processor, not so sure. plus, can't extend much beyond the purchase of the Nook, for accessories and all. :(
Screen size and micro-SD card support IMO. My 32GB mSD is chock full at the moment. Thinking of getting a 64GB. You just cannot have enough space on a tablet. :/

@Kilroyquasar Why not get a neoprene sleeve for the Nook HD+? Does the protection bit, and most of the times I've seen that I hold it in landscape mode and very rarely do I need to support my tablets on a stand for videos. Like @alekhkhanna said, the cheapest you can get is ~$10 plus shipping to India.

As for Nook Vs/ Nexus 7, I say go for Nook. With CM support and a really fluid Stock UI, it will last you a good year or so, maybe more. That is the time frame we should all look at it in this day ad age with all mobile/tablet devices. Also the Nook's screen is tremendous. I had to squint and bring the screen close to my face to be able to see the text and webpage rendering on Nexus 7.

In other news, the dear post man just handed me a package from the US. I finally got my Nook HD+. Pics and details to follow. Yay!!

@Kilroyquasar Why not get a neoprene sleeve for the Nook HD+? Does the protection bit, and most of the times I've seen that I hold it in landscape mode and very rarely do I need to support my tablets on a stand for videos. Like @alekhkhanna said, the cheapest you can get is ~$10 plus shipping to India.

As for Nook Vs/ Nexus 7, I say go for Nook. With CM support and a really fluid Stock UI, it will last you a good year or so, maybe more. That is the time frame we should all look at it in this day ad age with all mobile/tablet devices. Also the Nook's screen is tremendous. I had to squint and bring the screen close to my face to be able to see the text and webpage rendering on Nexus 7.

In other news, the dear post man just handed me a package from the US. I finally got my Nook HD+. Pics and details to follow. Yay!!

thanks for the info, and congrats!
the seller from whom Alekh got his Nook, is providing a free neoprene case with the tab.

also, later today, i reassessed my requirements, and got reminded of a few prime points - i won't be using the tab to watch movies or/and 1080p videos, but mostly documentaries and short videos on a few very specific subjects. ebooks-reading is a secondary requirement, and that too because i have an e-ink reader already with me. moreover, would want my tab to be very portable and not too attention-catching, as i wish to use it on commutes as well. all this makes me sway towards the N7 now. would've to compromise on size and a better screen/display then, but its fine. if i feel the need, could then get the Nook HD+ from someone from the forum itself an year or so later. ;)

Back