Android Now that LG is wrapping up, wish to buy LG G8X as my last LG purchase...

They went pretty aggressive with the sales so its quite possible that stocks may have got cleared out
Hmmm.. May be they are focusing on wing now and hence not much focus on g8.

But i would really like to buy it brand new from fk
LOL this was the reason precisely i got the fx axis bank card so that I can land it at 0 percent EMI [emoji12]

^^ Sold Out and Out of stock too - Kolkata.
Had emailed lg and got a call from an executive today.
He said we are strictly following govt guidelines and a lot of products including the g8x is not being shipped by the seller (fk itself I guess) hence the item is showing out of stock or temporarily unavailable.

His opinion was that it all depends upon govt lockdown / curfew guidelines all over.

Had emailed lg and got a call from an executive today.
He said we are strictly following govt guidelines and a lot of products including the g8x is not being shipped by the seller (fk itself I guess) hence the item is showing out of stock or temporarily unavailable.

His opinion was that it all depends upon govt lockdown / curfew guidelines all over.
BS.
I can order Wing right now for Noida, G8X shows temporally unavailable.

BS.
I can order Wing right now for Noida, G8X shows temporally unavailable.
Yes that's what he said, acc to him selected zip codes are not being served atm
All Delhi is among that for certain categories of items...

As it is i had ordered two diff tws and both were delivered promptly.

I definitely feel they are intentionally holding g8x so that wing can be disposed and that's why they have increased the price of g8x to 27990 from today, so that people would rather grab wing as it has 5g and more ram but a totally impractical design as compared to g8x.

Had to pay 500 as premium today to a local shopkeeper to get redmi note 10 for wife.
She was getting too agitated since past few days as amazon was not delivering her phone.... [emoji12] इससे पहले के रोटी पानी बंद हो जाये, 500 rs extra में मंगाना पड़ा [emoji12][emoji12][emoji120][emoji120]
शांति शांति शांति

Lol... Reminds me of an incident when my aunt started going all Techy and started asking questions not meant for her(what is OTP, how FB works, why only 4g, why not 10g). Perhaps the TV not working had its toll and it was repaired the next day even in lockdown.

Lol... Reminds me of an incident when my aunt started going all Techy and started asking questions not meant for her(what is OTP, how FB works, why only 4g, why not 10g). Perhaps the TV not working had its toll and it was repaired the next day even in lockdown.
Haa haaaa haaaaa....
Indeed jitna bach sako, utna bacho, naari shakti ke kop se bhai [emoji120]

No wonder they closed up, called LG customer care recently to find a service centre to repair my g8x. The customer care guy suggested going to a service centre that is 500kms away from my location because the closest ones to me are saying no spares. He wasn't even kidding, he genuinely suggested traveling 500kms to service my mobile lol

No wonder they closed up, called LG customer care recently to find a service centre to repair my g8x. The customer care guy suggested going to a service centre that is 500kms away from my location because the closest ones to me are saying no spares. He wasn't even kidding, he genuinely suggested traveling 500kms to service my mobile lol
That's disappointing, shouldn't they put in the request for spares and give you a time line...
That's how it's done all over, even The metro cities if you aren't from one already.

That's disappointing, shouldn't they put in the request for spares and give you a time line...
That's how it's done all over, even The metro cities if you aren't from one already.
The ones close to me are in the city, Chennai. When I called service centres they're saying they don't service this mobile. I have two G8x both have proximity sensor issue and one with display issue. Will have to visit them directly once Corona is in control, I just hope my warranty isn't over by then.

The ones close to me are in the city, Chennai. When I called service centres they're saying they don't service this mobile. I have two G8x both have proximity sensor issue and one with display issue. Will have to visit them directly once Corona is in control, I just hope my warranty isn't over by then.
Write ans email to lg nd start a case at pgportal.gov.in and link that in your lg email too... They ll definitely give you extra time I am sure

Whats your view of the phone as i find it most quirky and practical as compared to wing and has all the flagship features...

Sometimes the proximity sensor issue cokes up owing to some kind of tempered glass... Did you try removing that..

Write ans email to lg nd start a case at pgportal.gov.in and link that in your lg email too... They ll definitely give you extra time I am sure

Whats your view of the phone as i find it most quirky and practical as compared to wing and has all the flagship features...

Sometimes the proximity sensor issue cokes up owing to some kind of tempered glass... Did you try removing that..
Will check thanks, still have few months warranty left. The tempered glass isn't the issue as the ones I'm using is specifically made for G8x and proximity sensor had no issues in the past 7 months with it. I'd get wing too as it's more practical if you really want to use dual screens, I don't use the dual screen which came with G8x because the battery isn't enough to power dual screens, even for half a day. As a standalone mobile G8x is better than wing except for the front camera.

Will check thanks, still have few months warranty left. The tempered glass isn't the issue as the ones I'm using is specifically made for G8x and proximity sensor had no issues in the past 7 months with it. I'd get wing too as it's more practical if you really want to use dual screens, I don't use the dual screen which came with G8x because the battery isn't enough to power dual screens, even for half a day. As a standalone mobile G8x is better than wing except for the front camera.
I had seen this video
And this reinforced my notion that g8x is far practical.
The design of the wing doesn't go down well with me and my profession tbh

I had seen this video
And this reinforced my notion that g8x is far practical.
The design of the wing doesn't go down well with me and my profession tbh
If you like it then get it, it's a great mobile except for the front camera. Only issue is the battery isn't big enough for two screens.

If you like it then get it, it's a great mobile except for the front camera. Only issue is the battery isn't big enough for two screens.
Yes i m prepared to accept that fact, but the same issue is there with the wing too..
But i guess support for 5g { which is still atleast 1 to 3 years away) iplus the 8gb ram is the biggest plus..

Unable to understand what fk is thinking, increased the price to 27990 and still showing unavailable..
Seems they are pushing the disposal of lg wing but pushing up the prices of 8x so that people can be lured with 5g and 8gb ram of wing

Unable to understand what fk is thinking, increased the price to 27990 and still showing unavailable..
Seems they are pushing the disposal of lg wing but pushing up the prices of 8x so that people can be lured with 5g and 8gb ram of wing
Guess they stopped selling it here, it's out of stock in Tata cliq too. Check after lock downs are over

Back