Android Now that LG is wrapping up, wish to buy LG G8X as my last LG purchase...

I won't recommend it for a new purchase. I got one for my dad for 17K in Flipkart Sale with SBI Card discount. It was a steal then. Battery life lasts full day for his use but I doubt it will last the same for me. It will be updated to A11 shortly and is getting security patches on quarterly basis.
If I remember in first sale it was 20k plus 1500 cash back... Or was it 3k cash back?

If I remember in first sale it was 20k plus 1500 cash back... Or was it 3k cash back?
1627710501161.png

Sorry. It was 18K

The total order was of 30K (LG G8X + POCO M2) and got 3K discount on the total order with SBI.

I have further De bloated my g8x
Via adb and stopped keeping sync always on.
I just sync it when I am free to check new mails and these two have helped with the battery life

I suspect owing to a lot of background processes and system apps both normal and pertaining to dual screen the battery is used faster even when the phone is idle.

If anyone has further De bloated the phone without any I'll effects then please do share

I have further De bloated my g8x
Via adb and stopped keeping sync always on.
I just sync it when I am free to check new mails and these two have helped with the battery life

I suspect owing to a lot of background processes and system apps both normal and pertaining to dual screen the battery is used faster even when the phone is idle.

If anyone has further De bloated the phone without any I'll effects then please do share
I'm using it as it came and have decent battery life with single screen. Sometimes it just freezes for a few seconds when using Chrome, apart from that it's going good.

I'm using it as it came and have decent battery life with single screen. Sometimes it just freezes for a few seconds when using Chrome, apart from that it's going good.
That is a well known issue with chrome
Teddy and use the chrome dev version
Might be helpful

That is a well known issue with chrome
Teddy and use the chrome dev version
Might be helpful
Sometimes it's random even when not using Chrome and also proximity sensor isn't working sometimes, like when a call is coming the display appears blank and I have to press lock button twice just to see who's calling. I need to visit SVC sometime before warranty is over.

Sometimes it's random even when not using Chrome and also proximity sensor isn't working sometimes, like when a call is coming the display appears blank and I have to press lock button twice just to see who's calling. I need to visit SVC sometime before warranty is over.
Good idea
Do update here what they say and do

Has anyone used their G8X in desktop mode. LG too has a feature like Samsung Dex. If yes, which HDMI dongle did you use. I am thinking of getting the PiBox cheapest offering and trying it out.

Has anyone used their G8X in desktop mode. LG too has a feature like Samsung Dex. If yes, which HDMI dongle did you use. I am thinking of getting the PiBox cheapest offering and trying it out.
even I was thinking of this.
do update if you use this feature.

Can anyone link me to a decent set of scratch guard combo for the lg g8x along with dual case.

I'm using one from glazed inc.
It Costs for both screens for 450 rupees.

My first Android phone was the LG Optimus One. Fond memories of running CyanogenMod 7 on it. Never purchased another LG phone after that but tempted to pick one up if there is a fire sale. Always remember LG as being the first on a lot of stuff - 3D screen, Quad DAC, wide-angle camera and probably much more.
Me too had a Optimus one for around 3 years. Lg phones especially G series lasted forever. Missing such a quality products nowadays

It seems with android 11 and a new iodate to lg smartworld app, the option to download more fonts is gone..
Technically on g8x thinq there are no fonts section on smartworld.

Anyone has any clue how to add custom fonts to this phone, tried the ifont as well as custom launcher route but nothing..

Have a few nice ttf files to be loaded but dunno how...

If anyone has a working workaround [emoji6] then do share
Thanks

Can anyone link me to a decent set of scratch guard combo for the lg g8x along with dual case.
I have been using their products for all of our phones including my G8x. The application of the scratchguard requires time and patience but the end result is worth it. These also last pretty long.

I have been using their products for all of our phones including my G8x. The application of the scratchguard requires time and patience but the end result is worth it. These also last pretty long.
can you please share a photo of the applied screen guard? I might switch to it if it's good.

Back