Android Now that LG is wrapping up, wish to buy LG G8X as my last LG purchase...

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
I have always liked LG phones ans its unfortunate that they are leaving the business.
Its obvious now that prices of all LG phones are going to crash now.
Can you guys share your opinions about which LG mobiles from various segments should be grabbed before its too late.
I am currently leaning towards buying a new secondary phone.
After careful thought I have decided to go for lg g8x...

May be we can discuss acc to segment of those lg phones for others as well ( if at all they have options left for these segments)

Low budget
Budget
Midrange
Flagship

I am now kinna certain that i ll be going for the g8x provided it's available for sale and delivery plus the price crashes a bit..
This video here made me sure that this can actually be pretty useful indeed.

Thanks

Last edited:
What don't you like about the G8X battery?
It's on par with 4000mAh with an 855.

Screenshot_20210405-125716.jpg

What don't you like about the G8X battery?
It's on par with 4000mAh with an 855.

View attachment 103352
My opinion was based on the fact that two 6 inches plus vibrant screens might such the paltry 4kmah battery in quick time..
But this seems good.

I guess I might just grab it as soon as it comes down further, thanks for the info m8.

My first Android phone was the LG Optimus One. Fond memories of running CyanogenMod 7 on it. Never purchased another LG phone after that but tempted to pick one up if there is a fire sale. Always remember LG as being the first on a lot of stuff - 3D screen, Quad DAC, wide-angle camera and probably much more.

Last edited:
Are we expecting some big sales on lg phones then on fk or amazon ?
I believe so
Now that LG is quitting and its official, it would be assumed that there might be lack of interest in their mobiles hence to liquidate the stocks, there might be a lowering of prices or flash sales...

I believe so
Now that LG is quitting and its official, it would be assumed that there might be lack of interest in their mobiles hence to liquidate the stocks, there might be a lowering of prices or flash sales...
Hmm I would hope so , altho shame they never released v60 here . Out of g8x , wing and velvet probably g8x is good option ? I think velvet doesnt have quad dac and wing doesnt have jack ( can anyone confirm ? ) .

But then even if you do buy in flash sale or lowered price would they still cover one year warranty in case of a problem / defect etc ?

Hmm I would hope so , altho shame they never released v60 here . Out of g8x , wing and velvet probably g8x is good option ? I think velvet doesnt have quad dac and wing doesnt have jack ( can anyone confirm ? ) .

But then even if you do buy in flash sale or lowered price would they still cover one year warranty in case of a problem / defect etc ?
Ofcourse they will.. Its not as if the company is shutting its just the mobile business.
Commitment made by the company while selling the product would definitely be honored.

Ofcourse they will.. Its not as if the company is shutting its just the mobile business.
Commitment made by the company while selling the product would definitely be honored.
hmm fair , makes sense was just wondering because they have separate service centres for mobiles than other appliances which I am not see I see running for too long. But I think you might be right.

My opinion was based on the fact that two 6 inches plus vibrant screens might such the paltry 4kmah battery in quick time..
But this seems good.

I guess I might just grab it as soon as it comes down further, thanks for the info m8.
This is for single screen use. Over time, almost everyone ends up using the second screen less and less. I haven't used mine for more than 2 months now.

This is for single screen use. Over time, almost everyone ends up using the second screen less and less. I haven't used mine for more than 2 months now.
Great enough, and you are right
I had imported the v20 back in the day from the US for its dac and that second screen but lol never used it, it used to only impress the onlookers and i used to get queries like which phone is that [emoji12] looks big and those moving text and notifications looks fantastic

Customers of existing LG mobile products will receive service support and software updates for a period of time that will vary by region. Throughout the closure of the mobile phone business, LG will collaborate with suppliers and business partners. Employment-related details will be determined at the local level. Also, after current inventories are exhausted, LG mobile phones and tablets will no longer be sold. LG will not be releasing any new models in the near future. LG will continue to provide service parts until the end of your limited warranty period or until the end of the period required by your state's laws, whichever comes first. Depending on your carrier, parts may be available for a longer time. Apps and services will remain available and updated in accordance with current policies. Prior to any changes, relevant information about availability will be announced. LG Electronics will continue to sell wireless headphones, earbuds, and Bluetooth speakers.

The above is the official statement from LG. Seems to be more focused on the US market with mention of state laws and carriers. Support will vary by region and they haven't specified the date, but don't have high hopes of LG sustaining their mobile service network for long in India.

The above is the official statement from LG. Seems to be more focused on the US market with mention of state laws and carriers. Support will vary by region and they haven't specified the date, but don't have high hopes of LG sustaining their mobile service network for long in India.
well, i haven't found a single service center in Bangalore or another Metro city to be honest!!
this is for my g6 which needs a new battery
:(

probably there will be no sw (os) updates & no bug fixes.
if so, do we still look for (so called) offers on LG mobiles ?

Still my nexus 5 running good. Changed battery couple of years back and went to service center recently and found out they discounted it. Else would be using it for few more years. :(

Back